The QVC/TKMaxx thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Does anyone know if you buy from the website are the goods in any better condition than in store as I'm not convinced that the customers aren't the biggest problem the way they pull and haul the stock and kick it around the floor (not the lovely folk on here of course)

Does anyone know if you buy from the website are the goods in any better condition than in store as I'm not convinced that the customers aren't the biggest problem the way they pull and haul the stock and kick it around the floor (not the lovely folk on here of course)

I think this is the reason why I haven't yet purchased from the dot com - also afraid that items will be severely bashed.

The other day whilst in the store (I swear I'm not OCD) in the clearance cosmetic section (which is a nightmare regarding hygiene) I managed to pair every box with every loose product... I admit however I was looking for the box of an eyeshadow I wanted to buy, but just ended up stock taking the shelf, and TKMaxx owes me 30mins wage :mysmilie_13:

anather three candles to add to my haul. one is festive fudge by prices will let you know later how it burns. i only paid £1.99 in a small tin. i managed to get a christmas candle in a red jar. because it had no box i got it for £8. its called parks winter wonders cinnamon and clove. its quite sweet/fruity/fresh with a subtle cinnamon/clove. thats just sniffing it i know it will be better smelling burning.

my fav newbie is in a white box parks aromatherapy range. cognac,bergamont,orange flower and amber. smells lovely and powdery and warm. this will be devine. lovely for the bedroom. you only need to burn them for an hour or so as the perfume lingers so you will get many burn hours

the prices festive fudge smells really strong in the tin but takes a while for the scent to throw. this i suspect is because its a parrafin wax which is more solid than a natural/soy wax. but its really lovely when it burns very sweet and realistic fudge smell.

I've bought from the website and it was in good condition, nothing wrong with it :) packaged well too.

I've bought from the website and it was in good condition, nothing wrong with it :) packaged well too.

That's good to know, thanks.

Well, I think I am developing an unhealthy obsession with the store!! If there is nothing on OPI at 3 that tickles my fancy I am going back tomorrow to pick up a 2 piece Muppet set that I fancied at £9.99. I may also try some of the Nails Inc special effects. I will, of course, go and have a sniff at the Bahoma and Parks candles that have been mentioned, and I'll try and resist buying as have bought 4 in a manner of days! Or, if I do give in, will make sure it's not a festive one!

I also saw Joseph Joseph and Jamie Oliver kitchen products. Hubby had requested a JJ meat carving board that he fancied on his (annual), shopping trip to John Lewis. I have already bought it but it was £12.99 in TKMaxx. Think I paid £20 for it. So, I may have a gander at the other kitchen stuff to see what I can pick up. I'm doing great (on both our behalfs) considering we said no presents this year, we'll have the holiday instead!! Can't keep a good girl down ;-)

I`ve ordered from their website ( a leather bag) and the item arrived undamaged and well packaged.

Not QVC but TK Maxx/Yankee alternatives!

Just bought the most amazing candle. It's from a company called DW Homes, and it's Peppermint Stick. The best bit - it smells like After Eights!! I used to burn YC Jack Frost in the kitchen to cover Christmas food smells, but I will be using this one this year. £5.99. Comes in the best packaging with a chalk board lid and a piece of chalk! I will take a photo later and post. They also did the same fragrance in 3 large votives in a box for £6.99 and a Spiced Cake version, but I wasn't keen on that. Am returning for more After Eights wax tomorrow so will update if they do any more fragrances. I get mesmerised on the candle aisle!

Little bit annoying, but I have found two great brands there now that are not on their website or anywhere on t'internet. The other is Arden Essentials. I will just have to keep an eye out in store and grab them when I can. It's a good excuse for visiting regularly, that and the loyalty card that enters you into a prize draw for every swipe! I smelt the Festive Fudge by Parks too. Not my cup of tea but a good fragrance.

Addicted? Moi?! :mysmilie_50: New best shop!!!

This would make a fab gift!

ForumRunner_20141105_203301.jpg

ForumRunner_20141105_203311.jpg

MK how much was the candle in the photo? :mysmilie_7::song::song::song: (sung to the tune of How much is that doggy in the window?) :song::song::song:

You're right it does look like a nice gift...I might have to nip into TK in the next day or so :mysmilie_59:

I love TKMaxx, it's a bit hit and miss for stock instore, especially the clothes - so I always look online before popping in, but they usually have lots of my favourite Q brands - I've bought Kipling, Leyton Denny, Decleor, OPI and Yankee Candles there.
You get free delivery if you order more than £50, and returns to store are free - and my order always arrives within a couple of days. I did have one disappointment when an American exclusive Yankee candle had got smashed in transit (it was packed in a box within the parcel, so it had been properly bumped somewhere!), because there wasn't another in store to replace it..... but apart from that - I'd always recommend their website.
Happy bargain hunting everyone! :clapping:

MK how much was the candle in the photo? :mysmilie_7::song::song::song: (sung to the tune of How much is that doggy in the window?) :song::song::song:

You're right it does look like a nice gift...I might have to nip into TK in the next day or so :mysmilie_59:

He he!! Thanks for that lovely song :mysmilie_59:

It was £5.99. The 3 votives in a bigger box (but the same design) is £6.99. I am going to grab a few I think. The smell is divine!!

just as an update, I ordered a pair of Emu Jolie slippers and a Kipling Alvar bag for £30 each from TKMaxx yesterday, with free delivery, and have been notified that they're being delivered to me tomorrow! Happy me! lol

I have had a change of heart on this, having seen the colours on a YouTube video. For a xmas item, the colours are very summery. This year's colours are more varied, with more darker shades.

I am sure this is the one in store:

Review: NEW Ciaté Mini Mani Month Advent Calender…: http://youtu.be/CvrUN7ozsy4

just as an update, I ordered a pair of Emu Jolie slippers and a Kipling Alvar bag for £30 each from TKMaxx yesterday, with free delivery, and have been notified that they're being delivered to me tomorrow! Happy me! lol

Wow, well done!! I did a quick search for the slippers earlier and there are none on there. You must have been quick off the mark and got lucky ;-)

I am going to the one in the city centre tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see if they have more of the Q brands than my local one.

I went into Southampton TK Maxx moaning they never have anything I want and found the Ciate 2013 advent calendar £19.99 and also 2 others which I bought and a mix and match set in drawers.......which I am sure my DD's would have loved a few years ago.

They had lots of nice things and well packaged and not tatty......couldn't believe it.

Forgot to look at candles though......doh!!

I just picked up the Ciate calendar too! (Not for me) They had two different types which was good. The candles were slim pickings today. There are some amazing gifts there. A few different beauty and nail advent calendars and, most appealing, a foreign brand chocolate/marzipan mini bar one!!

I got a leather Dents travel organiser for £19.99. They also had passport covers and a luggage tag for £12.99. They have the cutest Osprey cross body bags in bright colours for £19.99. These are all quality brands and lovely leather. I spent ages in there today! I picked up Kiehls shaving cream for Mr MK too at £7.99. Happy with my haul today!!

I went into Southampton TK Maxx moaning they never have anything I want...../QUOTE]

That's my local store too Sally, and it's definitely improved in the last year or so, always packed with lots of quality goodies in great condition - and always plenty of QVC brands too.
Maybe, as it's raining, I should pop in today.... pray for my credit card!! lol

Latest posts

Back