General discussions about ideal world

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

General discussions about ideal world no trolling.

What exactly do you mean 'no trolling'? Do you mean you only want positive comments about this shopping channel? To be honest l can' t think of anything. Ideal World is boring, repetitive and not worth viewing these days. They bring the same old tat out for the 'Pick of the day'. How many times to we need to see a flaming Halogen Oven? Utter rubbish!

here's general feedback that cannot be considered trolling as i'm not setting out to be intentionally argumentative and/or to cause distress to forum members (to me that's trolling) i'm simply giving some bullet-pointed feedback on my perception of IW these days, some already touched on by whitesnake:

- same products day in day out.
- presenters acting 'amazed' at said products although seen 100 times before ('what, you can go on the internet with it?!?' ... 'what, you can do chips AND veg in it?!?')
- misleading sales pitches.
- prices that are often anything but bargains and sometimes not even all that competitive.
- poor product comparisons e.g. the old mattress, the old frying pan, the old vacuum cleaner that's probably had its filters taped over, the very small section of uncovered sprung mattress not giving a true reflection of how a whole sprung mattress will act, the old blender that's probably had its blades filed down, the old ladder you wouldn't sent your worst enemy up in, showing how 'good' things look when power-washed (when still wet almost everything looks great) but not showing what it looks like once dried i.e. much less impressive. i could go on ...
- increasingly annoying presenters.
- slowly becoming bid tv mk2 ... maybe not a bad thing from an entertainment perspective mind you!
- on the plus side, jemma forte is easy on the eye :)

as i touched on above, for those of us who get some sort of perverted pleasure out of watching these channels whether for minutes or more, IW is evidently still doing something right as we continue to post, however it's not for the reasons a shopping channel would want, and that tells you something.

Exactly what l think Cheeky Chappie! Every time l turn the channel on l feel I am suffering from deja vu! They seriously need to get some new interesting products on rather than the rubbish offerings at the moment! However to be positive l would say there fashions are OK! They have had some Italian fashion tops on 'Sugar Crisp ' l think that have been lovely. I have been tempted!

Adam82 Is this what you mean by trolling?

Adam82
Adam82 is offline Happy Shopper

Post Thanks / Like

Ideal world sod off with your vibrapower on yet AGAIN! Can't you sell anything else? They must have some contract with them to have it one at least on twice a week. And you say we run out of stock or have limited stock is pure nonsense. No more it's party season let people have fun and stop selling fitness products during this party season.

I have said halogen from Ideal world. It is really good. Also have a couple of pairs of furry boots that I wear as slippers. I like watching the karcher washer demos over and over again!

I watched a Moisonite show yesterday .Its been on IW for years and I still haven't worked out exactly what it is.It is pretty expensive for a man made CZ type stone.Has anyone ever purchased it ?

I watched a Moisonite show yesterday .Its been on IW for years and I still haven't worked out exactly what it is.It is pretty expensive for a man made CZ type stone.Has anyone ever purchased it ?

I flicked over and saw this show and this thread came to mind! Here we go again with the SME old thing l thought. I don't really know what this stone is except that it is man made and very pricey! The rings always look lovely but it's a lot to fork out for a diamond lookalike.

They tell you it is much BETTER than a real diamond for sparkle, Clarity, colour etc, it's onlt disadvantage is that is not QUITE as hard

Moissanite was introduced to the jewelry market in 1998.[15] It is regarded as a diamond alternative, with some optical properties exceeding those of diamond. Its lower price, and less exploitative mining practices necessary to obtain it, makes it a popular alternative to diamonds. Due in part to the similar thermal conductivity of moissanite and diamond, it is a popular target for scams; however, higher electrical conductivity and birefringence of moissanite may alert a buyer to fraud. In addition, thermoluminescence is exhibited in moissanite, such that heating it gradually will cause it to change color starting at around 150 degrees Fahrenheit. This color change can be diagnostic for distinguishing diamond and moissanite, although birefringence and electrical conductivity differential are more practical diagnostic differentiators.[16] On the Mohs scale it is a 9.5, with a diamond being a 10.[3] Moissanite is stronger than sapphire or ruby. In many developed countries, the use of moissanite in jewelry has been patented; these patents expire in 2015 for the US, and 2016 in other countries.[17][18][19] Moissanite gemstones are sometimes marketed under the trademark Berzelian, a reference to the work of Berzelius on SiC.

I cannot stand the dodgy (in my opinion) product demonstrations.

the one that stands out most to me is the drill bit demo. When they compare it to other drill bits. as the ''guest expert's'' idea of 5 seconds seems to differ depending on whether he is using the generic one or the ideal world drill bit. Also the obvious difference in pressure on the drill against the saw/grinder.

On a lighter note.... Thomas kincade is on tonight. Hello peter simon orgasmic trances.

I used to watch IW when it was more like a professional shopping channel and I used to buy a lot even with your India based call centre, it didn't bother me because I very rarely had to ring up and let's face it, QVCs phone calls aren't free, they're added in to the price of the goods that's why they're the dearest place to shop, no the reason, or rather two reaons, why I wont shop with IW are Mike Mason and Peter Simon. They've trurned your nice respected shopping channel in to nothing but a joke, a farce. Now you're starting promotions just like Bid Tv did, if you're wanting to take their place, remember they've gone bust for a reason. I wont buy till the fore said clowns are off your channel, out of your pick of unemployed presenters, you picked those two, oh well you obviously thought, wrongly, that they were popular...........or want to go bust, not long now and your wish will be granted.

Last edited:
Also if you're going to try and pass recorded shows of as live, the least you can do is make sure the lips are in sync, just watched a minte of Midday Madness with Howard what's his face and the tape didn't match his speech, it didnt say recorded on screen so you're trying to deceive customers and we all know were shopping channels who do that end up, on the receivership scrap heap, along with Bid TV and the rest.

Do they have some sort of contract with the Woodland Leather company? That Parka's been on telly more times than Moira C!

Do they have some sort of contract with the Woodland Leather company? That Parka's been on telly more times than Moira C!

Do ladies still wear leather jackets? I had one in the mid 1980s not long after I started work. I remember it cost £150 in Marks and Spencer and I saved up for it! I had it for years but I wouldn't wear one now.

Latest posts

Back