How about discounting any order for long standing customers too!?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Same with my email mr jones and I can see no reason for moaning. I've said it a number of times in various threads here and I'll say it again but Rocks prices are wonderful and it would be very unlikely that we would get similar value in the high street.

Glad that some of us have a very literal bent, but fact remains that it seems quite a few got hold of wrong end of stick and Steve Bennett, like the gentleman and businessman that he is, has responded to the comments and is obviously mindful of the different interpretations made and is keen to keep all of us "on-side" ........Many of the comments made and issues raised in this forum are an excellent example of the type of feedback from actual customers that is hugely valuable to any business and it is clear that Steve knows and appreciates it. It is this attitude of his which so influences his Customer Service Team, which I regard as second to none.

Not a moan as such

Same with my email mr jones and I can see no reason for moaning. I've said it a number of times in various threads here and I'll say it again but Rocks prices are wonderful and it would be very unlikely that we would get similar value in the high street.

Hi Mr Jones and Calvin, :1:this wasn't a moan as such, it was mereley pointing out that if you look at the website heading that you are able to watch the auction on , it does state clearly that you are watching on Coloured Rocks website/Rockstv a definite merger of the two sites, this is where the discount confusion began....:33: and not a moan as such as i've already retracted early, and agree we have had some wonderful priced items of jewelery, the high St could never beat.

My point was,and still is... its very confusing thinking that because of the merged websites, that we were all entitled to the discount, hope you know what i'm trying to say.:6:

Best wishes to all,

Mirabelle xx:40:

Last edited:
I know what you mean and while I read the email I hadn't realised the sites had merged. Oooops!!!:eek: Thanks to all who have pointed it out. :D

I've complained long and hard on here about the new site - but must say I had no confusion about the 5% discount - to me it was obvious it was for CR only - it would be technically near-impossible to give a discount on the variable prices in the auction!

Re the changes - I'd really like Steve to tell us why they changed in the first place? Rocks had been going less than three months - surely not very long in which to decide if it's working or not? Lots of new people were joiningin. Instead of us giving the new site a chance, why did Rocks not give the old format a reasonable period - say six months, or until after Christmas - before deciding it wasn't working? (If indeed it wasn't, which I find hard to believe.)

I honestly don't think they owe us any explanation! It is their business to do with what they want.

I personally think that this change has been planned for a while. The changes to their IT systems to do this have been pretty big, so they will have been writing the programming and testing it out for a while before going live.

In so far as leaving the old format for a reasonable period, they have tried it for over a quarter. If something doesn't work in that kind of time, and the bottom line is showing significant losses against business plan, then no business is going to give it another quarter to kick in. That would make half a year of pushing something that just isn't working, and is absolutely not a viable option for a new business.

For me, it will take a bit of getting used to the new format, and as they develop their system, so things will definitely improve. For now though the prices are still great, there is still the interactivity element which was very much a USP for the site, the Chat is still great fun and really informative. What more can we ask for?

Latest posts

Back