How about discounting any order for long standing customers too!?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mirabelle

Registered Shopper
Hi Everyone....:1:

After placing my order just now and thinking I've got a discount off...It would appear yet again I'm finding out the hard way, that these discount codes I've been given one on here stcom5 and one in an email vc5, only apply to us if we buy from coloured rocks website, (anyone notice they merged the two sites didn't they!), so I stupidly thought I could use one of the discount codes for my auction order, which is nearly £100 again.:27:

I wouldn't really call this doing any favours for all the long standing customers, who helped put the site on the map so to speak, do you!?:6:

It would be a very nice gesture if all the long standing customers could place any order with some kind of discount off, wether its rockstv auctions or coloured rocks order, then at least old and new alike get a look in at the discount offer.:54:

"What do you thing"...it wouldn't hurt to acknowledge the long standing customers...come on Rockstv have a heart!, a fair few of us have spent hundreds already.:17:

Sorry for the moan everyone! but feel a bit better for getting that out.

Best wishes to you all

Mirabelle xxxx :40:

Hiya Mirabelle :60:

Hope you are feeling better. I didn't realise about the discount was only coloured rocks not rockstv either think it confused me with the sites now merging into one. I couldn't check out basket as having quite a few problems logging in etc with new site (which I am told they are looking into) so Katherine checked out my order for me and I said about the discount she said a quite a few people thought it was for rockstv but only for coloured rocks site so no discount for me also :17:

It would be nice if we could have a discount on our first order with the new website (espically with all the teething problems some of us have experienced and yet still remained loyal) we'll just have to see but I hope we will get a discount.

By the way my name on rockstv is now PandaBear same as on here was Manda from the begining on rockstv but changed email address and had to set up new account and thus new username as won't let you change email address

Hi Pandabear..very confusing isn't it

Hiya Mirabelle :60:

Hope you are feeling better. I didn't realise about the discount was only coloured rocks not rockstv either think it confused me with the sites now merging into one. I couldn't check out basket as having quite a few problems logging in etc with new site (which I am told they are looking into) so Katherine checked out my order for me and I said about the discount she said a quite a few people thought it was for rockstv but only for coloured rocks site so no discount for me also :17:

It would be nice if we could have a discount on our first order with the new website (espically with all the teething problems some of us have experienced and yet still remained loyal) we'll just have to see but I hope we will get a discount.

By the way my name on rockstv is now PandaBear same as on here was Manda from the begining on rockstv but changed email address and had to set up new account and thus new username as won't let you change email address

Hiya Pandabear...I'm feeling a little better today thanks for asking, and thanks for your input too :1:

I too thought it very confusing, in my opinion...the loyal customers from the very early days, and like you said through all the trials and tribulations and who stuck with it all throughout,deserve to have our loyalty repaid in some kind of small way.:51:

Luv Mirabelle xxx:40:

Given the prices of higher end items on the new format, can't help thinking that loyalty bonuses for the old hands were the prices we got our goods at, along with the competition give aways. Anyone remember that rough cut Black Diamond necklace that was given away?

Given the prices of higher end items on the new format, can't help thinking that loyalty bonuses for the old hands were the prices we got our goods at, along with the competition give aways. Anyone remember that rough cut Black Diamond necklace that was given away?

Agree. The ridiculously low prices of the early days were worth a lot more than the 5% on offer on the CR site. I can't complain about the prices I paid then as I have never seen low prices and original pieces on the proverbial high street. And let's be honest, there are still some amazingly low prices to be had.

hi all

sorry about the confusion. I desperately wanted to do it for everyone, but my technical team said the system at this stage could only apply it to fixed price items, as it applies the discount to a price list and can not apply it to a variable price.

I have sent them away to find a solution as soon as we have one, i will give you all a big auction discount.

regards

steve

Thanks a lot for that, Steve. We really do appreciate it! Although my cc is now trying to get out of my purse, out the door, and run for the hills!

Thanks a lot for that, Steve. We really do appreciate it! Although my cc is now trying to get out of my purse, out the door, and run for the hills!

Ahh....
21sn.gif

....would that be the Derbyshire Peaks then? :mysmilie_738.gif:

Bye-Sad.gif

Ho yes!........I can be very trying........when I want to be ...........
sad.gif

But I think I'll give up now!! :mysmilie_770.gif:

Thankyou sooo much Steve!!

hi all

sorry about the confusion. I desperately wanted to do it for everyone, but my technical team said the system at this stage could only apply it to fixed price items, as it applies the discount to a price list and can not apply it to a variable price.

I have sent them away to find a solution as soon as we have one, i will give you all a big auction discount.

regards

steve

Aww Steve thank you soo much, :59:
I'm sorry for being a moaner, as I do know we had great prices from the offset, take no notice of me I'm still feeling grumpy from my illness.(that's no excuse for moaning at you though!):58: i've got the :16: in me today lol!!....

Your'e a great guy Steve, and I'm sure you will find a solution for your loyal based fans.:57:

Much Luv Steve..:7:

Mirabelle xxx:40:

Yes, I must admit I miss read the email about the discount, and thought, oh goody!!! Anyway, have to agree that the fantastic prices we've already been getting more than makes up for the lack of discount, that really would be too greedy of us.

Thank you anyway Steve!!

:doggie:

hi all

regards

steve

Very well said, Steve, a generous reply, for which I am sure we all thank you.

It was inevitable, given the intermingling of Coloured Rocks and RocksTV, that this confusion would arise. Even before the recent changes, emails of order confirmations would come from "noreplyatcolouredrocks.com", thanking us for our order with RocksTV.......it was always possible to order other items from the CR site and combine the invoice with a RocksTV one.......and now the url of Rocks.tv reads "http://www.colouredrocks.com/rockstv/".... so it was not too hard to see where the confusion came from.

I was told by (the hard-working and very conscientious) Katherine that it was only possible to give the discount on the fixed price CR items because the RocksTV auction items were already at a discounted price....fair enough, but that could have been stated initially. That Rocks prices are below CR ones is not always the case, of course: even in the "good old days" of the rising price auctions the price paid could be higher... not often enough for the happy running of the Company, I know, but nevertheless it did happen!
Now, if the determination is that Rocks TV is to be THE place for discounted prices, then it is important that the start price for the falling auctions does fall BELOW the CR price pretty sharpish, or there will be no incentive to buy via the auctions at all!! With the new format of only one auction running and the lack of details on items, bracelet lengths etc, as has been mentioned elsewhere on these pages, the FUN element of the whole thing is diminished.
Customer Service at your Companies, Steve, is very good, make no mistake about that... and I hope you value your terrific staff as much as they deserve, but there seems to have been some falling down on the thinking behind the new set-up.
As an aside to this, I must mention a few aspects I have found troublesome, especially with the new catalogue. There are too few items listed for each hour now, though I appreciate the intention to do this to allow for more requested items. Now in the daily catalogue there is not even a brief description of the item....given the dodgy photos of some items, it is well nigh impossible to tell what stone the item is... this situation CANNOT tempt us to spend our money! No name, no description in advance and then, when the item gets to air, often precious little chance to see the item clearly before it is sold. If there are no good photos of a modelwearing the item, then it is really necessary to, for instance, hold earrings to the ear.... even if it is a hairy man's ear! We really do need to know the maximum and minimum sizes for neckalces and bracelets! This is not a whim, it is a necessity!
For bracelets, it is vital that the measurement, especially for tongue and box type fastenings, that the length is given accurately.....I have too often seen for instance, Carol (she of the ghastly wailing and shouting) measure a bracelet and declare its length to be x inches, only to later discover that this was the enitre length and took no account of the one quarter to half and inch that is lost when such a fastening is closed..... since we often do not get great views of the fastenings of items such as necklaces and bracelets, this is TOO irritating.
So, I've taken up half the forum with this response, in the hope that it is useful to you, Steve.... this is REAL feedback !!
Cheers,
Mathilda

ps. will copy this to Rockstv as well, of course!

Hi Everyone....:1:

After placing my order just now and thinking I've got a discount off...It would appear yet again I'm finding out the hard way, that these discount codes I've been given one on here stcom5 and one in an email vc5, only apply to us if we buy from coloured rocks website, (anyone notice they merged the two sites didn't they!), so I stupidly thought I could use one of the discount codes for my auction order, which is nearly £100 again.:27:

I wouldn't really call this doing any favours for all the long standing customers, who helped put the site on the map so to speak, do you!?:6:

It would be a very nice gesture if all the long standing customers could place any order with some kind of discount off, wether its rockstv auctions or coloured rocks order, then at least old and new alike get a look in at the discount offer.:54:

"What do you thing"...it wouldn't hurt to acknowledge the long standing customers...come on Rockstv have a heart!, a fair few of us have spent hundreds already.:17:

Sorry for the moan everyone! but feel a bit better for getting that out.

Best wishes to you all

Mirabelle xxxx :40:

I am totally with you Mirabelle. Same thing happened to me, place a large order, tried to add the discount codes and nothing happened. Asked in help only to be told that they dont apply to auctions!!! How ridiculous!

I just left help chat before I said something I would regret!

It was very clear it applied to Coloured Rocks only in the Email I got. I took advantage of the offer.

It was very clear it applied to Coloured Rocks only in the Email I got. I took advantage of the offer.

Same with my email mr jones and I can see no reason for moaning. I've said it a number of times in various threads here and I'll say it again but Rocks prices are wonderful and it would be very unlikely that we would get similar value in the high street.

Latest posts

Back