Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm still here too! Not been about for a while as I have been sleeping on the best bed ever. I haven't got out of it since October 2019, so I guess its comfy. Best thing is, being away for so long, I haven't missed any BS.
Talking of is anyone still here, has anyone heard any mention of Lee, from Ventnor? He was a well mentioned person who used to, (Allegedly), purchase almost all of the watches? (The Bed thing was tongue in cheek BTW). Have a great afternoon all.

Sally Jacks on H2O steam cleaner - average spend on household cleaners £450 per year, that is a stat! 2 minutes search on internet, average household spend £175, and I will quote my source (Statista.com). How do they look at themselves in the mirror?

Is anybody there still?
I hardly watch selly telly these days tbh, usually infuriates me too much listening to their garbage, even just hopping on for a few mins is usually too much for me. A few nights back I made the mistake of having a quick look at IW, Mike M was on flogging watches. He did the usual thing ...

(Speaking to the producer or at least pretending to) How many do we have left my darlin? (pause for dramatic effect) Is that all?!? (doesn't tell the viewer how many, could be 1 could be 1000) Right listen, you need to get a wriggle on, these are GOING! I say this not to rush you but as friendly advice.

Usual rubbish. How do I know? Cause later that night, then next day, the product was still available.

So yeah, not much for me to post on here cause I try to avoid watching ;)

I'm the same as Cheeky Chappie, for a while it was funny watching & commenting on the clowns making idiots of themselves with their silly antics and lies, but after a while it becomes more annoying than fun, especially when you realise many folks are being conned by these shysters.
Strangely, while all of the presenters annoy me with their constant misinformation and lies, it's been the guests (especially on the watch shows, why do the watch shows attract the worst shysters?) which have really annoyed me to a greater extent these days and made IW unwatchable (no pun intended :p), the demise of Reynolds from being one of the better guests (although pretty ignorant at least give more actual technical details of the watches) to becoming a fully fledged member of the dark side has been sad to see, he's probably watched the horologically ignorant Boydell, Miss Gerrards & The Fields spouting absolute crap and thought if you can't beat them join them, but worst of all is Bordell, the sight & sound of that arrogant shyster, is just too much for my blood pressure, every time i see and hear him i feel like smashing my TV, the amount of crap, misinformation and lies that spew from his lips is unbelievable, hopefully karma will catch up with the deceitful lowlife piece of scum in the near future.

I've hardly been watching the channels lately. Like everyone else says its fun to take the piss out of them for a while but then you just get disgusted at their sales techniques and too much "rage watching" isn't good for anybody's mental health.

I have to say though, I flicked over to an overnight show before bed a couple of weeks ago and ended up buying a Sodastream. I honestly cannot complain about it. It was delivered within four days and it was a good price with free p&p. I was interested in the product (I've wanted one for forty years since I was a kid in the 80's 😂) so I didn't listen to any of the guff from Alan "I own a pizza shop" Ennis and Creepy Crawley.

The Pepsi Max and Diet 7up probably taste better than out of a two litre bottle from the supermarket as you can make it as fizzy as you like to your taste.

I've almost given up watching Ideal World as well, though I'm watching tonight for the first time in several days and they were selling those cheap Muddyfox Electric Avenue bikes with two free accessories (chosen from a list of four) cheaper (£809.99+£9.99 UK P&P) than Muddyfox's own website, Evans Cycles or Sports Direct. However it's best to remember that Muddyfox is now a Mike Ashley/Sports Direct (Frasers Group) own brand and Ashley also owns Evans Cycles...see what's happening here? So yes, far from being the 'pioneering brand' it used to be it's now just another pile 'em high, sell them (not so) cheap rubbish item (allegedly).

And then you may realise the emphasis that Jess and Tim were placing on "introducing mountain bikes to Europe" (technically true for the original long-defunct Muddy Fox company) is because it's a 'good' excuse to quote the maximum battery range in kilometers, and when that maximum range is 25-28km some viewers might interpret that as being similar to 28 miles when it's actually a lot less when translated into miles. The maximum legal speed assistance limit is 25 kilometers an hour which is the same as 15.5 miles an hour, so a fresh fully-charged battery roughly translates to an absolute maximum range in good conditions of, erm, around 17 miles. Oh dear. Even Halfords' cheapest electric bike (£499) can supposedly do a bit better than that. Also allegedly Tim has a Muddyfox electric bike of his own, but if he's truly knowledgable about electric bikes he wouldn't touch that one with the longest bargepole. It certainly won't take you much higher that's for sure.

Now Ideal World's selling manure which is something their presenters should be very knowledgable about :LOL:

I'm still here too! Not been about for a while as I have been sleeping on the best bed ever. I haven't got out of it since October 2019, so I guess its comfy. Best thing is, being away for so long, I haven't missed any BS.
Talking of is anyone still here, has anyone heard any mention of Lee, from Ventnor? He was a well mentioned person who used to, (Allegedly), purchase almost all of the watches? (The Bed thing was tongue in cheek BTW). Have a great afternoon all.
Lee from Ventnor, that's a blast from the past! Haven't heard any mention of him but I don't watch much, usually just during the adverts if I'm watching another channel on live telly.

I went to the Isle of Wight last year for a short break, I should have looked him up as I did go to Ventnor. I would have easily spotted him due to his impressive watch (and no, that's not a euphemism...🤔).

Anyway, nice to see you back here!

I've almost given up watching Ideal World as well, though I'm watching tonight for the first time in several days and they were selling those cheap Muddyfox Electric Avenue bikes with two free accessories (chosen from a list of four) cheaper (£809.99+£9.99 UK P&P) than Muddyfox's own website, Evans Cycles or Sports Direct. However it's best to remember that Muddyfox is now a Mike Ashley/Sports Direct (Frasers Group) own brand and Ashley also owns Evans Cycles...see what's happening here? So yes, far from being the 'pioneering brand' it used to be it's now just another pile 'em high, sell them (not so) cheap rubbish item (allegedly).

And then you may realise the emphasis that Jess and Tim were placing on "introducing mountain bikes to Europe" (technically true for the original long-defunct Muddy Fox company) is because it's a 'good' excuse to quote the maximum battery range in kilometers, and when that maximum range is 25-28km some viewers might interpret that as being similar to 28 miles when it's actually a lot less when translated into miles. The maximum legal speed assistance limit is 25 kilometers an hour which is the same as 15.5 miles an hour, so a fresh fully-charged battery roughly translates to an absolute maximum range in good conditions of, erm, around 17 miles. Oh dear. Even Halfords' cheapest electric bike (£499) can supposedly do a bit better than that. Also allegedly Tim has a Muddyfox electric bike of his own, but if he's truly knowledgable about electric bikes he wouldn't touch that one with the longest bargepole. It certainly won't take you much higher that's for sure.

Now Ideal World's selling manure which is something their presenters should be very knowledgable about :LOL:
Interesting that this is an ‘easy to maintain‘ single speed bike. Even with the electric assist this is not going to be much help on the hills.

No Vostok vaatches on the Kezza Rezza extravaganza of time this evening? I know they are actually not Russian made, but nonetheless, there is a rather strong association with NOT the most popular country in the world at the moment. Buy one get two free, perhaps?

No Vostok vaatches on the Kezza Rezza extravaganza of time this evening? I know they are actually not Russian made, but nonetheless, there is a rather strong association with NOT the most popular country in the world at the moment. Buy one get two free, perhaps?

Well he's got Aviator on, which has a direct connection with that country. Aviator watches are made by Buran SA, which is subsidiary set up to produce Swiss made Watches, it's a subsidiary of Volmax, Moscow. One of the reason some of their watches are named after Soviet/Russian planes.

See he spent the first 10 minutes being a liar and ignorant as usual.

A house clean up to £250 to be won. ‘Up to’ being the key words. They probably have an assumption all their customers live in one bedroom flats, or tiny houses. Expect a couple of YTS IW workers to arrive with a mop and shared bucket..

A house clean up to £250 to be won. ‘Up to’ being the key words. They probably have an assumption all their customers live in one bedroom flats, or tiny houses. Expect a couple of YTS IW workers to arrive with a mop and shared bucket..

*Flooring only. Anyone found living in one of those 'Hoarders' houses you see on the telly will be rejected even if it's just a crisp packet on the floor. No more than three bedrooms and/or two living rooms. The most annoying Ideal World presenter doing a RugDoctor demo for 6+ hours until you're screaming for them to leave and you end up paying the £10000 to clean someone else's house. Cleaning fluid not included. Further T's & C's apply which we won't reveal to you before we're on your doorstep. Shouting Salleh only available at extra cost.

(y)

Latest posts

Back