Anyone fancy the new Poldark?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to love the 'old' Poldark and have the series on DVD. Loved Robin Ellis. It will be interesting to see what this version is like - I believe Robin Ellis has a part in it as well. He must be in his 70's now I would think. I have mixed feelings about new versions of shows that I loved - it will have to be good to live up to the old one for me.

From what clips I've seen it looks a bit too much smouldering looks and pouts for me.

I just loved Angharad Rees- now there was a lady who knew how to look and dress - such a pity she died so young.

I was shocked when I heard the news that Angharad Rees had died - far too young. I loved her in Poldark - to me she will always be Demelza, and Robin Ellis, Poldark. It will be interesting to see what the new show is like - have set my PVR in readiness. I haven't seen any clips yet, but I hope it is better than smouldering looks and pouting!

I am quite look forward to spotting where it has been filmed in Cornwall. I know they used Charlestown for some scenes, but they also filmed at Gunwalloe Church Cove, which is one of my favourite places that we visit when in Cornwall. A nice beach with a church (hence the name), right next to it.

Well perhaps I shall watch with an open mind (see how I'm sacrificing myself in the interests of this forum):mysmilie_50:

Living just 10 minutes from Charlestown I will be watching just to see if there is anyone I know wandering around in the background as lots of locals were used as extras.
If it anything like the the last "big T.V production" made in Cornwall then it might leave something to be desired.

I know in the original books Demelza was only 13 when she moved in with Ross as a maid. TV had to make her older of course.

Seems Aiden has said they all make sure they speak clearly after Jamaica Inn.

I know in the original books Demelza was only 13 when she moved in with Ross as a maid. TV had to make her older of course.

Seems Aiden has said they all make sure they speak clearly after Jamaica Inn.

Thank goodness for that - it was a bit of a struggle watching Jamaica Inn. Looking forward to this.

There was a HUGH ho har over the sound quality and belevability of the accents on Jamaica Inn and there are there are all ready rumblings of discontent over Poldark just from the trailers alone.
Lets hope it lives up to all of the expectations that are building up over it, as the original was a true classic.

It's on Sunday evening at 9.00pm on BBC1 I'm really looking forward to it. I loved the old series.

Latest posts

Back