Lennie from Nina Leonard has sadly passed away

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I realise he died but he had stopped presenting a while before he died. Little explanation was given of why he stopped and QVC seemed quite vague about it. I just wondered if it was now acknowledged that the reason he stopped presenting was due to illness that he had chosen to keep private. It doesn't really matter ofcourse but it would end the story. Whenever I see nina leonard mentioned I always think of him and hope the circumstances of his death weren't tragic.

I vaguely remember at the time Lenny had died of an illness but had chosen to keep it very private. He's sorely missed. I'm very admirable of Cate who now comes with the brand to QVC because she is taking the business forward in strides, which I'm sure is what Lenny would have wanted. RIP my good man.

CC

Thanks for posting. So an illness was mentioned, I never heard that. The lack of explanation is difficult as you naturally wonder if it was tragic, unnatural. Respect very much the families wish to keep details private just good to have enough information to let it go.

it seemed odd that the last time he presented was when he said something politically charged cant remember the incident. never saw him again. lovely funny man

He was clearly unwell at his last appearance but disappeared never to be mentioned again until his death was briefly announced. It still mystifies me why he is never referred to when you consider he and his wife set up the Nina Leonard label he was veryproud of and many of the designs are his.I know things have to move on but its as if he never existed.

That is always the way QVC work. Brand and its presenter leave and you never hear they are even leaving, and they are never mentioned again.

its all about the money with qvc. no real respect for the vendors or the customers

The brand is king. QVC want customers to look forward not back ! Guests are only useful to them while they have that bond with their product and customers to create the lifestyle to which we should all aspire. Not saying this is wrong, most retailers have a variation on the theme

People move on, sometimes through choice, sometimes not. I'd not expect to see a high street store putting announcements up that one of their sales assistants had left, don't know why anyone would expect qvc to make an announcement when their sales reps move on.

People move on, sometimes through choice, sometimes not. I'd not expect to see a high street store putting announcements up that one of their sales assistants had left, don't know why anyone would expect qvc to make an announcement when their sales reps move on.

its different though a big difference. lenny was on qvc maybe even from day one we got used to him on our screens. same with julian ballentyne and debbie greenwood. a shop /strore is a different experience

I think there is a difference - QVC are actively trying to create a feeling that there is a QVC family, and customers and guests and presenters and models are all part of that family. You can't have it both ways... Yes if they're just a shop and the presenters and guests are just sales assistants it's perfectly true that the departure should not be of any great importance, but I think you'd expect a little information at least when a family member is leaving or has died.

I think there is a difference - QVC are actively trying to create a feeling that there is a QVC family, and customers and guests and presenters and models are all part of that family. You can't have it both ways... Yes if they're just a shop and the presenters and guests are just sales assistants it's perfectly true that the departure should not be of any great importance, but I think you'd expect a little information at least when a family member is leaving or has died.

I certainly don't consider qvc or their sales presenters as family. They're simply sales reps, nothing more.

I don't think of them as family either,but judging from some of the studio calls ,if they are real calls, some people do. To me its just one of their many techniques to get me to part with my hard earned money and I don't get taken in by it. Q encourages people to ring in ,speak to the designers and be part of things. Many people used to ring up to speak to Lenny, probably more than any other shows.

Kathy Tayler made a touching tribute to Lenny at the beginning of the first Nina Leonard show after he died.

Latest posts

Back