Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can't expect much from these watches, no wonder company name is fields luxury ltd it must be because they are living in luxury and get someone else to field awkward questions about the brand's so called "British" heritage,. Not one of the watches is worth more than £30 quid at best. Or did I mean gearbest?.

I think Hayley was on something yesterday morning during the fashion show. First she played a game with herself, guessing the price of a dress which was coming up (which she DEFINITELY didn't know/wasn't told before the show!), going with £29.99 and was completely shocked when it was revealed to be £9.99.

Then she was saying how items for £10/£15 shouldn't have 4 flexi pays on them and that due to some of the Ideal World staff still working from home, she believes one of their children must have pressed a button and they were just going with it... :unsure:

Just mentioned the swan and Edgar watches will be at basel watch fair later this year that has been called off, you couldn't make this balderdash up if you tried.
The lies were several times more extraordinary than the watches, and if the ASA and Ofcom had any teeth Ideal World would be closed down tomorrow purely based on what was said tonight. Here's just a few examples, bearing in mind that the quotes are based from memory (the show can be watched online but I can't face seeing it again), but you get the general drift:

"British-designed and hand-built" (The former is incorrect)

"Swan and Edgar's London design house" (Designed and made in China of course)

Peter Simon saying something about 20 people on the web trying to buy a watch that had already sold out, which obviously can't be based on the following...

When referring to watch sales, Simon Peters doing the old trick of saying "12 down to 11, 11 down to 10, 10 down to 9", meaning they'd only sold 3 watches, then more than half an hour later saying there were 8 left (may have been a different watch but you get the idea).

"There's (impossibly large number) now on the web"

Plus much more, but I don't want to lose the will to live.

The lies were several times more extraordinary than the watches, and if the ASA and Ofcom had any teeth Ideal World would be closed down tomorrow purely based on what was said tonight. Here's just a few examples, bearing in mind that the quotes are based from memory (the show can be watched online but I can't face seeing it again), but you get the general drift:

"British-designed and hand-built" (The former is incorrect)

"Swan and Edgar's London design house" (Designed and made in China of course)

Peter Simon saying something about 20 people on the web trying to buy a watch that had already sold out, which obviously can't be based on the following...

When referring to watch sales, Simon Peters doing the old trick of saying "12 down to 11, 11 down to 10, 10 down to 9", meaning they'd only sold 3 watches, then more than half an hour later saying there were 8 left (may have been a different watch but you get the idea).

"There's (impossibly large number) now on the web"

Plus much more, but I don't want to lose the will to live.

Every reference they made to the watch brand's history and heritage was a lie, everything they said actually was related to the department store which the present watch brand has absolutely no connection with. Just con artists.

Peter did the same trick with watch sales numbers on the Saturday night show, at the start of the world timer segment (approx 8.35pm) he said -
"let me quickly show you this cause we have only got 15 of these left."

A few minutes later

"We only had 18, we've now got 17, we've got 16, please go and check out your baskets."

So they actually managed to increased stock in a few minutes. :ROFLMAO:

A few minutes later

"The world timer, checking out now, 17 of you, that's all that remains."

So started with 15, then went to 16 and ended up with 17. :unsure:

during that sales pitch he also said.

"We can tell you this will be the first to sell out."

And it's still there, still hasn't sold out. :ROFLMAO:

I seem to time my hop on moments to perfection. Last night, I think it was a mattress show (mattress show, surely not!!!) with Paul B and Shona. Paul looks to camera with faux sincere face and says ...

'This is not an infomercial, we are live and this is a live demonstration'

Whether it's technically an infomercial or not, who the **** actually cares?!? There you are, sitting flogging a product for 2-3 hours solid, saying the same things minute in minute out. So it's live and infomercials are recorded. Big deal.

I'd say the similarities between infomercials and IW's live ITV/STV hours are many ;) Actually, I'd assert this for most of their output. The 'live' thing means very little except what, pathetic stock updates, sycophantic emails from punters, maybe the odd reference to something happening in the world. I'll say it again, big deal.

I hopped off again approx. 9.8 secs later ...

I seem to time my hop on moments to perfection. Last night, I think it was a mattress show (mattress show, surely not!!!) with Paul B and Shona. Paul looks to camera with faux sincere face and says ...

'This is not an infomercial, we are live and this is a live demonstration'

Whether it's technically an infomercial or not, who the **** actually cares?!? There you are, sitting flogging a product for 2-3 hours solid, saying the same things minute in minute out. So it's live and infomercials are recorded. Big deal.

I'd say the similarities between infomercials and IW's live ITV/STV hours are many ;) Actually, I'd assert this for most of their output. The 'live' thing means very little except what, pathetic stock updates, sycophantic emails from punters, maybe the odd reference to something happening in the world. I'll say it again, big deal.

I hopped off again approx. 9.8 secs later ...

Trying to type fast now in case power problems tonight, lights flickering a lot. Geesh football was postponed yesterday afternoon with storm malik now another one, storm corrie has arrived here. :eek::cool:

Anyway, I wonder if it was also a reference to the difference in their Emma shows very recently, ie before the shows were really just paid adverts, IW had no involvement in the sales process and you had to order the mattresses from Emma's own web site, whereas now you place your order with IW and they process the orders?

Trying to type fast now in case power problems tonight, lights flickering a lot. Geesh football was postponed yesterday afternoon with storm malik now another one, storm corrie has arrived here. :eek::cool:

Anyway, I wonder if it was also a reference to the difference in their Emma shows very recently, ie before the shows were really just paid adverts, IW had no involvement in the sales process and you had to order the mattresses from Emma's own web site, whereas now you place your order with IW and they process the orders?
Could be, good point. However to me, there are many similarities between selly telly and infomercials, whether selly telly channels like it or not ;)

Could be, good point. However to me, there are many similarities between selly telly and infomercials, whether selly telly channels like it or not ;)
Ironic as Ideal World moves towards being more like non-stop 'infomercials' it tries to distance itself from such a thing because it's perceived as being 'dull' (and yes they are), though most of shopping telly doesn't strictly speaking have to be live if we're honest.

Shaun "isnt being funny" whilst flogging the Tower Vortx tonight, He isnt "worried" about the stock.......yet! But the Del boys that IW are and now flogging "red arrows" cheese for valentine's day as Shaun loves flowers but thinks cheese on valentine's day is different and would be a good idea.

Please keep in mind Shaun is selling a Tupperware breadsmart for just £30...........£30 to put bread in and get a few extras days out of your bread.......Yes prices are shooting up indeed! Hold on £30 is for the small and its £50 for the large!!!! :confused:

You'd be forgiven for thinking I'm making this up, honestly, I'm not. I hopped on again last night (see my earlier post re: Paul B and infomercial denial) for all but 30 secs. There was Paul B, again saying 'we're live, this isn't a recording, if you want proof email in and we'll read your emails out ...' etc etc.

Goodness, what lengths they are going to in an attempt to distance themselves from infomercials.

I'll say it again, in many ways IW is one big infomercial, albeit with live content. To dress selly telly up as anything else, regardless of the channel, is foolhardy.

Been watching Create and Craft.

Them being taken over Is so confusing, both the Craft Store and Create and Craft have had different events, different postal offers, some items have been on both channels with different prices.

If the channels are as one now, shouldn’t the prices be the same. Or is how transitional periods work.

Ib the next month Create and Craft are leaving the studios.

Heres a idea, Poundland rent the studios, the crap IW cant sell can be sold next door

I've just flicked over and Barrow Boy Mike is showing a hideous Duxot rainbow stone watch. I've seen a Rolex with similar stones around the dial which maybe this is emulating but even that has polarizing views on Reddit when someone posts a photo of one. This one just looks cheap and nasty.
Mike seems to be pushing it towards a "certain type" of customer though. He's talking about "in a modern day society" and "wear it with PRIDE", "buy it for someone whatever your relationship status may be". Just come out and say it Mike. You think it's a watch for gay guys!
I wonder if Macho Mike would be proud of wearing it dahhhn the pub or on holiday like the others he tries to flog?

I've just flicked over and Barrow Boy Mike is showing a hideous Duxot rainbow stone watch. I've seen a Rolex with similar stones around the dial which maybe this is emulating but even that has polarizing views on Reddit when someone posts a photo of one. This one just looks cheap and nasty.
Mike seems to be pushing it towards a "certain type" of customer though. He's talking about "in a modern day society" and "wear it with PRIDE", "buy it for someone whatever your relationship status may be". Just come out and say it Mike. You think it's a watch for gay guys!
I wonder if Macho Mike would be proud of wearing it dahhhn the pub or on holiday like the others he tries to flog?

Mike does think he's a really clever, comedic & honest presenter, but in reality he's dull, boring, annoying and speaks a load of crap.

Those watches are just a cheap attempt at being a homage to Rolex Yachtmaster from a few years ago, there's no originality to it, no great watchmaking skills or design, they've taken bog standard Chinese copy of Rolex watch case, dial etc and stuck a bezel with cheap crystals on it. The Rolex was an ugly blingy looking thing for posers with more money than sense, these Duxots are just for posers who have no money or sense. ;):ROFLMAO:

I think Hayley was on something yesterday morning during the fashion show. First she played a game with herself, guessing the price of a dress which was coming up (which she DEFINITELY didn't know/wasn't told before the show!), going with £29.99 and was completely shocked when it was revealed to be £9.99.

Then she was saying how items for £10/£15 shouldn't have 4 flexi pays on them and that due to some of the Ideal World staff still working from home, she believes one of their children must have pressed a button and they were just going with it... :unsure:

They don't half speak some rubbish at times, Hayley's one of the worst, she's thick as two short planks.

My name is Den I was selling a treadmill yesterday,I did over 2,000 steps while hardly moving.
It’s incredible to think I am still so active at my time of life.
I’ve been working here a long time 👩‍🦼

But if he came out with the statement you suggested, it would be him kissing his career goodbye.

He would have to go and work on onlyfans.

But if he came out with the statement you suggested, it would be him kissing his career goodbye.

He would have to go and work on onlyfans.
Exactly. That's why he was just vaguely hinting at who he thought it would be suitable for. It was very obvious what he was getting at. As part of the LGBT+ community myself, I wouldn't be seen dead in it as it was so gaudy 😂

Ugh! Can you imagine him naked on Onlyfans? His stringy body and them awful outdated tribal tattoos he has down his arms. No wonder even the producers at IW make sure he's one of the few presenters they keep covered up on the fitness shows. They have him wearing a suit while walking on a treadmill. Even pervy Pete has his disgusting body on display on them shows so they must be hiding Mike for a reason.

Mason on the M76 watch - "every single time it's on it sells out."

I've just one thing to say Mason.
stop-lying-kyle-broflovski.gif

Latest posts

Back