Molton Brown on tonight

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes I heard that as well Bluebell. Thought she might have mentioned that QVC wont be reordering any Molton Brown. I wonder if there are going to be alot of viewers looking forward and expecting a Christmas TSV.

No chance of MB being in last clicks I spose.:54:

Last edited:
Yes I heard that as well Bluebell. Thought she might have mentioned that QVC wont be reordering any Molton Brown. I wonder if there are going to be alot of viewers looking forward and expecting a Christmas TSV.

If I was around later I might be tempted to call in and ask about the Christmas TSV :54: (then again they might be expecting someone to do that....)

Am I alone in thinking that MB is overpriced for what it is? There are far nicer bubble baths in the supermarket for a fraction of the price

They have the new "Coco de Mer" bath and shower on the MB website.
I might go into the MB shop in our town and buy some bottles for Christmas, because I will really miss the TSV's. I think its a bad move for MB to pull out.

I have emailed QVC about this loads of times, for friends who don't have a comp, but they have not replied to my last few. So don't know whats going on with this brand.

Am I alone in thinking that MB is overpriced for what it is? There are far nicer bubble baths in the supermarket for a fraction of the price

No, I agree with you. And despite what that woman who looks like a Steiff bear says, I'm not that mad about the fragrances.

I became obsessed with wanting to try Heavenly Gingerlily, and got one of those sprays flecked with gold. It's lovely, but on me the fragrance is overpowering. (Shame, because the gold looks great.)

I'f I'm going to pay a lot of money for the stuff, I'd rather have L'Occitane.

Although I did enjoy the MB stuff I had from QVC I do agree with you and really started to go off it (though I think I was a bit put off by those ridiculous descriptions from Jill Goldsmith!). I really do prefer L'occitane nowadays as it seems to have nicer, less synthetic fragrances.

But I do agree there's also some much cheaper stuff available elsewhere. Of course...it's not so "prestigious" though! lol :18:

No you're not the only one who thinks that. MB is nice but to me it's not nice enough to justify the price compared to less prestigious brands.

Literally, these prestigious high end shower gels that evoke a small Mangrove cabana in the Seychelles or Indian Ocean, do absolutely sod all for my skin.
Im quite happy with my last TSV from L`occitane ta v much .

I tried MB ages ago and didn't think it was anything special the blissful smells that Jill ranted on about didn't materialise for me, so I got some L'Occitane and was rather disappointed the fragrance in their shower stuff didn't last andd their shampoo I couldn't get a lather in, so recently I went for Philosophy try me kit and gosh that was a thumbs down too, the face cream had an awful smell, the great mystery face mask think that's the name made me itch and well the only thing that didn't anoy me was the lip gloss, perhaps I'm just unfortunate. At the moment I have some Avon face creams and bath gels and I get on with them fine.
There is a Lush shop in the next town to me, has anyone tried their stuff>

piper

Sorry but the smell that comes out of Lush as you walk past.....I find it makes me want to throw up! (DH feels the same)

I love LUSH soaps - my favourite is a christmas one that only comes out once a year (October to January I think it's sold). They have one of the best body exfoliators I've ever used - Acqua Mirablis - just fantastic. I love the fact that you can buy small bits or big bits and aren't told about the heady smells of the indian ocean, and all that rubbish. Go in and try - they'll also give you samples to try too.

People get very fanatical about Lush but I think it's really over rated. I've yet to find a product I really like and the smells of some products, to me, smell a bit too natural, more mildew than anything else.

However, Lush seem to be a thriving business so, once again, I'm clearly in the minority :)

Latest posts

Back