Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Classic line from Den earlier in one of the many amazing this is the best ever....ever.....no ever ovens you will see.......until the next one arrives :whistle: Den says very proudly "I made a new years resolution a while back that when selling an item I would only be 100% honest an nothing less!"

I have a couple of issues with that statement, 1 Before you made the new resolution werent you 100% honest? 2 You have obviously broke said resolution on so...so many occasions that many will agree we have lost could.

Seriously do the presenters ever listen to what they say and think about what they say, another example little Shaun (look at me whiter than white butter wouldnt melt me mam and me other half not being funny) Ryan......says "I love pizza made in a pizza oven, But they are too expensive........" Watch this space IW will soon have a pizza oven for sale and the bold Sean will no doubt buy not 1 but 2..........🍕 Ciao

Tower carpet cleaner on
Classic line from Den earlier in one of the many amazing this is the best ever....ever.....no ever ovens you will see.......until the next one arrives :whistle: Den says very proudly "I made a new years resolution a while back that when selling an item I would only be 100% honest an nothing less!"

I have a couple of issues with that statement, 1 Before you made the new resolution werent you 100% honest? 2 You have obviously broke said resolution on so...so many occasions that many will agree we have lost could.

Seriously do the presenters ever listen to what they say and think about what they say,
another example little Shaun (look at me whiter than white butter wouldnt melt me mam and me other half not being funny) Ryan......says "I love pizza made in a pizza oven, But they are too expensive........" Watch this space IW will soon have a pizza oven for sale and the bold Sean will no doubt buy not 1 but 2..........🍕 Ciao

I doubt it, IMO they're too dumb to realise how stupid and ridiculous they sound and how many times they contradict themselves. The few brain cells they have are only concentrating on conning people, they've no time to be worrying about sounding sensible or honest. ;)

Flaming heck, Shaun btw can't even change a quick change strap 🙄

And the guest guy speaking about one of the watches and saying there were two batteries which talk to each other, almost and the printed circuit board makes all the magic then you get the lighting and the time.:ROFLMAO:

Translated means - Two batteries which are totally separate, unconnected and have absolutely no way to talking to each other. :ROFLMAO: The circuit board is very basic and is only there to hold and connect the LEDs to ONE of the batteries, it ain't making magic or special just very, very basic electronics, kids stuff. Oh and the other battery helping to make all this magic work, is powering what is probably the cheapest quartz movement Miyota do, cost a couple of pounds.

OK it's a novel ideal for a watch display, but it's more of a gimmick, a bit like the drum roller watches, more for show piece rather than a timepiece.

PS

This lot are launching a new innovation in horology, the Hydrid Mechanical watch, in other words, they're replacing the cheapest quartz movement with a cheap skeleton miyota and extending the LED lighting to the whole dial/face, took two years to think that one up. :ROFLMAO:

God they have stooped low, selling Tupperware.

We were all probably dragged as a kid, to one of those partys, where the best thing, was the freebie that you would be given.

It looks exactly the same hello 1980s, It’s Shaun Ryan presenting, should have been Peter Simon I’m sure he could have told storys

I was lucky never dragged to one of those, but they do seem to a bit dearer than they used to be.

The guest (used to work on the other side of the camera at IW) said it will be a future heirloom. :unsure:

Future family heirlooms? Christ their plastic tubs. The ones we had didn't turn into heirlooms, just rubbish for the tip. :ROFLMAO:

PS

This lot are launching a new innovation in horology, the Hydrid Mechanical watch, in other words, they're replacing the cheapest quartz movement with a cheap skeleton miyota and extending the LED lighting to the whole dial/face, took two years to think that one up. :ROFLMAO:
If any of those vastly-overpriced toys for infantile adults ever becomes a 'minor collectable' it may be long after we're all dead and there's a 95% chance they would have bought the wrong one, so to speak. Everyone would be better off buying another currently-unpopular electronic gadget (phone, smartwatch, etc.) with a novel design since it might even appreciate in value a few years after being discontinued.

And talking of landfill, ex-Bid TV presenter Andy Hodgson was doing a sterling job yesterday evening of flogging non-jewellery crap on TJC, poor chap.

My Name is Den is up to her old get MY producer to order this ghastly coat for me sales gimmicks. Being 112, she probably forgets she has done it before.

Strange isn't it while she uses that tactic, on the other hand we have Mason, who tells us they are "not allowed to buy till after the show" as an excuse for not being able to buy a watch he really wants. :unsure:

Liar and bigger liar on now with CCCP watches, Gents heroes comrade auto, the seconds hand jumping all over 🤣 quality 👍

I'm behind, trying to catch up still at the beginning with the 24 hour dials, talking as though it's something new. Rather have an authentic Russian watch, Vostok's 24 hour dials than a Chinese watch pretending to be Russian.

At the watch now, oh that some stuttering and jump between 0-10secs, bit like the problem some of the miyota 8000 series suffer from.

Think they are pinching ideas from Vostok.

There are heaps of Nixie's on Ali & Amazon

Latest posts

Back