Naughty TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mayday

Registered Shopper
I was browsing the TJC website this morning when I noticed a Rhapsody Tanzanite and diamond ring at what appeared to be a very good price in view of the fact that there would also be a 25% discount with an online code . After discussions with my husband I decided to go ahead and put it in my basket only to notice some minutes later that it had been removed and when I tried to find the item again it said it was sold out . I've now noticed that it is available again but the price has gone up by £2500! I wonder if they would have honoured my purchase if I had been quicker off the mark checking out .

I was browsing the TJC website this morning when I noticed a Rhapsody Tanzanite and diamond ring at what appeared to be a very good price in view of the fact that there would also be a 25% discount with an online code . After discussions with my husband I decided to go ahead and put it in my basket only to notice some minutes later that it had been removed and when I tried to find the item again it said it was sold out . I've now noticed that it is available again but the price has gone up by £2500! I wonder if they would have honoured my purchase if I had been quicker off the mark checking out .

The answer to that is a big fat NO! In my experience TJC do not understand the word honour and they will always wriggle out of anything when it suits them to do so. At the end of last year I was quoted a price by their personal shopper for a bespoke Rhapsody 2.00ct diamond ring and just 1 week later when I finally decided to go ahead and order it TJC then decided that their buyers had quoted an incorrect price and upped it by £1500! It wasn't as if the original quote was cheap either at £3499 but to then make it £4999 was ludicrous and extremely unfair.:angry: How can this company who boast that they are 'experts' in the jewellery field make an error of judgement of that magnitude?? Obviously I complained at length to Colin Wagstaffe and slippery Amit but neither of would budge and quite frankly I wouldn't trust either of them or this company to be honourable, I doubt if they can even spell the word. :wonder:

P.S. I would add that this debacle was NOT the fault of the personal shopper as she quoted me with the information that she was originally given from the buyers.

P.P.S. The same ring was later on their website being sold for considerably less than their grossly inflated quote.
:mysmilie_10: I no longer buy from TJC.

Oh Sue that is such bad practice isn't it , I would have been so angry and upset . In truth the ring I was going to buy was mispriced and although I was annoyed that they just whipped it out of my basket they would have been £2500 down if I had bought it with the wrong online price and another 25% off !
I have noticed that their prices seem to go up and down randomly with no rhyme nor reason . They are certainly not professional are they as they have now lost your custom and I know you collect beautiful premium pieces .

I've lost interest in the channel these days Mayday and only dip in occasionally to see what kind of crap they're selling now, i.e. cheap scarves, vinyl handbags, vile trinket boxes etc and to laugh at Marshall's bull****. To be fair some of their jewellery still appeals but their prices are now too high and as you point out, quite random.

TJC are full of bull****. I can't believe how they spend SO much time telling us how much the price is NOT, playing some mysterious music then taking another bit off, then talking bollocks for another 10 minutes then taking another bit off, then telling us how many people are holding etc. It really irritates the hell out of me. Why don't they just cut out all that bollocks and tell us how much they want for the f***ing item so we can just decide whether to buy it or not. I can't stand all that pissing about. Their start prices are hyperinflated so they are not really giving an great saving. I can't see that anyone would be gullible enough to believe all that crap. I really hate the mock surprise at their "price plunge" like they can't believe it, and how they're really doing something a bit naughty because the manager isn't there. Why do they treat us like 4-year-olds? The viewers aren't stupid. We f***ing KNOW it's all decided by management what the final price will be. You are not fooling ANYONE so put the f***ing final price up IMMEDIATELY you stupid f***ing c**ts! I really hate the stupid music that's supposed to get us rushing to the telephones or in a state of suspense.
I can't stand characterless Amit Agrewal, whose charisma is on a par with his level of English! Terrible! No personality whatsoever! The gems are almost always fissure treated with glass sealants, colour treated. The rings are all mass produced from a "tree mould" hence the stones are poorly set. It's all made in Indian sweatshops! I hate shouty old Chloe Marshall. When she models rings it looks like a mummified corpse is being revealed after 5,000 years inside a sarcophagus in a pyramid!

Last edited:
The answer to that is a big fat NO! In my experience TJC do not understand the word honour and they will always wriggle out of anything when it suits them to do so. At the end of last year I was quoted a price by their personal shopper for a bespoke Rhapsody 2.00ct diamond ring and just 1 week later when I finally decided to go ahead and order it TJC then decided that their buyers had quoted an incorrect price and upped it by £1500! It wasn't as if the original quote was cheap either at £3499 but to then make it £4999 was ludicrous and extremely unfair.:angry: How can this company who boast that they are 'experts' in the jewellery field make an error of judgement of that magnitude?? Obviously I complained at length to Colin Wagstaffe and slippery Amit but neither of would budge and quite frankly I wouldn't trust either of them or this company to be honourable, I doubt if they can even spell the word. :wonder:

P.S. I would add that this debacle was NOT the fault of the personal shopper as she quoted me with the information that she was originally given from the buyers.

P.P.S. The same ring was later on their website being sold for considerably less than their grossly inflated quote.
:mysmilie_10: I no longer buy from TJC.

Maybe Amit's speshilll dill was for a limited time only - like 5 seconds!

I haven't bought from them since they went completely down market.i know there is a market for costume jewellery/ cheap jewellery but please don't try and kid us they are the bargains of the year.

Platinum Overlay and Gold overlay are what they mostly sell now .

TJC are full of bull****. I can't believe how they spend SO much time telling us how much the price is NOT, playing some mysterious music then taking another bit off, then talking bollocks for another 10 minutes then taking another bit off, then telling us how many people are holding etc. It really irritates the hell out of me. Why don't they just cut out all that bollocks and tell us how much they want for the f***ing item so we can just decide whether to buy it or not. I can't stand all that pissing about. Their start prices are hyperinflated so they are not really giving an great saving. I can't see that anyone would be gullible enough to believe all that crap. I really hate the mock surprise at their "price plunge" like they can't believe it, and how they're really doing something a bit naughty because the manager isn't there. Why do they treat us like 4-year-olds? The viewers aren't stupid. We f***ing KNOW it's all decided by management what the final price will be. You are not fooling ANYONE so put the f***ing final price up IMMEDIATELY you stupid f***ing c**ts! I really hate the stupid music that's supposed to get us rushing to the telephones or in a state of suspense.
I can't stand characterless Amit Agrewal, whose charisma is on a par with his level of English! Terrible! No personality whatsoever! The gems are almost always fissure treated with glass sealants, colour treated. The rings are all mass produced from a "tree mould" hence the stones are poorly set. It's all made in Indian sweatshops! I hate shouty old Chloe Marshall. When she models rings it looks like a mummified corpse is being revealed after 5,000 years inside a sarcophagus in a pyramid!​

Last edited by Julius; 15-10-2014 at 03:19 PM.​

:mysmilie_15: Bravo Julius!! :mysmilie_59: You have just expressed my own feelings exactly..... including all the swearing at the telly.
:mysmilie_12:

Last edited:
I can't stand characterless Amit Agrewal, whose charisma is on a par with his level of English! Terrible! No personality whatsoever! The gems are almost always fissure treated with glass sealants, colour treated. The rings are all mass produced from a "tree mould" hence the stones are poorly set. It's all made in Indian sweatshops! I hate shouty old Chloe Marshall. When she models rings it looks like a mummified corpse is being revealed after 5,000 years inside a sarcophagus in a pyramid!

I forgot to say this is THE most wonderful rant I think I've ever seen on this site. :mysmilie_378:Well done Julius, and to Admin for leaving in the expletives. I am very impressed!! :mysmilie_504:

I forgot to say this is THE most wonderful rant I think I've ever seen on this site. :mysmilie_378:Well done Julius, and to Admin for leaving in the expletives. I am very impressed!! :mysmilie_504:

Yes, I do feel quite strongly about TJC. I still watch it, largely for entertainment value, provided Chloe Marshall isn't on. I really can't stand her presenting style.

It's funny though because I do actually quite like most of the presenters. Derek Marks is brilliant. He's always very funny and entertaining. Gemma Hadley is fun although she seems too talented to be on there. Andrea Showers has quite a good voice, as does Anoushka Williams. Cris St Valery is an interesting character. I used to find Stacey Ellis annoying but she's grown on me. The other night they had some Essex girl type presenting. I couldn't decide whether I like her or not! She was a bit like a Sam Fox type of figure from the 80s lol! Her voice was a bit jarring but she seemed fun.

I honestly don't know how the presenters keep a straight face, given some of the tat they have to sell! It's the management I don't really like. The whole channel is weird! I really don't get the whole "falling prices" thing. If they are concerned about falling prices why don't they drop to zero and GIVE the stuff away?! I really don't get how they allegedly decrease the price when they have more people bidding. Generally in business, the higher the demand, the higher the price. I contacted TJC via webchat and they kept saying "we are a falling price channel." It seems the word "why" doesn't figure in their vocabulary! Almost everything in life has a reason and I don't doubt that TJC's selling policy has some rationale / logic behind it. Maybe some people are really fooled by the inflated starting prices. Like that ring they they are selling for £19.99 was really worth £5000! If you look in their T&Cs it says the starting prices are "randomly generated" and "no indication of value or worth." Really?! That's their official statement but in reality they DO want us to believe it's a true value! And if those prices truly are "randomly generated," WHY are they always SO much higher than the final price? Why don't we ever see a starting price of one penny more? Doesn't seem that random to me!

On one review site they have numerous negative reviews detailing shockingly low quality and poor customer service.

Imagine if TJC branched out into bakery. There would be old Amit clutching a loaf....

Amit: Today.... Derrrrrrrrrrrrrick I have a spishillll dilllll. This loaf. Very good price. You will not believe.
Presenter: Oh yes Amit! And it's got 9 different types of seed in it.
Amit (ignoring presenter) We grrrrrrew this grrrrrrrains in our spishilllllll field in Jaipur. They were harvested by our own employees, and. Because we are paying them only 3 rupees a month, we can bring the spishillllllll dilllll!
(Slightly mysterious music - price comes up on screen (£4000) BUY NOW!
Amit: Now this loaf....is rillllll brrrrrrrrrread.
Presenter: And it's really tasty isn't it? How do we ensure it's tasty?
Amit: This rilllly is a verrrrrrrrrrrrry good prrrrice!
(20 mintues of the same, taking off bits from the price)
Presenter: 1 bidder holding. 2 bidders holding. Only 3 left. 3 bidders holding! GO!
(Price drops to 69p - on comes the pumping music) Dada dada dada dada, dada dada dada dada, dada dada dada dada, DEda deda dadada, bash! bash! bash! bash!
(Then the music changes to a slighly more mysterious tune, as if to create a suspenseful atmosphere)
Da, dada, da-deh! Da, dada, da-deh!Da, dada, da-deh!Da, dada, da-deh!Da, dada, da-deh!Da, dada, da-deh!Da, dada, da-deh!Da, dada, da-deh!Da, dada, da-deh!
Presenter. Right we're moving on now. You can find that one on the missed it line!

All I can say is watch out for a VERY interesting article coming out in a national newspaper over the next 6 weeks!

Last edited:
Yes, I do feel quite strongly about TJC. I still watch it, largely for entertainment value, provided Chloe Marshall isn't on. I really can't stand her presenting style.

It's funny though because I do actually quite like most of the presenters. Derek Marks is brilliant. He's always very funny and entertaining. Gemma Hadley is fun although she seems too talented to be on there. Andrea Showers has quite a good voice, as does Anoushka Williams. Cris St Valery is an interesting character. I used to find Stacey Ellis annoying but she's grown on me. The other night they had some Essex girl type presenting. I couldn't decide whether I like her or not! She was a bit like a Sam Fox type of figure from the 80s lol! Her voice was a bit jarring but she seemed fun.

I honestly don't know how the presenters keep a straight face, given some of the tat they have to sell! It's the management I don't really like. The whole channel is weird! I really don't get the whole "falling prices" thing. If they are concerned about falling prices why don't they drop to zero and GIVE the stuff away?! I really don't get how they allegedly decrease the price when they have more people bidding. Generally in business, the higher the demand, the higher the price. I contacted TJC via webchat and they kept saying "we are a falling price channel." It seems the word "why" doesn't figure in their vocabulary! Almost everything in life has a reason and I don't doubt that TJC's selling policy has some rationale / logic behind it. Maybe some people are really fooled by the inflated starting prices. Like that ring they they are selling for £19.99 was really worth £5000! If you look in their T&Cs it says the starting prices are "randomly generated" and "no indication of value or worth." Really?! That's their official statement but in reality they DO want us to believe it's a true value! And if those prices truly are "randomly generated," WHY are they always SO much higher than the final price? Why don't we ever see a starting price of one penny more? Doesn't seem that random to me!

On one review site they have numerous negative reviews detailing shockingly low quality and poor customer service.

Imagine if TJC branched out into bakery. There would be old Amit clutching a loaf....

Amit: Today.... Derrrrrrrrrrrrrick I have a spishillll dilllll. This loaf. Very good price. You will not believe.
Presenter: Oh yes Amit! And it's got 9 different types of seed in it.
Amit (ignoring presenter) We grrrrrrew this grrrrrrrains in our spishilllllll field in Jaipur. They were harvested by our own employees, and. Because we are paying them only 3 rupees a month, we can bring the spishillllllll dilllll!
(Slightly mysterious music - price comes up on screen (£4000) BUY NOW!
Amit: Now this loaf....is rillllll brrrrrrrrrread.
Presenter: And it's really tasty isn't it? How do we ensure it's tasty?
Amit: This rilllly is a verrrrrrrrrrrrry good prrrrice!
(20 mintues of the same, taking off bits from the price)
Presenter: 1 bidder holding. 2 bidders holding. Only 3 left. 3 bidders holding! GO!
(Price drops to 69p - on comes the pumping music) Dada dada dada dada, dada dada dada dada, dada dada dada dada, DEda deda dadada, bash! bash! bash! bash!
(Then the music changes to a slighly more mysterious tune, as if to create a suspenseful atmosphere)
Da, dada, da-deh! Da, dada, da-deh!Da, dada, da-deh!Da, dada, da-deh!Da, dada, da-deh!Da, dada, da-deh!Da, dada, da-deh!Da, dada, da-deh!Da, dada, da-deh!
Presenter. Right we're moving on now. You can find that one on the missed it line!

All I can say is watch out for a VERY interesting article coming out in a national newspaper over the next 6 weeks!

A very good description of TJC current format.HILARIOUS and why I also like watching it ,in disbelief sometimes.Why they continue to have Amit on screen is a mystery.And as for Colin......

I enjoy watching Chloe Marshall for the sheer audacity of her sales pitches but sometimes so bad I have to switch off....

:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:@Julius!! :mysmilie_12: Fecking brilliant impersonation of the slimy Amit!! :mysmilie_17: I could just hear him spouting all that bollox ably assisted by Bull***t Marshall who's putting on her worried/quizzical/astounded face (take your pick) as the price plunges from £2000 down to £10.99. Mind you the plunge HAS taken 20 minutes and we're all losing the will to live but what the hell we're all getting an 'Amit's Spishilllllll Dilllll' arent we??!! :mysmilie_59:

(Which paper Juluis? Please drop me a pm if you can't divulge on here. Mtia xx)

Latest posts

Back