Does anyone still watch rocks and co ? - Page 2




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    countrymaid, Loved your post! The way you described Vicki sneezing into her hand while wearing the actual ring being sent to the customer was priceless (unlike the ring, which was devalued considerably!!), and was typical of her crass behaviour at times - she just doesn't think about what she's doing or saying. Your description of Debbie calling her daughter by a nickname as though she was 6 also made me laugh - I've seen them on together, and if patronising the public was an Olympic sport they could represent the UK. You have summed it up so well - and like you I find Don Kogen's "act" like something from 'The Godfather' (Don Corleone?). Quick, check your bed for a horse's head if you didn't buy, buy, buy something! I personally thought the Diniz brothers were quite good when they appeared in their role as gem-hunters, and extremely knowledgeable, talking about their travels to gem-fields, etc. I found all of this quite interesting, and it made a nice change from listening to the nails down a blackboard effect of Vicki's voice or the witterings and screechings of "the blondes". Hope you won't have to sit around much longer and will get well very quickly now. All the best to you - and thanks again for giving me a good laugh.

    Quote Originally Posted by countrymaid View Post
    Thank you for your kind wishes historymystery. More than anything, I'm bored sitting around.
    I think all the presenters are awful. There seems to have been many changes. Although I didn't particularly warm to the Diniz brothers, I find Don Kogan positively frightening. He's like some big bully, shouting his instructions to buy, buy, buy. Debbie Cavill referring to her daughter as "Pie" is ridiculous. What is she, six? Grow up the pair of you. One thing that made me switch off instantly was watching the dreadful Vicki sneeze into her hand whilst wearing a ring. She then announced that this was the actual ring you would receive! Oh no. I don't think so love. Gross!



  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ADVERTISING
    Don't watch it, it's one of those deceitful company's that do a start from price that they pick out of fresh air, then drop it dramatically to make it look like you're getting a bargain, well I say bargain but just flicked over and the prices are absolutely ridiculous! Shop anywhere else or down the high street and you'd get much, much more for your money. I've noticed they use those special filters as well to make the jewellery sparkle more. Would never buy from this company.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Shopperholic, couldn't put it better. If you buy from them, beware - if you need to return anything, my experience was they sit on your money as long as possible, and the 'flippin thing was faulty, so it was their fault!!! The only way I got the money returned was to simply bombard them with e-mails night and day, every day (must have filled their Inbox), demanding my money back after at least a month of hanging on to it. Presenter staff come and go (unless they are Debby Cavill's kids!!), which is always a bad sign, and the only presenters who stay the course are The Shouty Blondes (new name for a pop group, methinks?)- one of which is the dreadful "fog-horn at low tide on the river Thames crossed with a Helium balloon" voice of Vicki - and John Scott. How he's hanging on, I haven't a clue and I guess it's work at any price! The prices are completely ludicrous now for most hours, and if my example was anything to go by, the quality is terrible. Buyer beware!!

    Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    Don't watch it, it's one of those deceitful company's that do a start from price that they pick out of fresh air, then drop it dramatically to make it look like you're getting a bargain, well I say bargain but just flicked over and the prices are absolutely ridiculous! Shop anywhere else or down the high street and you'd get much, much more for your money. I've noticed they use those special filters as well to make the jewellery sparkle more. Would never buy from this company.
    Last edited by historymystery; 24-05-2015 at 05:08 PM.
    Thanks shopperholic thanked for this post
     

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    Shopperholic, couldn't put it better. If you buy from them, beware - if you need to return anything, my experience was they sit on your money as long as possible, and the 'flippin thing was faulty, so it was their fault!!! The only way I got the money returned was to simply bombard them with e-mails night and day, demanding my money back after at least a month of hanging on to it. Presenter staff come and go (unless they are Debby Cavill's kids!!), which is always a bad sign, and the only presenters who stay the course are The Shouty Blondes (new name for a pop group, methinks?)- one of which is the dreadful fog-horn at low tide voice of Vicki - and John Scott. How he's hanging on, I haven't a clue! The prices are ludicrous, and if my example was anything to go by, the quality is terrible. Buyer beware!!
    History I'm glad you got your money back, you shouldn't have to had bombarded them so yes, just shows you how dodgy this company is.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Shopperholic, I would caution anyone on here to be very careful of them, especially if money's tight and you should have to send something back but cannot afford to wait for your refund for ages. I would hate anyone to have my experience, AND I had a tussle with them over refunding the p&p as well - a bit rich, considering the item they sent me was faulty and it cost me 7 to return by Royal Mail Special Delivery!! They would only then refund the p&p if I sent a copy of the return postage receipt by e-mail (which I was able to do, but what if the buyer doesn't have a computer?). Never, ever, send them the original receipt, I'd say.

    They've had so many different studio makeovers/changes of presenting personnel/guest gem explorers who 'disappear' and are never spoken of again (such as Gavin Lindsell and the Diniz Brothers), too. This can't be a good sign with any company. The website is pretty amateur, also, even though it's had a re-vamp.

    Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    History I'm glad you got your money back, you shouldn't have to had bombarded them so yes, just shows you how dodgy this company is.
    Likes shopperholic liked this post
     

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I got ripped off by a shopping channel called Auction World about twelve years ago for 800, my husband bought me a one carat diamond ring for our twentieth wedding anniversary because we couldn't afford one when we got engaged, but when it arrived it was like crushed ice so I returned it, they went "bust" in the few days it took me to return it, but they must have known they were going under but took people's money anyway, and they knew they were sending dodgy jewellery out too. I never got that back and it eats away at me to this day, I would hate anyone to go through what I went through.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Shopperholic, what a horrible experience for you - mine with Rocks & Co. was nowhere near as bad as yours, my item cost only about 125 max and I did (eventually) get them to return not only the original cost (including p&p) but the return postage, too. Yours was an even worse experience for you and your husband, as it was for a special anniversary, too, and 800 is a heck of a lot of money to lose. I always hope that these ****??? that do this type of thing have something very nasty happen to them in the future, whether you call it karma or not, the least of which might be their grasping, dirty hands dropping off. To take people's money knowing you are sending out faulty goods is just evil - and the worst of it is these people go bankrupt or whatever, and then just start up another business elsewhere. It's high time the penalties for cheating the public were made much, much tougher.

    Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    I got ripped off by a shopping channel called Auction World about twelve years ago for 800, my husband bought me a one carat diamond ring for our twentieth wedding anniversary because we couldn't afford one when we got engaged, but when it arrived it was like crushed ice so I returned it, they went "bust" in the few days it took me to return it, but they must have known they were going under but took people's money anyway, and they knew they were sending dodgy jewellery out too. I never got that back and it eats away at me to this day, I would hate anyone to go through what I went through.
    Thanks shopperholic thanked for this post
     

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm a great believer in Karma too History. Don't know how they sleep at night but yep, what goes around comes around eh?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh Gawd, I flicked over a while back and there on Rocks was Vicki, also known as "I'm a screaming Banshee on Helium". Just at that moment my husband came into the room and said "where's that horrible racket coming from?" He thought the TV was on the blink, it was that bad! How she can say she also doubles as a "singer" outside of Rocks I cannot imagine - to my knowledge, professional singers are trained to use their voices properly, otherwise throat problems would soon result. She has a voice like someone scraping a cheesegrater with a steel knitting needle. Tonight we had "I can't BELIEVEEEEEEEEEEEEE our prices, if it was just one pendant....but these are EARRINGSSSSSSSSSSS!" - this was then followed by the hair flicking, the fake open-mouthed amazement, the hands flying about as though she was doubling as a semaphore signaller in the Royal Navy, and such an enormous round eyed-look that I wondered if her eyeballs were going to fall out and bounce across the table.

    Debbie Cavill was at the side of her, guesting on the show, and also joining in the squealing, but at a slightly lower decibel level (speak up, Debs, we can't hear you over Vicki's screaming). It has crossed my mind that Vicki might be a clockwork creation being worked by Debby Cavill - if she would only turn around we could see if there's a wind-up key in her back, and the 2 of them appear together so often. I think Vicki must have been conceived during the old Carry-On film "Carry on Screaming". This is one channel past it's sell-by date.

    Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    I'm a great believer in Karma too History. Don't know how they sleep at night but yep, what goes around comes around eh?
    Last edited by historymystery; 25-05-2015 at 07:59 PM.
    Likes shopperholic liked this post
     

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    ADVERTISING


    Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    Oh Gawd, I flicked over a while back and there on Rocks was Vicki, also known as "I'm a screaming Banshee on Helium". Just at that moment my husband came into the room and said "where's that horrible racket coming from?" He thought the TV was on the blink, it was that bad! How she can say she also doubles as a "singer" outside of Rocks I cannot imagine - to my knowledge, professional singers are trained to use their voices properly, otherwise throat problems would soon result. She has a voice like someone scraping a cheesegrater with a steel knitting needle. Tonight we had "I can't BELIEVEEEEEEEEEEEEE our prices, if it was just one pendant....but these are EARRINGSSSSSSSSSSS!" - this was then followed by the hair flicking, the fake open-mouthed amazement, the hands flying about as though she was doubling as a semaphore signaller in the Royal Navy, and such an enormous round eyed-look that I wondered if her eyeballs were going to fall out and bounce across the table.

    Debbie Cavill was at the side of her, guesting on the show, and also joining in the squealing, but at a slightly lower decibel level (speak up, Debs, we can't hear you over Vicki's screaming). It has crossed my mind that Vicki might be a clockwork creation being worked by Debby Cavill - if she would only turn around we could see if there's a wind-up key in her back, and the 2 of them appear together so often. I think Vicki must have been conceived during the old Carry-On film "Carry on Screaming". This is one channel past it's sell-by date.
    That's so funny, or should I say sooooooo!!!! funny. I bet she was thinking "good grief! who'd pay that for that?!" Don't you just hate the faux shock/surprise/horror at the extremely over priced items. Yes I agree, this channel is dodgy and like you History, I'd advise anyone to stay clear.
    Thanks historymystery thanked for this post
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •