The Jewellery Channel - Faulty website so discount valueless!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone, I'm a new poster on here, although I've been reading the forum for a while and love the witty comments - what a quick-witted lot you are!

Just wanted to warn everyone about an experience I've recently had with TJC. I had a 20% off discount voucher from them, still in date and perfectly valid. I logged online and purchased an item, entered my discount voucher code (it didn't reject or flag up any "invalid" messages), clicked 'Apply'....and it simply gave me an Order placed message. I then got a confirming e-mail, which made it plain that the discount had NOT been applied! I e-mailed TJC straight away, within minutes (after 1 day still no reply). E-mailed them again (no reply). Today, I get an e-mail to say item despatched (and showing full amount - no discount taken off). E-mailed yet again, to complain - reply received says "sorry, we cannot apply the discount after the order is received". Pointed out for the 9th million time that THEIR website is at fault, not me.

Be warned - luckily mine was only an order for a smallish amount, but it's the principle (not that I think they have any principles - or customer service savvy, either, as I've bought items from them in the past, and they obviously don't care about that). My advice is: if you've got a discount voucher, make a phone call to order, don't use their website..

Hello new poster and welcome to the site.Cant offer much advice about the web site ,I haven't used any of their special offers or vouchers .IF you think you have been prevented from participating in their special offer then you should make a complaint higher up the chain .Keep posting........

Hi everyone I too have been reading but not posting for some time now. Thank you I have a voucher as well to use so I will watch how I order. Thank you for the info.
I love TJC I have only ordered the cheap silver so far around the £10 mark and not plated and have been very pleased with everything, after all it is the same price as costume jewellery! I usually look out for the free P&P nights as well which tend to be on the odd Friday. I have smokey quartz, blue topaz and green topaz sets which are a fraction of QVC prices. They tend to be the plainer designs but I am in love with simple square or oblong settings at the moment. The Bali silver pieces are also good. I have some lovely quite large silver hoops which were only £3.99 in the sale. I scour the website for the bargains. Have not had to deal with customer services yet so cannot comment on that aspect.

Hi and welcome .Glad to hear you purchase some good deals from TJC.Sounds like there are still good deals to be had especially with silver. I miss the artisan silver/gemstones they used to do.

Latest posts

Back