Cut n boss price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mak

Registered Shopper
Amazon US currently $211.44/ £139.33

C & C currently $349.01 / £229.99

I have used XE currency converter

I was interested in buying one but I feel that it is just a rip off , so much for the C&C buying power. I will be buying the Teresa Collins model as I am not going to be paying for C & C / Crafters Companion CHA stands/holiday.

Disappointed but not surprised

Only European stock ! Funny how it was available to order from many suppliers before Xmas!

Remember the C&C has extra dies with it and you need to add VAT to your US price to make a fair comparison. Still cheaper though but the UK is an expensive place compared to the US.

Be careful where you buy it from - check what you are expected to do with the machine if it breaks down under warranty. I'm sure I read on Craft Telly forum that you can return a machine bought from Crafters' Companion to them. But if it wasn't bought from Crafters' then you are expected to pay to send it to Craftwell - which is in America. I'll pop over to Craft Telly and see if I can find the thread.

Be careful where you buy it from - check what you are expected to do with the machine if it breaks down under warranty. I'm sure I read on Craft Telly forum that you can return a machine bought from Crafters' Companion to them. But if it wasn't bought from Crafters' then you are expected to pay to send it to Craftwell - which is in America. I'll pop over to Craft Telly and see if I can find the thread.

You definitely will have to return it to the US. When you buy a product in the UK the contract is with the shop to sort out any problems so a US bought machine would need to be sent back to the US - which would work out very expensive.

I've managed to find the thread on CT the following is taken from a member's post:

'....if you are thinking of buying one you should ask a few questions of the supplier regarding repair if your machine goes wrong and needs repairing, I asked Craftwell this question and they told me that the options I had were to send the machine back to them in the U.S.A or Crafters Companion who are their agents in the U.K but they told me that Crafters Companion may refuse if I had not purchased the machine from them so you have a choice of paying the high price from Crafters Companion or paying £40-£60 pounds cheaper and taking a chance on getting it repaired, so if you buy it from another retailer make sure you get 100% assurance that they can get it repaired if it goes wrong and you do not end up with a machine that is no good to you.....'

I can't vouch for whether it is true or not but it would be worth you asking questions to be on the safe side.

I've managed to find the thread on CT the following is taken from a member's post:

'....if you are thinking of buying one you should ask a few questions of the supplier regarding repair if your machine goes wrong and needs repairing, I asked Craftwell this question and they told me that the options I had were to send the machine back to them in the U.S.A or Crafters Companion who are their agents in the U.K but they told me that Crafters Companion may refuse if I had not purchased the machine from them so you have a choice of paying the high price from Crafters Companion or paying £40-£60 pounds cheaper and taking a chance on getting it repaired, so if you buy it from another retailer make sure you get 100% assurance that they can get it repaired if it goes wrong and you do not end up with a machine that is no good to you.....'

I can't vouch for whether it is true or not but it would be worth you asking questions to be on the safe side.

It's true. Crafters Companion won't be interested as they won't have got any money for your machine sale so you would need to send it back to the USA to get it fixed if it was faulty.

Latest posts

Back