Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Earnshaw Palmerston Tourbillion watch looks essentially identical in its basic design to the Raoul U Braun Tourbillion apart from some cosmetic changes and I'm guessing is produced on exactly the same production line. "RRP £3050" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And having seen the Villemont Tenacity it's simply laughable for the money they're charging for it (£950); this watch might be passable for £200 with its Sellita movement but that's it, even if it does have a carbon fibre casing.

When selling watches, why don’t they get reps from the company’s on

He is a rep from the company, same as Jim Clawley, they both do work for Dartmouth brands AKA Solar Time. They're not IW's own pretendy experts. That's why their lies are even worse than Peter Simon, Peter Simon is just an idiot parroting the bullshit he's being fed, Bordell, Clawley and the Dartmouth brands are feeding them the bullshit. Add to that the buyers/producers/editors etc at IW are either complicit with the lies and bullshit stories or they are so ignorant and stupid that they can't even research the products they are selling properly, personally i go for the former.

Bordell does videos on youtube for them and has appeared on selly telly in the states.

Kev's doing clocks tonight, no doubt in 45 years in the trade he's never seen anything like it. We'll be first to see them and first to own them and all the stock will be loaded in the system.

Although £299 is awfully steep, even half price is expensive considering you can get them on Ali for less than £60.

I got mine from Ali a few years back, when they were all the rage, although not from that particular seller on Ali.

IMG_20220213_090827-crop.jpg

Why would you need a wall clock to be waterproof to 999 feet?

The writing on teh dial is just for show, they're just copying the Mathey-Tissot Rolly watch dial (or different dials for other makes) for the clocks, they're not waterproof at all, they have holes in the back so you can change the time & date and change the battery.

Why does Peter Simon give a bloddy lecture about a sodding watch they are going to sell, while sat at a desk like he Is going to Present the News.

Why have they got Ideal World price, and a Checkout Price, Why dont they just take the 10% off, and call that Ideal World price
This is what makes me laugh (although not in a being amused way) when they sit there, put on the faux sincere voice, head in their hands, then tell the viewer why they need to buy. I know most on here are aware however many general viewers aren't. They're CONSTANTLY using a wide variety of subtle and not so subtle sales techniques through what they say and the on-screen graphics. All this guff about how hard 100 people behind the scenes have been working to get the product to air, first in the world to see it, limited stocks, never to be repeated prices blah blah BLAH.

How lucky are you as a viewer, never have you been so lucky, all the effort we go to. So, get to the phones now and buy, right, just buy. It's hardly new. Market stall sellers, the good ones that is, were doing this sort of stuff decades ago. Subtlety impregnate the minds of those watching into a state of ' I need to buy this' regardless of whether they actually need to. So you grab the 5 bathroom towels for £5 even though you already have 10 perfectly good ones at home ;)

It's the viewer doing the seller the favour ALL THE TIME when they buy. Never or very rarely the other way round. However selly telly does a pretty good job at changing viewer psychology to believe it's the reverse that's true.

Imagine if your IT skills were good enough that you could hack their live tv broadcasts and put other info on the screen. So when they're selling product x for £200 and saying they've not seen it cheaper anywhere else, or it can't be had anywhere else, you flash info up on screen of the 3-4 other retailers doing product x for less than £200.

Just a 10 sec flash then off.

Now THAT would be fun!

This is what makes me laugh (although not in a being amused way) when they sit there, put on the faux sincere voice, head in their hands, then tell the viewer why they need to buy. I know most on here are aware however many general viewers aren't. They're CONSTANTLY using a wide variety of subtle and not so subtle sales techniques through what they say and the on-screen graphics. All this guff about how hard 100 people behind the scenes have been working to get the product to air, first in the world to see it, limited stocks, never to be repeated prices blah blah BLAH.

How lucky are you as a viewer, never have you been so lucky, all the effort we go to. So, get to the phones now and buy, right, just buy. It's hardly new. Market stall sellers, the good ones that is, were doing this sort of stuff decades ago. Subtlety impregnate the minds of those watching into a state of ' I need to buy this' regardless of whether they actually need to. So you grab the 5 bathroom towels for £5 even though you already have 10 perfectly good ones at home ;)

It's the viewer doing the seller the favour ALL THE TIME when they buy. Never or very rarely the other way round. However selly telly does a pretty good job at changing viewer psychology to believe it's the reverse that's true.
All this 'Well done if you've got it' is another technique they use, as if buying something off them means you've achieved something.

Kev's doing clocks tonight, no doubt in 45 years in the trade he's never seen anything like it. We'll be first to see them and first to own them and all the stock will be loaded in the system.

Although £299 is awfully steep, even half price is expensive considering you can get them on Ali for less than £60.

I got mine from Ali a few years back, when they were all the rage, although not from that particular seller on Ali.

View attachment 23193
If weight equals quality then even £299 is amazing value

Latest posts

Back