New Style Rocks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have been trying that this evening, and I can't find the pieces fast enough! I am too old for this!

Quick way to do it ..........

As soon as the piece comes up (if you're interested in it), go to the CR catalogue and then just press on the colour of the gemstone (top left ish). That brings up a list and it's easy to select from there. You can keep an eye on the auction because it still shows top right of the screen. The ruby necklace for example that was just on is in CR for £60.80 and sold for £45.

I did that last night. I saw a pair of earrings I liked on CR and requested them having first worked out the price minus 5%. The catalogue price is £27 and I got them for £17 so was quite happy with the price I paid in auction!

Were those the Swiss blue octagon cut ones perdita? I was sorely tempted!

I feel sorry for her too, but at least she can pull items now instead of having to sell at a loss.
But not selling isn't good either of course.

Only wasn't pleased when she pulled a bracelet I requested fairly quickly.
I noticed it too late as I didn't know when it would be on and the previous auction was still on my screen.
So I was frantically F5-ing and when I could finally click 'buy' it had been pulled
12.gif

Rubbish!

It has been absolutely dire tonight. I hate the new system. So many auctions pulled. They are expecting people to pay much higher prices than before, but no-one actually has that kind of money. (Recession anyone??) The RRPs are pure fantasy! I managed to get a nice little Emerald pendant for my mum at a reasonable price, but haven't the patience to wade through all the new glitches in the system to try and add to my order, the time lag is really irritating, the chat isn't even working properly, ( I thought these problems had been sorted weeks ago - what was the point of all that beta testing?) and the pace is just not exciting me any more..
Sorry Rocks, things need to change sharpish, otherwise I won't be tuning in for much longer, and I suspect customers are departing in droves as I type.

It's the first time I've been on in a while - trying not to spend and the only way is to avoid it - and can't say I'm impressed. No chat at all for a while, and everything so slow that even pressing F5 didn't fix, and it's like watching paint dry with the amount of stuff being pulled.

I feel very sorry for them because it's not a good time - jewellery is the first thing I've had to stop buying - and I can't see how things are going to improve for a while.

As soon as the piece comes up (if you're interested in it), go to the CR catalogue and then just press on the colour of the gemstone (top left ish). That brings up a list and it's easy to select from there. You can keep an eye on the auction because it still shows top right of the screen. The ruby necklace for example that was just on is in CR for £60.80 and sold for £45.

wish i'd known this I bought a pair of earings at the same price as the catalogue but i could have had 5% off my own fault never mind :17:

It has been absolutely dire tonight. I hate the new system. So many auctions pulled. They are expecting people to pay much higher prices than before, but no-one actually has that kind of money. (Recession anyone??) The RRPs are pure fantasy! I managed to get a nice little Emerald pendant for my mum at a reasonable price, but haven't the patience to wade through all the new glitches in the system to try and add to my order, the time lag is really irritating, the chat isn't even working properly, ( I thought these problems had been sorted weeks ago - what was the point of all that beta testing?) and the pace is just not exciting me any more..
Sorry Rocks, things need to change sharpish, otherwise I won't be tuning in for much longer, and I suspect customers are departing in droves as I type.

Exactly, Pick-a-Lily! The RRPs are just like the start prices on Gems tv - nobody believes them! (Or they shouldn't if they've got any sense.) TBH the Guide Prices on the auctions were unrealistic too. I'd like to know also, why the CR prices appear to be "reduced" - this was always the case anyway - one unrealistically high price, crossed out with "Today..." underneath. It isn't just "Today" though is it...Are we to believe we're really getting a bargain when the price is "dropped"? On Gems tv, after you've watched for a while, you know what price most items will drop to - and so do the presenters - yet you're expected to believe them when they look so shocked at how low they're going. It's now the same on Rocks - and they just pull the item if it doesn't sell at the price they fully intended it to drop to in the first place.

People are saying they're still getting bargains - in that case, if Rocks were selling at a loss before, they must still be doing so, so why change the format?

I for one agree with all your other comments too Pick-a-Lily. It's not a question of resistance to change - Rocks was a change from the usual and we loved it - if there's a change for the better, it's fine - but this isn't...

"You decide the price" was the most innovative marketing slogan I've heard in a long time - the Going Going! Gone! of a real auction was exciting - the pulsating pink Winning! boxes gave you a rush of adrenaline which is highly addictive - all combined to make a compulsive spending environment - I can only afford silver and low-end items, but I spent far more than I normally would - I certainly won't be doing so now... And we now have no control - the presenters do.

I introduced two other people to Rocks, one of whom has spent loads (the black and white diamond bracelet and the blue diamond necklace a few weeks ago, as well as other high-end items and lots of smaller stuff) but they have said they won't be back, for the same reasons. Why change a brilliant format and lose good customers?

I really don't like this new format at all. It' not an auction anymore, they are just selling stuff at their pre-decided price, they drop the price to what they want and if there is'nt enough interest they just pull the item and very quickly sometimes, I wanted a bracelet last night but by the time my stream was is sync with that item, it was pulled as I tried to buy, very annoying. And not being able to see the details of an items before they are put up for sale is not going to work for many people who buy top end things, many of the rings don't tell you what size they can re-size to, if you don't want to listen to the jargon, which does get on my nerves sometimes and I turn the sound off, they might have told us but it is better put on the screen. I think lots of buyers are now going to walk, I really don't know why the change was necessary, I think they are losing a lot more money now as many items are being pulled due to lack of interest.

I really don't like this new format at all. It' not an auction anymore, they are just selling stuff at their pre-decided price, they drop the price to what they want and if there is'nt enough interest they just pull the item and very quickly sometimes, I wanted a bracelet last night but by the time my stream was is sync with that item, it was pulled as I tried to buy, very annoying. And not being able to see the details of an items before they are put up for sale is not going to work for many people who buy top end things, many of the rings don't tell you what size they can re-size to, if you don't want to listen to the jargon, which does get on my nerves sometimes and I turn the sound off, they might have told us but it is better put on the screen. I think lots of buyers are now going to walk, I really don't know why the change was necessary, I think they are losing a lot more money now as many items are being pulled due to lack of interest.

There were many technical problems last night which made it frustrating I know.

With regards to the information of the items and resizing information being shown on screen......this is something that Rocks are aware of and are working with the technical team to ensure that they are shown when an Item is auctioned.

With the merging of the two sites and the influx of new products and change of format it is probably to be expected that things aren't working as seamlessly as would be liked.

However,I have very faith in Steve and his team to get the things sorted as soon as is possible.:1:

I don't know why they changed the style of this, the only 2 things I like about the new system is that everyone now pays the same price for the same item and that you cannot start to bid on the item to early, which I found pushed up the price of an item.

Latest posts

Back