City Link Gone Under

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes the courier service City Link have gone into liquidation.

Not sure if Gems still use them? When I ordered back in the day that was the one who delivered

Gems use DPD for the express delivery and RM for standard.

I feel so sorry for the employees. If they had been told a few weeks before Xmas they may have spent less money on presents. I once was made redundant on 6th Dec and felt that at least I knew not to spend too much. I was lucky and was back in employment by 14 Jan. job only lasted a few months as was not suitable but it wasn't long before I found something else

I feel so sorry for the employees. If they had been told a few weeks before Xmas they may have spent less money on presents. I once was made redundant on 6th Dec and felt that at least I knew not to spend too much. I was lucky and was back in employment by 14 Jan. job only lasted a few months as was not suitable but it wasn't long before I found something else

Maybe the administrators will find a buyer for the business. Lets hope so ,the delivery business seems to be still growing.

A CL driver was interviewed on the news last night saying he and other drivers have not been paid this month, and they believe they will not now get paid for December's work. Absolutely awful for them and their families. Let's hope they can quickly find work with other companies.

According to my BF who works for another delivery firm the "word" has been out about CL folding for months now and the only surprise is that they lasted as long as they did.
As everyone says what a time to let people know they have lost their jobs. I can only hope that the other delivery firms out there can give at least some of the drivers jobs as the parcels are still going to need delivering by someone!!

According to what I am reading no one is interested in buying them.

Not sure how many of the workers are classed as contractors of City Link, but they only get 45-50p per parcel delivered!!!!!

Someone on another board made a comment about Hermes following them!!!

It is a cut throat world out there in parcel delivery land.
I had no idea just how bad it is until my BF started working for one of them. He works in quality control/ driver compliance.
The company he works for have already put in place systems to interview those drivers made redundant by CL and he says that they should be able to give contracts (99% of drivers are what's known as owner drivers and are self employed but contracted to one delivery company) to a number of them if they apply.
Lets just hope that CL going under isn't the start of the decline in the parcel delivery service as if there are only 2 or 3 BIG providers left prices will go up which is bad news for anyone who shops with any of the shopping channels. Or just shops online with the likes of Amazon.

Latest posts

Back