Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jane (not a diet lol) plan, just overpriced ready meals you can get similar for under a quid each in a discount supermarket. They should make up there mind are they a diet or a healthy eating plan, I personally think overpriced miniscule portion diet is more apt.

IW presenter - It's not a diet, honestly, It's not a diet. ;)

71M-dY2xNTL.jpg

Ps notice how they always put the miniscule portioned crap on top of fresh veg to make it look more than the 2 or 3 mouthfuls that it is. I think eventually selly telly will die out anyway as most people if they are bored look at the shill show then buy the product online cheaper just like the nutrablend they had on the other day on offer for £99 when you could go on gear best and get the same blender with extra jug for £50, ideal world if you read this stop taking people for gullible fools as in the internet age you won't get away with it any more and don't get me started on swan and Edgar/Gamages/Vickers and Armstrong/Ali express watches.

Gullible too, all you need to do is calorie count. Eat less and you lose weight simples, I'd rather have fresh food than vacuum packed crap.

Personally think where people fail with diets is they try do it too quickly, crash diet cutting out to many fatty foods in the one go, becomes a boring diet and is impossible to keep up.

Best regime is as you say, eat smaller portions, no need to cut out all the fatty foods, just have in moderation and keep to your calorie target, also do some exercising at the same time.

Where to start 😅 last night, that "chef" Jack, kept banging on about his show on ITV as if he'd "made it" Jack, nobody's awake at 3am to watch 🤔 tonight, Peter Simon saying the same, watches sold out on ITV 🤔🤣 then saying if you're new to channel 51? Everyone is new to channel 51 it's where Ideal world have moved to, it's not an entertainment channel 🙄
Finally, for now, the Swan and Edgar bloke with his spurious historical references, William the conqueror, st Bede 😲 wtf 🤣

I despair at these swan and Edgar/Gamages/Vickers Armstrong/Ali express watches, the plating is so shoddy no crispness to it. Mind you what can you expect from I'll bet 30quid from AliExpress or gearbest via fields luxury ltd post office box. All the movements are the same just a different case. They should describe the watches as Chinese mass produced cheapskate watches .

Ps they mentioned a watch will be at baselworld watch fair this year and it isn't even taking place this year.

Can't understand people who buy the watches, I only watch it for the comedy value, I didn't think anyone could waffle more than politicians without proper facts but tonight they are beating Boris and Cressida hands down, perhaps the next made up history watch will be called the ottoman or the Roman or Churchill or the Jesus Christ watch as that's what you say at the poor quality of it when you receive it.

Hasn't taken place for a few years now, and it's doubtful it will again, but it's a phrase they like to use 🤔

Yeah, the big brands were unhappy with the costs and have been setting up their own promotional shows. Even if there had been no covid they would have been in trouble.

It's actually a very misleading and deceitful phrase, apart from a few of the actual watchmaking brands on IW, ie Swiss Military by Hanowa, Roamer, Eterna etc, who are official exhibitors at Basel, the rest like Swan & Edgar, Solar Time brands & Resultco brands etc are not and never have been official exhibitors at Baselworld. they may go to Basel but it's not as exhibitors, they couldn't afford it, they are just brands that hang about the peripherals looking to make deals with retailers in corridors, cafes, hotel room etc.

Can't understand people who buy the watches, I only watch it for the comedy value, I didn't think anyone could waffle more than politicians without proper facts but tonight they are beating Boris and Cressida hands down, perhaps the next made up history watch will be called the ottoman or the Roman or Churchill or the Jesus Christ watch as that's what you say at the poor quality of it when you receive it.

Unfortunately, IW know that there is a lot of stupid people out there, who are gullible and easily conned into thinking they are buying quality watches. IW are taking advantage in the recent upsurge in watch collecting, and the fact that many of their customers are complete novices and have very little knowledge of watches & watch industry in general.

Gullible too, all you need to do is calorie count. Eat less and you lose weight simples, I'd rather have fresh food than vacuum packed crap.
I've tried Jane Plan food and it is awful. Most of it went in the bin. Very watery/sloppy consistency, bland taste, no seasoning at all and just not nice to eat. Complete waste of money and if a chef prepared it then he/she must be doing this because they can't get a proper job. My opinion only of course. Diet Chef is just as bad.

CC

Watching Swan & Edgar just now, and it's the pick of the day watch, which 'my name is Shaun btw' says is one of the most stunning and beautiful watches he's ever seen.

Ok Shaun question for you, how in the hell has this stunning & beautiful horological wonder (green dial)have a large seconds hand and a small seconds hand (in the sub dial) that are out of sync by 26 seconds? :unsure:

Now, we've seen cheap Chinese movements before where the sub dial seconds hands are slightly out of sync with the large seconds hand, maybe a second or two, but 26 seconds. :eek:

I've tried Jane Plan food and it is awful. Most of it went in the bin. Very watery/sloppy consistency, bland taste, no seasoning at all and just not nice to eat. Complete waste of money and if a chef prepared it then he/she must be doing this because they can't get a proper job. My opinion only of course. Diet Chef is just as bad.

CC
As most Jane Plan food is packaged using a "well-known cooking method" involving high-pressure cooking, we can conclude that the food's purely designed to be stored in a warehouse for months on end without rotting, meaning that both taste and choice are heavily compromised as a consequence. It's designed so that you can reheat the packet contents and it won't kill you but the end result certainly won't taste as good otherwise many more companies would have adopted the same practice by now and freezing wouldn't be commonly used. Some people might like it but that's their personal taste and the plan gets them hooked on convenience at a price, but online delivery services now provide better food at similar prices albeit not usually portion-controlled ("Don't call it a diet!").

Also if anyone mentions 'fresh' in respect of Jane Plan food they obviously would cover themselves by saying it's "fresh from the packet" or that the surrounding vegetables are 'fresh'; not exactly what the average viewer would infer from the term 'freshness' given the context.

Yes that stood out like a saw thumb🙂 even the wife noticed and she has no interest in all things horological 🤔

Well it confirms two things about Swan & Edgar and their supplier/watchmaker, one is, who ever fitted the hands to that watch did a piss poor job of aligning the hands and secondly, their quality control must be non existent to allow that to get sent out. ;):ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back