I do miss them sometimes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

go to ideal world, it is pretty much the resurrection of bid tv.

right as I type, chris birkett is the guest expert for a vac.

go to ideal world, it is pretty much the resurrection of bid tv.

right as I type, chris birkett is the guest expert for a vac.

haha, yeah IW is the new Bid. I'll give it a year for Peter Simon will return to give us his 10pm Larry Grayson walk on routine. The amount of ex-Bid employees at IW is a little OTT.

Peter Sherlock
Sally Flapjack
James Russell

I'm almost certain one of them will show up at some point :D

haha, yeah IW is the new Bid. I'll give it a year for Peter Simon will return to give us his 10pm Larry Grayson walk on routine. The amount of ex-Bid employees at IW is a little OTT.

Peter Sherlock
Sally Flapjack
James Russell

I'm almost certain one of them will show up at some point :D

if I were a betting lady my money would be on Peter Sherlock popping up next.

I never got into Bid until I became aware of them from this forum and then they were about to crash,but the little I did see I can understand why people miss them. Riveting live TV.

I W. isn't quite there yet ,but looks like they're going that way.

Well over 40% of the channel has already gone, Turandot, so if you haven't checked out your viewing basket yet, I would advise you to do so before someone else gets yours! And why not share the burden with a family member using the flexi-viewing option?

Sorry Turandot, you probably wont understand the next section of my post, but others will...

I agree, Ideal World just hasn't got 'it' yet, whatever 'it' might be. Just not the same! No wow factor. Looking back at the Bid Vids, it seems that 'it' was perhaps a combination of Marina Berry and Peter Simon and random prices, but to be fair if a new channel was to be launched, it would need new presenters, none of the old crowd!

I don't think we can expect comedy Bid to ever be recreated any time soon, even though Ideal World are dangerously close at times, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if LeanForward decided to have another go, and when they are ready to do that, I am ready to jump in and support should they so wish to accept the help. The website does mention that there will be jobs, so hopes are high. But remember, that team (LeanForward) is the original Bid-Up team from the very beginning, it isn't the management that let the channel slip into low quantities, mega Warehouse Clearance, free P&P days but everything is £8 dearer than usual, everything imported from China, free credit if you buy today but can only use said credit on certain days on certain items channel. Bid-Up was an actual auction channel with quality brands, not a mock auction with a pre-determined final mega drop price.

It's a pound, it's a pound, just buy it! No Peter, it isn't a pound is it? You see there is the whole £7.99 P&P and £1.53 phone call to take into consideration.

30 Day money back guarantee, yes that's nice, but you say that delivery is up to 14 days after order!

LeanForward management, the time is right! Most of the tacky Red Coat style presenters have signed up elsewhere, you are free of them now, it is time to start again without them, and it will work, trust me I am an expert, I know good shopping television formats and my good shopping television format reflex test sheet can prove it!

LeanForward, I look forward to hearing from you. Sign up to the forum and get chatting with us all.

Latest posts

Back