Does anyone still watch rocks and co ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone still watch rocks and co ?

Does anyone still watch rocks and co tv ? I turned it off ages ago, load of boring screaming nobody's and poor quantity too 1 piece of jewellery and it's the sample no other channel does this. Hopefully the channel end up like Bidtv extinct.

Likes nannieA liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    No I'm addicted to gems TV auction rooms. Good quality bargains. Problem is I keep buying!!

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha! You must be joking. Most of us stopped watching when they switched from falling auctions. I had a few nice things from them, back in the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Only when John Scott is on which is not very often.Hes funny and gossipy which is the only reason ,I don't watch for the jewellery.
    Likes Adam82, Graham , reanebeanie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
    Only when John Scott is on which is not very often.Hes funny and gossipy which is the only reason ,I don't watch for the jewellery.
    I am the same as you Turandot, if John Scott isn't on, I switch off. He is the only good thing on this channel IMHO.
    Thanks Turandot thanked for this post
    Likes Graham liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Rocks have had so many changes of presenter, format, studio background (current one resembles a public loo) - all a bad sign, methinks. I finished with them when I returned a piece of jewellery where the gemstone was clearly chipped and scratched (Quality Control?) and they took over a month (nearly 2) to refund my money. Bad sign - cash flow problems? I told them what I thought of them in no uncertain terms and told them I would never purchase from them again - they still kept sending me advertising e-mails until I wrote a strong e mail and told them to take my name off their mailing list, as I would never order from them. They then wrote to me, giving a 25 credit!! And the credit is still sitting on my account, because I refuse to buy from them. I think they are a shambles, very amateur and low-division, and treat customers with contempt. They used to have some interesting gem-hunters making guest appearances (Gavin Lindsell and the Diniz brothers, for example, who were very informative and good to listen to) but these guys seem to no longer have any connection to Rocks - it's Debby Cavill ....and Debby Cavill (also her son & daughter are involved, quelle surprise!!). Flicking around the other day, I did catch a male guest talking about the sourcing of gems, and he had all the charisma of a toilet brush.

To be honest, I cannot understand how John Scott stays with them - I flick around the channels but cannot stay even to laugh at the Rocks presenters - the programmes are so boring, no presenter exhibits much in the way of in-depth knowledge about the gem sources/gem history (although I notice John Scott has "AJP GIA" after his name on screen)! They seem to have a poor track record of dealing with customer complaints and how the heck did Hannah Clemmow (ex-Gems) end up there? Alan Miller (ex-Gems) was a presenter at Rocks til about 1 year or so ago - and Mark Rigby had been with them for quite some time as a presenter and he disappeared, too. I'd love to know if Hannah Clemmow jumped or was she pushed from Gems? I always thought her presenting style was very didactic, quite aggressive when she was on Gems, rather snooty. Rocks seem to only have the shouty (usually blonde) females, who babble a lot at high decibel levels in cheese-grater voices (yes, Vicky, that could mean you!) and whose knowledge seems woefully inadequate about what they are actually selling. The day that Vicky told us she also worked as a singer, I laughed until I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam82 View Post
    Does anyone still watch rocks and co tv ? I turned it off ages ago, load of boring screaming nobody's and poor quantity too 1 piece of jewellery and it's the sample no other channel does this. Hopefully the channel end up like Bidtv extinct.
    Likes Adam82, nannieA, Inspiration, reanebeanie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well said History Mystery,
    I have stopped for a few years now. Even John has changed his attitude. All the presenters appear to be desperate for sales and Cherri is the biggest turn off ever. She should never ever be on the screen trying to sell.
    The so called experts are no where near as good as the Diniz Brothers and simply lack the knowledge and experience. Keran if my memory serves me right was just a camera man. The amount of returns that they try to sell midweek is unreal. How can you make a ring size M3/4. This shows bad quality control.
    Rant over.
    Likes Adam82, nannieA, reanebeanie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone tell me if Vicki Gordon is on helium? I was watching the other day and her voice went off the scale - it was quite remarkable and not to mention terrifying. What a ghastly woman. On another occasion I was watching Hannah (no idea of surname) and was almost sent into a stupor by her boring, know-it-all style of presentation. What's happened to Alex (can't remember her surname either) and will Jerrilee be back on air? By the way, I know you're all thinking what a sad old bag but my excuse is that I am recovering from pneumonia and spend quite a lot of my time channel hopping. It seems to be either the shopping channels or Food Network as my ability to concentrate is rather diminished just now.

Post Thanks / Like

countrymaid, sorry to hear you've been so unwell - wishing you much better soonest. Vicky Gordon is dire - I wonder if she's related to someone at Rocks or knows something, because for a presenter her voice is dreadful - and she (apparently) doubles in her 'other life' as a singer!!! She never loses an opportunity to tell you so, either. All I can say is they must use her to clear the concert hall at the end of the evening, she's got a voice like a squeaky door with a decibel level off the scale. Awful woman, and never displays any real knowledge of what she's flogging (like most of them on this channel).

I flick over to Rocks occasionally, but only to see what they are flogging, after bad experience with them I'd never buy from them again, even though they tried to entice me back with 'gift' of a 25 credit. Overpriced tat, IMHO, having seen it for myself. Quite how Hannah Clemmow (formerly long-serving presenter at Gems TV) ended up at Rocks - well! Who knows whether it was jump before pushed? Rocks presenters 'disappear' at the rate of knots - Alan J. Miller (formerly Gems presenter also) disappeared over a year ago, and Mark Rigby, who'd been at Rocks in one role or another for quite a while, also disappeared. Becky Blease seems to have gone the same way. The shouty blondes remain - and of course the boss, Debby Cavill's daughter remains!!! The last I heard about Jerrylee was that she'd gone on maternity leave (I couldn't stand her shouty, dictatorial attitude, either, which alternated with silly giggling and unfunny comments).

I laughed at your description of Hannah - you've got her to a T - boring monotone, dictatorial, talks to the viewer as though they are primary kids. She was just like that on Gems, which I watch quite a bit, so I was pleased when she left. How long she will survive at Rocks is another matter! John Scott seems to be hanging in there as the only male presenter.

QUOTE=countrymaid;797048]Can someone tell me if Vicki Gordon is on helium? I was watching the other day and her voice went off the scale - it was quite remarkable and not to mention terrifying. What a ghastly woman. On another occasion I was watching Hannah (no idea of surname) and was almost sent into a stupor by her boring, know-it-all style of presentation. What's happened to Alex (can't remember her surname either) and will Jerrilee be back on air? By the way, I know you're all thinking what a sad old bag but my excuse is that I am recovering from pneumonia and spend quite a lot of my time channel hopping. It seems to be either the shopping channels or Food Network as my ability to concentrate is rather diminished just now.[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Thank you for your kind wishes historymystery. More than anything, I'm bored sitting around.
    I think all the presenters are awful. There seems to have been many changes. Although I didn't particularly warm to the Diniz brothers, I find Don Kogan positively frightening. He's like some big bully, shouting his instructions to buy, buy, buy. Debbie Cavill referring to her daughter as "Pie" is ridiculous. What is she, six? Grow up the pair of you. One thing that made me switch off instantly was watching the dreadful Vicki sneeze into her hand whilst wearing a ring. She then announced that this was the actual ring you would receive! Oh no. I don't think so love. Gross!
    Last edited by countrymaid; 16-05-2015 at 11:42 AM.