Beauty Bash January 2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
Just had a letter inviting me to the BB in the New Year on the morning of Tuesday 20th January! Woo Hoo! :mysmilie_14::mysmilie_8::mysmilie_12:

I often get invited which is stupid as I dont buy any beauty (count on 1 hand in all the years I have been buying) and from my address it is obvious it would be impractical for me to go.

Stupid when other customers would love to go and never get invited.

I'd be happy to see them holding other events around the country. I lived in Lancashire til my 30s and in terms of London-based media the North felt invisible! I've got friends here on the South coast who think Haywards Heath is "The Norf"!

It amazes me how far people do travel to the BB, I spoke to a couple who'd traveled down from Scotland the night before, staying 2 nights in a hotel! BB is good, but it's not THAT good. As it starts at 09:30 I won't get a cheap rail ticket but it's a jolly day out and the goody bag contents probably cover the day return fare from Sussex.

Congrats on the invite Akimbo.

Great idea which of course QVC will not do, hold a few around the UK.

I am in Belfast as far too expensive to go if invited. I have been invited to a fashion one strange as I never buy it.

Mr Akimbo is less impressed because it tells hime I'm still buying too much beauty stuff (in his eyes) from Q! But he's just ordered the Wen TSV for me on auto delivery so he might get an invite too LOL!

Well done for getting the invite to the BB, never had one myself, as the saying goes "What you've never had, you never miss", whoever said that wants...not that I'm jealous or anything :envy:

Only joking, good luck to all that receives one and good for Mr A buying you the Wen on AD, it's nice when the guys do little things like that out of the blue, he definitely needs a pat on the back.

BTW, tried my LG AD and you were right about the blusher, less is more and the lippy is gorge too, but toned it down a bit with a topping of Gale Hayman's Pink Champagne for day time :mysmilie_59:

I've never had an invite, but I did win two tickets last year. I would love to go again, I thought it was brilliant. A whole day isn't too much for me either, lol!

I got a letter with an invite too! An invite to stop sending so much back! ;D

Well done for getting the invite to the BB, never had one myself, as the saying goes "What you've never had, you never miss", whoever said that wants...not that I'm jealous or anything :envy:

Only joking, good luck to all that receives one and good for Mr A buying you the Wen on AD, it's nice when the guys do little things like that out of the blue, he definitely needs a pat on the back.

BTW, tried my LG AD and you were right about the blusher, less is more and the lippy is gorge too, but toned it down a bit with a topping of Gale Hayman's Pink Champagne for day time :mysmilie_59:

lol Mr A give in to a certain amount of unsubtle hinting last night! Plus, he's always desperate for ideas of what to get me for Christmas because he says I already have everything (slight exaggeration).

I'm still unsure about the LG set...still I suppose I've got until Jan 25th to send it back...technically..it was a present for ME!

Well I must be the only one who is not interested one bit in going to a beauty day organised by Q,even though the majority of my purchases are beauty.
Lynn

Well I must be the only one who is not interested one bit in going to a beauty day organised by Q,even though the majority of my purchases are beauty.
Lynn

Well if I get an invite Lynn (very unlikely though), you can be my guest. You can even keep the goody bag (except for Liz Earle, Decleor, Prai, Gatineau, Rodial, Elemis, Judith Williams, L'Occitane, Molton Brown, SBC, ABC, Philosophy, Ultra Sun, Josie Moran, James Read, Gale Hayman & UTan).

Okay, okay, so I'm leaving you with Lulu, but that's okay isn't it????????
(You can keep the make-up if that makes it better).

I think we might need to link this thread with this recent thread so that anyone going to one of the BBs next year can pick up hints on identifying fellow forumites: http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?47421-meet-me-under-the-station-clock-at-7-30

Lynn & Mr Marple what is it about the BB that you wouldn't enjoy? I'd say I'm not a joiner inner myself but I'm interested in the products so it's interesting to talk to the reps for the brands, more so the smaller brands as Elemis, Decleor and Gatineau always have a throng of devotees massaging the egos of Keeley, Fi and Baggers. Andrew Baggleys "Ladies" are scarily zealous!

It's a nice big venue and you just mooch around at your own pace, free coffee and snacks. If the travel time and costs aren't prohibitive I'd recommend it.

DD there are a few hubbies at these events but I'd say it's more fun with a like-minded beauty addict. I took my daughter last year (then 17) and she was in her element as she's now training in film make up. But don't let it put you off, if he gets really bored you can leave him in the cafe area (upstairs) with a danish pastry and a newspaper.

Well if I get an invite Lynn (very unlikely though), you can be my guest. You can even keep the goody bag (except for Liz Earle, Decleor, Prai, Gatineau, Rodial, Elemis, Judith Williams, L'Occitane, Molton Brown, SBC, ABC, Philosophy, Ultra Sun, Josie Moran, James Read, Gale Hayman & UTan).

Okay, okay, so I'm leaving you with Lulu, but that's okay isn't it????????
(You can keep the make-up if that makes it better).
Thanks Mr M,it will be Sod's law that I get an invite now,so do you want to be my guest,I could do with a good laugh.
Lynn

Thanks Mr M,it will be Sod's law that I get an invite now,so do you want to be my guest,I could do with a good laugh.
Lynn

Ha Ha, go on then. Why not?
Runs to check Virgin Trains website for prices from Cumbria to London. I'm guessing it isn't gonna be cheap!

Actually, not as bad as I thought.
£60.00 return Standard, or £130.00 return first class.

Runs to check Virgin Trains website for prices from Cumbria to London. I'm guessing it isn't gonna be cheap!

Has to be first class,let's travel in style.
Lynn

Has to be first class,let's travel in style.
Lynn

Errrmm, slight mistake. Those prices are each way, not return!
That's my Christmas bonus gone then. LOL

Latest posts

Back