Loads of Rockstv items forsale on ebay.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why be shocked? - I am one of the sellers though not the two you mention and have no shame as Steve himself has no compunction in urging us to do it. That's how Ebay works you buy cheap and sell higher (hopefully). Rocks is a business as was Gems in Steve's day and I can't see why you feel this is somehow surprising? :33:

ps I use me own pics

Mr Jones, I didn't say there was anything wrong with selling Rocks jewellery on ebay, goodluck to you i hope you and all the other sellers make a nice little profit. The shocked and surprised comment was aimed at one particular seller, i hope i haven't offended you or any others sellers if i have please accept my apology because that was not my intention.

Again, my backside is situated firmly on the fence here. I don't have a problem with people selling their rocks purchases on eBay. What anyone does with them after they are all fairly paid for is up to them. However, I've not been in this position myself but if I had been bidding for an item against someone and lost, and then that item turned up on eBay from the same person I wouldn't be able to help myself in feeling a bit miffed. Fair enough if the buy turned out to be a geniune error of judgement but to buy purely to resell, it just leaves a bit of a sour taste. Sorry MrJones if I've offended you, or anyone else for that matter, it's just my opinion. But that's why I'm not a businesswoman :p

Again, my backside is situated firmly on the fence here. I don't have a problem with people selling their rocks purchases on Ebay. What anyone does with them after they are all fairly paid for is up to them. However, I've not been in this position myself but if I had been bidding for an item against someone and lost, and then that item turned up on eBay from the same person I wouldn't be able to help myself in feeling a bit miffed. Fair enough if the buy turned out to be a geniune error of judgement but to buy purely to resell, it just leaves a bit of a sour taste. Sorry MrJones if I've offended you, or anyone else for that matter, it's just my opinion. But that's why I'm not a businesswoman :p

Not offended just a tad feeling got at - after all no one buying, paying for and selling has done anything wrong but it's an auction site, nothing underhand has taken place and the unlucky bidder hasn't lost anything as like buses the items come along in threes eventually. As it happens I bought cufflinks then realised I would never wear them, a money clip I wouldn't use and a lady's ring when I thought it was a gent's. Many folk on ST sell on their goods bought on line - indeed they use ST Buy and Sell for that purpose.

I think as well that Rocks would have shut up shop long ere since had not some serial bidders kept the site alive until it made more contacts. The "professional" bidders also won't bid more than they have to if they hope to sell on for a profit so all in all the buy and sell doesn't bother me as bargains are still there to be had.

Sour taste or sour grapes? No one feels good being outbid but that's life. Whatever, I really can't really see why it's any of our business what other folk buy stuff for in a air auction if they play fair. Despite the "Club" feeling the site has - it's a business at the end of the day and all's fair in business. That applies to Rocks and their customers. Rant over. :1:

Awww MrJones, I wasn't "getting at" you at all. Just explaining how I would feel if I had been outbid by someone with the soul intentions of selling something on. It's not sour grapes on my parts because this hasn't happened to me.

I suppose all's fair in love and bling buying, I just think it's a shame that it's not Rocks themselves who are making the profit the professional buyers/sellers are, out of the items.

:doggie:

Even naughtier .......... oursarah666

"This ring has been valued at £xx"

By whom? Mmmmm interesting. If she's using the start prices as valuations then quite clearly she's incorrect.

sounds like they are making false claims, you can report the item/listing to ebay if you feel they are doing that. very naughty if they are.

i thought there was some fuss about sacol a bit back on here, but they cleared it up by saying they were not buying to sell? maybe i got muddled, i read threads from lots of channels so can get muddled!

which ladies ring was it that you bought in error Mr J?

Same as the men's' style. - teach me to read the thing right. :33:

img_2300.jpg

I did that too Mr Jones - in the speed hour. Garnet ring same/similar style to your one - but on arrival it only fits my pinky cos it's an N and unfortunaley it's a bit chunky for little finger. Still at £6 I'll just keep it - not worth the P&P to return it lol

i suppose that is business to buy cheap and sell on but ive just had a quick look and am a bit dissappointed that there are a couple of rings that i bid on and was beaten, i would have cherished these items but to think they have gone straight onto ebay is sad

Latest posts

Back