Sewing bee is back next week

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We appear to be the only two people to be interested Lati ( sorry to shorten it, I'm a slow typer) I watched all of the last series and really enjoyed it, it even made me dust off my sewing machine and start a little dressmaking again ! I used to make all my own clothes years ago because I am only 4ft 11 tall,narrow shoulders, short arms and legs so finding clothes to fit is a bit of a nightmare. I can remember buying material off my local market at 18 and making a new dress to go out in for the next weekend. Later I made my wedding and bridesmaids dresses but as the years went by it became increasingly difficult to buy fabric as local shops closed that I used. I hope the show re-ignites interest and their are a few shops start to stock fabric again. Do you do any sewing yourself Lati?
It's interesting that a few more men are on the show this year and the military chap seems quite talented... I look forward to watching the next show on Thursday.

I just love it and it makes me yearn to be able to produce something lovely, however I dabbled a bit years ago but I'm more one of those people who know the theory but not quite that great in practice.

The same with knitting, can do all the fancy stitches but fall down when it comes to facings, lifting necks etc so all the lovely work is ruined and ends up looking like the dogs dinner.

I agree that it's great that they have bloke blokes, I liked the policeman (on crutches) last year. Wonder how non arty type men get into it?

Mind you the raw materials are expensive and something like a basic scarf can end up costing 60 quid!

Did you see that they are starting a painting thingy along the same lines as SB and Bake off - now there's another thing I!m great at in theory!!

Final next week - who do you think will win?

Ps I'm not sure why Matt is still in as I don't think his offerings have been anything to write home about, I thought young Ryan had more potential.

Sewing Bee

Final next week - who do you think will win?

Ps I'm not sure why Matt is still in as I don't think his offerings have been anything to write home about, I thought young Ryan had more potential.
I have a different opinion about who I think should win and who is more likely to be the winner. Going by the last series when I felt Chinelo deserved to win because she made her own patterns and seemed much more creative with her designs rather than the lady who won ( can't remember her name ) who showed that she could sew neat but quite uninspired garments.
So I think Neil should win the competition but they will probably choose the more mature grey haired lady for roughly the same reasons...but hope that won't happen. Who do you think will win Lati?
Oh and I forgot to say that I agree with your opinion about Ryan and Matt.

Last edited:
Well, well, well.

What on earth happened to Neil? If I didn't know better I would say he threw the match so to speak!

Didn't enjoy the final at all and felt that Lorna would have been more deserving than Matt.

Well, well, well.

What on earth happened to Neil? If I didn't know better I would say he threw the match so to speak!

Didn't enjoy the final at all and felt that Lorna would have been more deserving than Matt.

My thoughts exactly,
Why oh why would you produce such a weird garment, that would have seen him voted off in the first week if he had produced it then, in the final if you wanted to win?
We (my DD and me ) felt that maybe winning a sewing show wouldn't have gone down to well with his "masters" in the Army!
But why Matt won is beyond me, but then I watched Great British Bake Off and couldn't work out why the winner won that.
Finals like this make me wonder why I bothered watching the whole series and if it comes round for another series I don't think I will bother watching.

Generally hate reality shows. But love Strictly, bake off and sewing bee so will tune in again next year.

I thought Neil seemed to be a great one for "supporting my men" so wondered if he felt if he won it would have seemed like a pointless excerise since he was the favourite from day one.

Latest posts

Back