Dyson AM09 Hot & Cool Fan Heater TSV 31/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes I was just thinking only the other day that it must be oh at least 3 weeks since we had a Dyson TSV, and surely it was time we had another, and low and behold another we had, either I am psychic or qvc or becomin predictable and dare I say it 'boring'

I have stated it before but each time I watch her she is becoming the epitome of the 'sad lonely crazy cat woman' just that either advent of social media she can be these things with other 'virtual' people. Yes what she did withe charity was wrong, but then I am surprised the charity in question accepted her.

Hmmm. I'm a bit wary of these now. Don't get me wrong, I love mine as it works and it's fast whether for heating or cooling, and I love the remote. BUT, mine was one of the recalls that promised a new 2 year warranty from the date of repair. I had to ring Dyson last week about mine getting extremely hot and emitting a burning smell and was more or less told tough.

The woman I spoke to told me that although it's still in (the new) warranty until this coming May, it was technically OUT of warranty so they won't be doing anything about it unless I pay!

Wonderful CS and NOT what I'd expect from this company or for an item of that price.

I'm especially miffed as I'm complaining about the original issue it was supposed to have been repaired for.

i'm suprised at dyson. i would call them again you may get someone more understanding. they usually come out, do the repair in your home, replace any worn parts etc. my sister had one of the first handhelds its comming up to 5 years. its not working properly. but they repaired it as best they could for free. then they gave her a voucher to get the £400 super duper new handheld for £170 inc delivery. same with my daughters £150 vacume cleaner. came to her home stripped it and literally rebuilt it. it was over the 5 years but they still honoured the guarantee. and they posted extra nozzles and fitting he did not have on him. fantastic service

Yes I was just thinking only the other day that it must be oh at least 3 weeks since we had a Dyson TSV, and surely it was time we had another, and low and behold another we had, either I am psychic or qvc or becomin predictable and dare I say it 'boring'

And the next TSV is in 8 days time!!!! 8 days between TSVs is ridiculous!!!

i'm suprised at dyson. i would call them again you may get someone more understanding. they usually come out, do the repair in your home, replace any worn parts etc. my sister had one of the first handhelds its comming up to 5 years. its not working properly. but they repaired it as best they could for free. then they gave her a voucher to get the £400 super duper new handheld for £170 inc delivery. same with my daughters £150 vacume cleaner. came to her home stripped it and literally rebuilt it. it was over the 5 years but they still honoured the guarantee. and they posted extra nozzles and fitting he did not have on him. fantastic service

For some strange and wonderful reason I'm never lucky with things like this. I will try someone else, though. The CS agent I got sounded like working as a CS agent at Dyson was way beneath her and dealing with minions was not meant to be her lot in life!

For some strange and wonderful reason I'm never lucky with things like this. I will try someone else, though. The CS agent I got sounded like working as a CS agent at Dyson was way beneath her and dealing with minions was not meant to be her lot in life!

try try try again. be syrupy sweet lol

try try try again. be syrupy sweet lol

Thanks Boffy. I'll need to perfect it in front of a mirror for a few days first, though! I'm polite, and am usually a sweetie, but don't think I've ever been able to pull off syrupy sweet :mysmilie_857:

Thanks Boffy. I'll need to perfect it in front of a mirror for a few days first, though! I'm polite, and am usually a sweetie, but don't think I've ever been able to pull off syrupy sweet :mysmilie_857:

go on you know you can do it

Hmmm. I'm a bit wary of these now. Don't get me wrong, I love mine as it works and it's fast whether for heating or cooling, and I love the remote. BUT, mine was one of the recalls that promised a new 2 year warranty from the date of repair. I had to ring Dyson last week about mine getting extremely hot and emitting a burning smell and was more or less told tough.

The woman I spoke to told me that although it's still in (the new) warranty until this coming May, it was technically OUT of warranty so they won't be doing anything about it unless I pay!

Wonderful CS and NOT what I'd expect from this company or for an item of that price.

I'm especially miffed as I'm complaining about the original issue it was supposed to have been repaired for.
Isn't that illegal? I would write to them to complain or send a complaint via the website. I thought that was the very reason they were all recalled.Surely our guarantees are extended to the new date?

i dont think dyson have a leg to stand on. your local consumer advise centre will give you the right info. hopefully you wont have to contact them. shocked at dyson not like them at all..even two years is not long enough for a premium priced product tbh. its not fit for purpose

Well I have an AM09 that I bought in 2016 when it was a TSV and I can honestly say I don't rate it. I bought it to use when I'm in the conservatory in the summer to cool - alas, an ordinary fan did a better job - and for heating, you'd have to be in a small room to feel the benefit from the heat mode - I had mine right up - sorry, I just think it is such an over rated item, way too costly and sorry I bought it. I kept mine for the longer than 30 days because I wanted to see it work in both modes. It now sits in the cupboard under the stairs.

Latest posts

Back