DF putting her foot down

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last post was in response to Turandot and it made several comments which I thought people might take up. I assure all that I am not a wind up merchant
Oxymoron or troll?

And the last word is from ....

:wait:

Not funny, and not helpful Thatu. Having a different opinion on a thread full of baying Debbie Flint haters does not make me a troll.

Hello Toril, I swore not to come on here again...but I wanted to send you my very best wishes for your knee replacement. I had mine done 6 months ago. A couple of points.... do keep up with the exercises, I did but know of someone who did not and their knee never healed properly. Secondly, I would advise you to stay away from the Bodyblade for several more weeks. I investigated how the muscles are activated, and in a standing position you will be probably activating the thigh muscles, which end in the knee. Up to you, but I wasn't going to risk vibrating my replacement dozens of times a minute! I worked out it was probably all right to do it sitting down so the contractions don't travel down that far. My suggestion, since there was not any advice on QVC the last time I looked, is that you only use the Bodyblade sitting down, you can get a good arm workout, but do not use it in a standing position for some weeks yet.

Thank you so much for your reply and for your good wishes.

Don't worry ............... I won't be getting the Bodyblade out for a very long time. The last thing I want to do is to scupper my recovery and the exercises the physios have given me are taking up enough time, without thinking about any other exercise regime. I am averaging 200 of the 300 exercises a day, which I hope is enough. The pain is worse today but it's mainly muscular rather than centred round the replacement and I'm getting the odd nerve 'twang' which suggests that internal healing has started. I had phenomenal swelling when I came out of hospital, which made the exercises even more difficult to do, but that has started to subside which makes life a little easier. The main reason I'm not doing the full 300 yet is that it's clear that my right leg/knee is under pressure and the last thing I want to do is to strain my good knee because, at the moment, I wouldn't want another operation of this kind. However, when I'm leaping around like a gymnast in the ensuing months I may feel differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back