Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bamix/Baymix time. John's just said "People take the Mickey out of me and call me "I'm not a chef John". I wonder who he's talking about? 😂
I'll call it BaYmix even though the manufacturer and 99.9% of people call it Bamix because I'm cool

Emmm, I have news for you ...

Is it a good product? Yes. But stop saying it replaces all blenders/mixers ... it doesn't. With a tabletop mixer you can shove stuff, if needed LOTS of stuff, in the bowl, set it to mix and walk away to do other tasks. Can your wonderful BaYmix do that?

Nope.

Who's getting ready for 90 mins of bull muck and cccp russian sounding hong Kong solar time world exclusives that are available elsewhere a horological pork pie time coming. Oh joy not.

Well first time tonight claiming a watch has a Slava movement when it doesn't.

Question for Bordell the expert bullshitter.

If that Tolstoy has a Slava movement in it, how do you change the date?

For anybody not familiar with slava movements, changing the date on a Slava is not done through the crown, it has a separate date lever system at the 2pm position, so it requires one of those small sunken pushers at the 2pm position.

as can be seen in this pic with a genuine slava movement, and of course the Tolstoy doesn't have this so it ain't a Slava, if it was you'd have a hard time quick changing the date. ;)

maxresdefault-crop.jpg

ASA should sort this lot out but never do.

One of my complaints to ASA was about IW CCCP shows, 8 shows were covered in my complaint, and ASA upheld my complaint, but refrained from opening a formal investigation into IW as IW had given assurances that it wouldn't happen again and presenters would be given appropriate training.

Part of that complaint included the CCCP Gorky watch, which IW & Bordell had claimed in 5 different shows that the watch had a Slava movement in it, when in fact it was an NH35. And i advised ASA that I had emailed IW a few times during the first show pointing out their errors but was ignored on each occasion.

A few weeks after my complaint was upheld, low and behold IW & Bordell were again selling the Gorky and again claiming it contained a Slava movement.

After a period of time ASA contacted me to ask for my opinion on how my complaint was handled, told them it was an utter waste of my time as although ASA had upheld my complaint, and found IW in the wrong, IW just ignored the slap on the wrist from ASA and continued to make erroneous claims about the watches they were selling.

Of course ASA never responded.

Moral of the story, if anyone wants to complain to ASA be prepared for it to be a complete waste of your time.

Latest posts

Back