DF putting her foot down

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's there for a purpose, which is to sell whatever, however, and this she does very well, well enough to have convinced the powers that be that she needs them to endorse her blog. And trust me, love her or loathe her, she will go on and on - until there's a slip-up at some point. The sad thing is when someone starts believing their own hype and takes more gullible people along with them.

I can't watch too much of her and she's my least favourite presenter. The constant hard sell and self-promotion kills it for me.

I cant stand her!!! The replies to her "Announcement" on BTY are a joke, No wonder DF is so up herself , with deluded fans like that.

How do you find her group?

Oh, wasn't it called "Choc lit" or something? Personally I feel her "literature" (and I use the term generously) more closely resembles a different brown substance! Who knows, it might even get reviewed in a red-t.... oops I can't say that! LOL! Does anyone remember that "Debbie Flint The Novelist" thread that was going for a while?! That was fun! I must admit I liked reading her trashy novels, if nothing other than to take the piss out of them. She ain't no Virginia Woolf!

Oh, wasn't it called "Choc lit" or something? Personally I feel her "literature" (and I use the term generously) more closely resembles a different brown substance! Who knows, it might even get reviewed in a red-t.... oops I can't say that! LOL! Does anyone remember that "Debbie Flint The Novelist" thread that was going for a while?! That was fun! I must admit I liked reading her trashy novels, if nothing other than to take the piss out of them. She ain't no Virginia Woolf!

maybe wolf ...

If she was 30 years younger and applied to get on TOWIE she would be rejected for being too common.
Now the one that makes me think of TOWIE is Jill Franks! But I agree with all the comments on DBF. Ghastly woman. I usually end up shouting at the screen when I watch her, which is only if she is on YC or a beauty TSV. Anything else I would switch off rather than watch her. Even on YC the other day she managed a reference to her ****** novels and FB pages completely out of the blue, no relevance to the conversation she had been having a second beforehand!

Same for me. As if she's trying to develop of Cult of Personality around her. The more she blathers on about 'getting involved' with her on Twitter and Facebook the more she becomes The Debbie Flint Universe.

The people she's blocked for that revolting crime called "disliking her books' can't get involved or ask guests questions which may be something they desperatly needed to know, so DF is segragating these people and they're missing out on QVC because of her, that should be looked in to.

I would like to express my condolences for those dear departed souls who've tried to express an opinion and been censored off planet Debbie's World. May they rest in peace and rise in glory on the other side, namely here.
Amen.
:mysmilie_50:

Seems like Facebook causes problems for quite a lot of people generally,its always at the centre of the Jeremy Kyle arguments.(not that I watch it much of course!)

I don't do Facebook although I've been encouraged to many times.Someone I used to work with had so many Facebook friends she couldn't cope with them and often complained that she had to add people to her friends list even though she didnt want to.

Sounds like DF is enjoying being at the centre of it all good or bad she doesnt care,it must make her feel very powerful......

Someone needs to tell Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Will Smith to leave Scientology, as Back To You and QVC Queens are really the cults which will really help their careers.:mysmilie_13:

Now about perhaps 10 years ago, no idea why but perhaps I was talking about QVC????? Anyway the person I was chatting with mentioned DF and some dodgy scandal they had read in the papers. It was after IW, I know she got the boot pretty quickly from there, and was doing another tv shopping channel show which folded. Not sure it was about there or not? And they never really went into detail(no doubt I wasn't that interested at the time), but it would be interesting to see if anything was on line???? Oh and what it was all about. Person and I have no contact now so cannot ask what it was all about or if they would even remember it?

She's there for a purpose, which is to sell whatever, however, and this she does very well, well enough to have convinced the powers that be that she needs them to endorse her blog. And trust me, love her or loathe her, she will go on and on - until there's a slip-up at some point. The sad thing is when someone starts believing their own hype and takes more gullible people along with them.

I can't watch too much of her and she's my least favourite presenter. The constant hard sell and self-promotion kills it for me.

I thought she had slipped up though, with the auction debacle? Q didn't give a monkeys did they?

Someone needs to tell Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Will Smith to leave Scientology, as Back To You and QVC Queens are really the cults which will really help their careers.:mysmilie_13:

Now about perhaps 10 years ago, no idea why but perhaps I was talking about QVC????? Anyway the person I was chatting with mentioned DF and some dodgy scandal they had read in the papers. It was after IW, I know she got the boot pretty quickly from there, and was doing another tv shopping channel show which folded. Not sure it was about there or not? And they never really went into detail(no doubt I wasn't that interested at the time), but it would be interesting to see if anything was on line???? Oh and what it was all about. Person and I have no contact now so cannot ask what it was all about or if they would even remember it?

When DF and Paul Lavers left QVC and joined IW they thought they were going to run the show, ( imo the both thought they were big cheese and could walk on water) but they got short shift and both were very soon gone. If I remember right some time later Debbie got in trouble....something about some bottled water she was pushing. She is one pushy lady and I wouldn't want anything to do with her set up....

All this begs the question..... HOW is she getting away with it ??? Perhaps those she is answerable to are much younger and she brow beats them into submission.

All the presenters appear to be obsessed with the Twitter and Facebook brigade, but I suppose these are just instructions from their line manager; however its a clear indication they are assuming their entire audience are up to speed and au faix with social media. But I bet a good percentage of their target audience aint ! I'm thinking of those ladies they are expecting to buy the Antttony jacket and cami atrocities !

I agree Brissles, not everyone is on facebook and twitter. It's effectively sidelining those who are not.
I've sometimes wondered why her husband left her, personal I know, but you can't help but wonder. I watched the last half hour of the Alpha H show last night, but only because I like Tom and Michelle on with it. DF said she would have been married 30 years yesterday, if her husband hadn't escaped, which sort of confirms that he left her and not the other way round.
She certainly has delusions of her own self importance, that's for sure.

When DF and Paul Lavers left QVC and joined IW they thought they were going to run the show, ( imo the both thought they were big cheese and could walk on water) but they got short shift and both were very soon gone. If I remember right some time later Debbie got in trouble....something about some bottled water she was pushing. She is one pushy lady and I wouldn't want anything to do with her set up....

Paul Lavers was fantastic, though. My favourite presenter of all time. He was very much a loose cannon. I remember once he was selling a ring and he said it was definitely a piece for the ladies, although a homosexual man might like it! Highly inapprpriate, of course but it did make me laugh! I also loved the "lesbians" incident on Friendly TV. Paul Lavers and Debbie Flint were funny together when they used to present at Midnight and she would get the giggles.

Loved Paul Lavers!

I remember the time when Paul and Tim Goodwin did a New Years Eve TSV presentation for a TV. I think there had been a
party of some sort and the evening programs had been presented in the reception area (well somewhere other than the studio
anyway).
A couple of mins into the start Paul drops the remote and as he bends to pick it up, he knocks into the TV and
is clearly heard saying sh*t! Both men, obviously having had too much juice, burst out laughing. Paul was kneeling on the floor with his head in his hands laughing hysterically! Picture cuts to TSV video.
When it goes back to Paul the 2 of them are still laughing, and when Tim later drops the remote another sh*t is heard and the screen
cuts to upcoming item videos.
The videos lasted for ages and the 2 men were still laughing when the camera returned to them.
Funniest TSV i remember seeing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back