The QVC/TKMaxx thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MinxyKitten

Registered Shopper
I know lots of you shop in TK Maxx and seem to come up with some fab finds! I thought it would be useful to have a dedicated thread to share our finds :mysmilie_59:

I very rarely go into TKM, once a year if that. However, in light of reading all your posts, I decided to pop in today.

I was amazed at all the Q stock, and others, there! I bought 2 x Ultrasun Face tinted - which I buy anyway at roughly £20, for £7 each!! I also had an OPI Muppets set for £9.99 (2 full sizes) I stopped here, but I could have gone on! Oh I lie, I picked up a candle near the till as it was called Sugar Plum, and that's what we call my little sister, so it'll make a lush gift! I don't know the brand. Is there a candle section? I only ventured to the bags/purses/accessories and beauty stuff. The clothes section scares me :mysmilie_51:

They had the Ciate advent calendars for £19, lots of OPI sets (mini's mainly), some Nails Inc special effects, although they looked used and mangled! I saw lots of other decent brands, and they have some fab xmas gift sets. I'm sure the other Q stock that I saw will come back to me in time.

Why is our TKMaxx so rubbish? I have checked a few times when people have mentioned things on here and have never found anything. I'm sure we have all the cr*p that other TKMaxx stores reject!

Last edited:
Lots of QVC stuff in our today. Mostly Nails Inc and Ciate. I was nearly duped into buying a Beauticology Gingerbread set, it looked so much like Philosophy.

Why is our TKMaxx so rubbish? I have checked a few times when people have mentioned things on here and have never found anything. I'm sure we have all the cr*p that other TKMaxx stores reject!

Well Nicnac, we must get your leftovers as I never see anything even remotely worth buying. The stock is pretty bashed around. A few years ago I did buy a nice bag (not a designer one) but nothing since.

However I did do a flower arrange course and everything was big (not really my style) so I looked in TKM for big glass platters etc and they were much much cheaper than anything in a florist suppliers. IKEA was also good for this type of thing.

Well our TK in Putney only sells clothes and toiletries. It was only when I went in the shop in Kingston that I discovered TK sells home products as well! I was amazed.

My local TK Maxx is very small and only opened a few months ago. Sometimes they have some decent stuff on sale, sometimes not, it seems to be luck of the draw. There`s a much bigger branch about half an hour away which seems to sell far more. I`ve had a few bargains but also a few let downs.

Coughs loudly, we have some Burberry make up in ours.

Nails Inc is always there.
Leighton Denny as well
OPI
Ciate

L'Artisan Parfumeur for £19.99 Nuit de Tuberose,Drole de Roses and Bara something.

Philosophy shower creams

Peckinsniffs is always there.

Astralift, which appeared on QVC to be fanfare and disappeared.

Penhaligons handwashes and hand lotions.

Lots of QVC stuff in our today. Mostly Nails Inc and Ciate. I was nearly duped into buying a Beauticology Gingerbread set, it looked so much like Philosophy.

I picked that up! They had that and another, which was shaped like a house. I also saw individual Philosophy shower gels in boxes, I think they were £9.99.

ETS: £7.99

http://www.tkmaxx.com/body+bath/rasberry-glazed-shampoo-shower-gel+bubble-bath/invt/42012057

http://www.tkmaxx.com/body+bath/spiced-gingerbread-cookie-shower-gel-480ml-/invt/16092754

I have found some fab philosophy style shower gels that are also really bubbly in the bath. They're called Treacle Moon and they sell them in Tesco and Waitrose (that's where I have seen them so far) The shower gels were on offer in Tesco recently for £1.99. I also picked up their handwashes today in Waitrose. They're cruelty free too.

http://www.treaclemoon.net/

Oh yeah, and LDenny and lots and lots of Pecksniffs - are they on QVC? I thought I was getting them confused with Penhaligans.

I may pop back in tomorrow as I have to pick up cat litter (oh the glamour) and Pets@Home is right next door. It would be a shame not to! Although, I only have three prezzies to buy then I am done for chrimbo :mysmilie_8:

ETS: even the beauty stuff drives me a little mad as it's all over the place. I found the Philosophy stuff with the battered Nails Inc on a random stand. I miss so much in shops like this as my head can't cope with the clutter!

Theres never much at ours , however a second store has opened so im hoping for some bargains from there , I did once get a Yankee Candle Medium Jar for £7.99 which i was very happy about .

They do a lovely almond shower gel and hand wash. The name begins with a M and it's in a brown bottle. It is Devine. I love my shower gels and must have a years worth plus stocked up

I've spotted leighton denny, nails inc, opi, emu, ultrasun, kipling, peckinsniff, elemis, strivectin, rodial, bare minerals, percy and reed, Ciate.

Thing is, the kipling bags include the ones designed for qvc like the sky blue monkey mania and in the tag in the bag they say qvc.

Spotted opi nordic minis, muppets duo, Mariah minis, Brazil minis and coca cola duo for £9.99 each! Kipking bags range from £24.99 to £39.99. I got the nariko kipking bag that was the TSV previously in monkey mania sky blue for £24.99! The emu boots are £79.99 for the high ones and £59.99 for the stinger lo old style but they also had second chance ones which were samples like the ones qvc demonstrate with for £29.99. Lots of leighton denny gift bags that have been in previous tsv's and they've also used some of the bags to mix and match their own polish collections for £29.99 for the big sets and £9.99 for the duos. Got the Ciate advent calendars too for £19.99. Didn't look at the price of the Elemis, bare minerals or anything. I keep hoping for the day I see WEN in there seeing it seems to be all ex qvc stuff.

They have lots on their website too. I don't go in TK Maxx alot,....... really :mysmilie_50: I do like a bargain!

There were loads of bearpaw boots in my local last year. The usual nail varnishes from LD, Nails Inc. I've had a couple of Kipling handbags for £30 each. One a leather one and a canvas one. Noticed that the canvas one has a fabric defect though, which I didn't notice when I bought it. Also bought a nice day rucksack.

parks candles which are the lux end of candle lines. vegetable wax and fantastic blends of essential oils. tk max are selling some of thier black lable lines for £9.99 from £36. so if you are fed up with yankee tunnels lack of fragance and parrafin wax then try these out

I`ve had some lovely leather bags from TKM and I`ve had their Osprey purses too. The last time I was in my local branch they had Osprey leather cosmetic bags in bright colours and boxed. Lovely gifts and I think they were around £12.99. a good price for real leather.

Talking of purses they have some beautiful leather Dents gift boxes with a purse and a luggage tag. I can see me becoming quite addicted to this place!

I just smelt the Parks Black Magic candle and I totally agree with you Boffy, it's beautiful!! I bought two Spiced Cider candles though as am in festive mood, but if it's there after xmas I will definitely buy it.

There was such a large selection there, all good fragrances and all sorts of prices. I think I am over Yankee to be honest. I was, rather naively, of the opinion that no other scented candle measured up to YC. I could kick myself for this as I hate being manipulated by advertising and public opinion! I will definitely be shopping in TK Maxx, Waitrose and anywhere else that has good products for my scented candles in future.

Latest posts

Back