DF putting her foot down

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
She churns out "novels" as often as I write shopping lists.............and they're just as interesting.

Loved Paul Lavers!

I remember the time when Paul and Tim Goodwin did a New Years Eve TSV presentation for a TV. I think there had been a
party of some sort and the evening programs had been presented in the reception area (well somewhere other than the studio
anyway).
A couple of mins into the start Paul drops the remote and as he bends to pick it up, he knocks into the TV and
is clearly heard saying sh*t! Both men, obviously having had too much juice, burst out laughing. Paul was kneeling on the floor with his head in his hands laughing hysterically! Picture cuts to TSV video.
When it goes back to Paul the 2 of them are still laughing, and when Tim later drops the remote another sh*t is heard and the screen
cuts to upcoming item videos.
The videos lasted for ages and the 2 men were still laughing when the camera returned to them.
Funniest TSV i remember seeing!

They sound like REAL men ! can you IMAGINE Charlie saying sh.t ? erm , No. To me, he portrays himself as whiter than white (never tasted alcohol, ok nothing wrong with that, doesn't watch footy and prefers tennis, ok nothing wrong with that either; but still..... why does he gives me the impression that he would imagine sex being 'messy'), and laughs nervously at anything risqué especially at his attempt at 'flirting'.

She's having afternoon tea with her Best friend Sharon Harvey on the Thames let's hope they don't fall in.

I agree Brissles, not everyone is on facebook and twitter. It's effectively sidelining those who are not.
I've sometimes wondered why her husband left her, personal I know, but you can't help but wonder. I watched the last half hour of the Alpha H show last night, but only because I like Tom and Michelle on with it. DF said she would have been married 30 years yesterday, if her husband hadn't escaped, which sort of confirms that he left her and not the other way round.
She certainly has delusions of her own self importance, that's for sure.

I heard this and, imo, Debs was making a joke at her own expense.

Apparently she is describing her next novel as Fifty Shades of Hot.

Fifty shades of sh*t more like. I can't stand this utter amazement and wonderment DF spouts out of her mouth about everything - wow ladies you can get two for SIXTY POUNDS and that's only THIRTY POUNDS with the easy pay to get it home today - wow wow wow. Aren't you sooo CLEVER if you get one. Er no. I'm so thick if I fall for your rollocks sales pitch my dear. Turn off most times she's on I'm afraid.

CC

If I were to shop according the rule of Flint...I'd have to rename my house "The Ark" because she seems to think we want or need two of everything...even two pairs of the same shoes, with her advice to get a basic colour for work and then be bold for the weekend and buy beige ha!!!

They sound like REAL men ! can you IMAGINE Charlie saying sh.t ? erm , No. To me, he portrays himself as whiter than white (never tasted alcohol, ok nothing wrong with that, doesn't watch footy and prefers tennis, ok nothing wrong with that either; but still..... why does he gives me the impression that he would imagine sex being 'messy'), and laughs nervously at anything risqué especially at his attempt at 'flirting'.

Charlie is very effete. I imagine he's quite a princess at home.

Quite apart from all her other issues and annoyances, I find her intonation/spoken style beyond annoying. She seems to have got worse recently and says everything is a sort of patronising surprised voice 'WOW this is SUCH an amazing buy!" "This is THE Clarks!"
And even worse, she has an upwards inflection at the end of every sentence as if she cannot believe how ridiculous amazing something is 'This is £39.99???' Etc. ARGHHH!

Quite apart from all her other issues and annoyances, I find her intonation/spoken style beyond annoying. She seems to have got worse recently and says everything is a sort of patronising surprised voice 'WOW this is SUCH an amazing buy!" "This is THE Clarks!"
And even worse, she has an upwards inflection at the end of every sentence as if she cannot believe how ridiculous amazing something is 'This is £39.99???' Etc. ARGHHH!

I noted about a year ago that she seemed to take on this breathy sort of voice - I think she must have been practicing for role playing in her bodice ripping novels.

I noted about a year ago that she seemed to take on this breathy sort of voice - I think she must have been practicing for role playing in her bodice ripping novels.

Yikes, who would fancy ripping the bodice off Ms Flint I wonder? As for the raunchy novels - a bit like that programme I saw with the phone chat girls eating pizza and breastfeeding their babies while giving the spiel to the punter on the other end of the line. Meanwhile the cash is dropping into the coffers second by second. If anyone's silly enough to pay the money . . . . . . . . .

This topic is only two days old with over 5,000 views but only just over 50 replies. What does that say? Loads of people are interested but not many people want to post an opinion. That also begs a question! Maybe they don't like the topic but dare not say so! I have read Ms Flint's 'announcement' on this resented group page and can see nothing wrong with it. I've been a member of enough fora to know that they have been spoilt by people who care nothing for the rules by posting nasty messages. It is refreshing to see a group which has rules and implements them. I have read at least one thing this morning where someone said that an Antthony item was creased when she received it, so I'm not sure that everything is removed. I may be totally wrong but it seems to me that if you hate someone then you will always find something to get at them about. If Julia Roberts formed a group would she be despised? Dislike Ms Flint as much as you like but anyone can join her group if they wish and, according to the legend, avail themselves of freebies, preferential treatment etc. but if you hate Mr Flint and can't be doing with her group, then let them get on with it.

She seems like a different woman since she embraced social media though.

Always saw her as a relentless saleswoman (and I respect that about her) but seems to have morphed into a cult of personality.

Look through many of the threads on ST and you`ll see lots of them with many views but not many replies. Not everybody who looks at the site is a member so are unable to post. Much the same as not everybody who views Flinty`s Back to You page is a member so unable to post.
As for Flinty, well if you stick yourself on the telly and brag/talk about your books and invite people to join your fb groups , tweet you, text you and so on, then by the law of averages some people are going to disagree with you or dislike you. It comes with the territory of attention seeking. Thankfully this forum allows mixed views on sibjects and doesn`t try to sugar coat life, unlike some other groups I could mention.

In my experience fora need parameters otherwise it can become a free for all, with nasty posts which brings a forum down. The gist of the thread is that Ms Flint was putting her foot down but the rules of her group are clear and she has reiterated those rules for everybody's information. What is wrong with that? It seems it is simply because it is her that said it. It's not about sugar coating, because the post I referred to in which a customer says that an Antthony top arrived creased is still there. There is also a post there from someone who is sending Liz Earle stuff back because she has said her face is red. It's clear that some people hate Ms Flint and that shapes their comments but her group has rules and that's is fair enough isn't it? Debbie Flint doesn't bother me and neither does her group but what does bother me is this world is full of nastiness without adding to it because it's just a shopping channel and an inconsequential Facebook group which anyone can take or leave.

I prefer to be in groups that allow you to have an opinion and not be in some kind of Fantasy land where everything is a bed of roses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back