Dyson AM09 Hot & Cool Fan Heater TSV 31/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Q are becoming just like IW with the same old same old TSV's coming round in rotation.
By now anyone who wants/needs one of these very expensive Dyson Fans will have already brought one one on one of the numerous occasions it has already been a TSV.
T%here must be other brands /items that they can pull out of the bag for TSV's. It is becoming monotonous to watch.
So I don't. I can remember a time when I used to wait up until 12.00 so as not to miss the TSV launch. sadly no longer.

Dyson AM09 Hot & Cool Quiet Bladeless Fan with Timer
Item Number: 804130
QVC Price £392.00
Today's Special Value Price £299.94
P&P £7.95

The new and improved Dyson AM09 Hot & Cool Fan Heater is an innovative design that heats or cools its surroundings to the precise degree; now featuring long-range Jet focus control for either large or concentrated areas, an energy-saving sleep timer, and specifically engineered to be up to 75% quieter than previous models. Without the need for visible heating elements or fast-spinning blades, the all-new, top of the range Dyson AM09 will tailor the temperature in your home throughout the year, ensuring maximum comfort with barely a whisper of a sound

Safe and soundless - this upgraded model is up to an incredible 75% quieter than former models and is the only fan on the market with the Quiet Mark accreditation. Additionally, it maintains a temperature below dust burning point, so you can say goodbye to worrying burning smells.

Air Multiplier technology - air is drawn in at the base of the machine and amplified to create long-range heat projection for warmth and high-velocity air to cool you down. The intelligent thermostat maintains your target temperature, with 10 speed options in both heating and cooling modes, working quickly and evenly to make you comfortable.

A peaceful slumber - the brand new, built-in sleep timer means you can set the fan to go off after you have gone to sleep, saving energy and providing peace of mind.

Precise control - the Jet focus control means that not only can you set your preferred temperature to the exact degree, you can select Focussed Mode for concentrated and direct airflow, or Diffused Mode for a wider area, ideal for warming or cooling larger spaces.

Handy remote control - the AM09 comes with a remote control that can be used to turn the machine on and off and to adjust oscillation, temperature and airflow power. It’s curved and magnetized so it stores neatly on top of the machine too.

Sturdy with touch-tilt control - the fan heater pivots on its own centre of gravity, staying put without clamping and automatically switching off if it tips over. It tilts 10 degrees from upright in both directions, so you can direct airflow exactly where you want it around the room.

Premium nickel and white finish
LED temperature display

What’s in the box?

AM09 Hot + Cool White/Nickel fan heater
Remote control
Operations manual

Technical specifications:

Patented Air Multiplier technology
Heater technology: PTC ceramic heater
Ten speed settings
80 degree oscillation span
Touch-tilt: 10 degrees either way from upright position
Power source: mains electrical three-pin plug
Voltage: 240V
Wattage: 2600W
Dimensions (h x w x d): 59.5cm x 20.5cm x 20.4cm (23.5" x 8.1" x 8")
Cord length: 1.8m
Weight: 2.7kg

Behind the brand
Founded by James Dyson in 1992, this pioneering British company produces everything from bagless vacuums that don't lose suction to innovative bladeless fans.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804130

Well thats one reason not to watch the other being its another ****** Dyson TSV!!

At least no Phil H2O Mop-man doing this TSV. They have at least got a Dyson bod - think he's been on before. Enthusiastic and a bit geeky. I'm not watching it as such - it's on in the background.

Jesus just flicked over WTF is Debbie wearing !! Not a good look!! I think Catherine needs to lend her a copy of Christianne woolfs diet book.

Jesus just flicked over WTF is Debbie wearing !! Not a good look!! I think Catherine needs to lend her a copy of Christine woolfs book

That'll be one of Antthony's tops - with the shutter pleating which has become something of a signature style for him. Don't know which rainge those white leggings are from - could be Mr Max or Diane Gilman as both ranges have had cropped white leggings on in the past couple of days. The inevitably white wedge sandals are present and correct, unfortunately...

Keep expecting DF to drop to her knees, hands clasped and tears rolling down her face she's begging that hard for people to buy a Dyson fan heater. You can actually hear the desperation and pleading...............get a grip DF! If they don't sack you for deceiving a charity and offending QVC customers by descriminating and favouritism, they're not going to sack you for a drop in sales now are they.

Jesus just flicked over WTF is Debbie wearing !! Not a good look!! I think Catherine needs to lend her a copy of Christianne woolfs diet book.

I agree, the fat lady has obviously started singing. When she pitched her "Fat Lady Sings" book to all her fans, I often wondered on what evidence they bought it. What the heck, they'd give her five star reviews wether it worked or not anyway, that's the power of social media...........ain't that right Debbie?

i wish the fan was in the dark colour. not keen on the white. also suprised that you need the remote to operate it as it does not have on board buttons

I've just seen part of the repeat show and she was suggesting you buy the £250 hand-held vacuum cleaner for the teenagers' bedrooms!

I've just seen part of the repeat show and she was suggesting you buy the £250 hand-held vacuum cleaner for the teenagers' bedrooms!

The woman's farcical hard sell never ends does it, now she's assuming every teenager is too lazy to make that long journey downstairs to get it.

Keep expecting DF to drop to her knees, hands clasped and tears rolling down her face she's begging that hard for people to buy a Dyson fan heater. You can actually hear the desperation and pleading...............get a grip DF! If they don't sack you for deceiving a charity and offending QVC customers by descriminating and favouritism, they're not going to sack you for a drop in sales now are they.

Actually, I think that might be the one unforgivable crime - as long as it's a sustained dip in sales.

I have to say I was getting extremely annoyed with the way Debbie was speaking to and treating Joe, the Dyson brand ambassador. She was constantly making little comments and corrections, which I thought was totally uncalled for.

He's not the only guest presenter I've seen her correcting live on air... I was shocked at the way she spoke to the Skechers brand ambassador when he did his first ever live presentation. He is still on air. He referred to "units" talking about the shoes, and she told him what he should be saying in a not-very-nice way and followed it up with one of those little laughs which is meant to "soften" the tone and doesn't.

Last edited:
This model is a "vast improvement" over the previous models, so they said. And that was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread! So I pity all the people who bought the previous ones.

And, even if I wanted one, I wouldn't buy one that is totally dependent on a remote control, I would want all the controls duplicated on the fan itself, in case the remote got damaged or the batteries went flat at an inconvenient time.

This model is a "vast improvement" over the previous models, so they said. And that was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread! So I pity all the people who bought the previous ones.

And, even if I wanted one, I wouldn't buy one that is totally dependent on a remote control, I would want all the controls duplicated on the fan itself, in case the remote got damaged or the batteries went flat at an inconvenient time.

it sounds like a money saving strategy to me. i like the thought that the sound is quieter, you can have the heat/coolness on one person and its got a time. my sister is buying this and i will try it under the 30 days mbg

Couldn't agree more! If I can't see an alternative way to do what I need to do without the remote, the product stays in the shop.

Why do these things have to be so booming expensive its a fan heater for gods sake there is only so much you can do with a heater it blows out heat, cool air ,and heats a room like so many far cheaper heaters.

Actually, I think that might be the one unforgivable crime - as long as it's a sustained dip in sales.

I have to say I was getting extremely annoyed with the way Debbie was speaking to and treating Joe, the Dyson brand ambassador. She was constantly making little comments and corrections, which I thought was totally uncalled for.

He's not the only guest presenter I've seen her correcting live on air... I was shocked at the way she spoke to the Skechers brand ambassador when he did his first ever live presentation. He is still on air. He referred to "units" talking about the shoes, and she told him what he should be saying in a not-very-nice way and followed it up with one of those little laughs which is meant to "soften" the tone and doesn't.

She's, now how can I put this, not a very nice person. She tells people what to do and wouldn't know the word "please" if it smacked her in the face, so she's also an extremely rude woman. I have to disagree, it looks like once you're established at QVC presenter you can get away with absolutely anything and your job is safe, they'd never upset a presenter.

She's, now how can I put this, not a very nice person. She tells people what to do and wouldn't know the word "please" if it smacked her in the face, so she's also an extremely rude woman. I have to disagree, it looks like once you're established at QVC presenter you can get away with absolutely anything and your job is safe, they'd never upset a presenter.

I reckon Debbie Greenwood and Julian Ballantine might disagree with you :cheeky:

I'd maybe modify what I said to say - make sure your sales dip doesn't coincide with contract renewal negotiations... :handshake:

Ultimately I don't think any of them are entirely untouchable, but I think the redlines which QVC would draw wouldn't be the same ones we might draw in terms of conduct and performance.

Latest posts

Back