Dyson AM09 Hot & Cool Fan Heater TSV 31/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I reckon Debbie Greenwood and Julian Ballantine might disagree with you :cheeky:

I'd maybe modify what I said to say - make sure your sales dip doesn't coincide with contract renewal negotiations... :handshake:

Ultimately I don't think any of them are entirely untouchable, but I think the redlines which QVC would draw wouldn't be the same ones we might draw in terms of conduct and performance.

Julian B left to start a business with his girlfriend and didn't have time to do both, he also said that they asked him not to leave, and one day he may come back to QVC once the business is up and running, that's what he Tweeted at the time. As for Debbie G, it was rumoured that she got into an argument with the powers that be at QVC because she wanted to stick to evening shifts, but they wouldn't let her, apparently she was angry that others were allowed to but not her. I don't know if that one is true because it was hearsay. So I don't think Julian or Debbie would put their leaving down to sales figures.

Sales have slowed now, I reckon. They're still showing AO to be shipped w/c 8th June - same as they were in the 11-12 show, and when Catherine Huntley said they had a lot less AO quantity than their original volume.

image.jpg

At Lidl, £19-99, remote control, tilt auto shutoff, oscillates, looks similar in size to the £300 Dyson, 3 year guarantee (more than Dyson), saw a pile of them there today. Also cools as well as heats. And a thermostat with a display of temperature, just like Dyson. Ceramic element, just like Dyson. 2 heat settings. Remote stores inside it. Also has controls on the unit, unlike Dyson.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Julian B left to start a business with his girlfriend and didn't have time to do both, he also said that they asked him not to leave, and one day he may come back to QVC once the business is up and running, that's what he Tweeted at the time. As for Debbie G, it was rumoured that she got into an argument with the powers that be at QVC because she wanted to stick to evening shifts, but they wouldn't let her, apparently she was angry that others were allowed to but not her. I don't know if that one is true because it was hearsay. So I don't think Julian or Debbie would put their leaving down to sales figures.

All speculation!

Julian already had the business before he left QVC plus he has not used twitter since he left QVC!

It was apparently his girlfriends business he was helping with, but saying that, it's only what I read at the time from people who'd read why they'd left and had no reason to fabricate a story. Julian and Debbie where two of the most popular presenters so I doubt very much they got rid of them to replace them with absolute rubbish presenters, so I'm inclined to believe what I read, but thanks anyway.

It was apparently his girlfriends business he was helping with, but saying that, it's only what I read at the time from people who'd read why they'd left and had no reason to fabricate a story. Julian and Debbie where two of the most popular presenters so I doubt very much they got rid of them to replace them with absolute rubbish presenters, so I'm inclined to believe what I read, but thanks anyway.

We had a very long thread about Julian and Debbie on this forum and it was well known he and his girlfriend had a business together.

Whilst the details may never be known and we have to be careful what we say due to legal issues but what was clear was that neither Debbie nor Julian chose to leave QVC. This is why I posted what I said earlier saying that what you said was speculation, we do have to be very careful!

i think debbie and julian are what management call hard to manage. the style that the presenters have to use to sell sell sell is not everyones cup of tea. qvc is very different to what it was

We had a very long thread about Julian and Debbie on this forum and it was well known he and his girlfriend had a business together.

Whilst the details may never be known and we have to be careful what we say due to legal issues but what was clear was that neither Debbie nor Julian chose to leave QVC. This is why I posted what I said earlier saying that what you said was speculation, we do have to be very careful!

Aw ok Sazza, I suppose you're right at the end of the day only them and QVC know what really happened, anything else is speculation like you say.

just finished paying for mine my sister said "boffs you have to have one" and i dutifully bought it

why did you put the link up - all that happens (and it's not the first time) is that a page comes up showing nothing except 'sold out' - just wondered what you expected us to see, if we didn't see it first time round?
:mysmilie_51:

i put that link up months ago:mysmilie_51:

Hmmm. I'm a bit wary of these now. Don't get me wrong, I love mine as it works and it's fast whether for heating or cooling, and I love the remote. BUT, mine was one of the recalls that promised a new 2 year warranty from the date of repair. I had to ring Dyson last week about mine getting extremely hot and emitting a burning smell and was more or less told tough.

The woman I spoke to told me that although it's still in (the new) warranty until this coming May, it was technically OUT of warranty so they won't be doing anything about it unless I pay!

Wonderful CS and NOT what I'd expect from this company or for an item of that price.

I'm especially miffed as I'm complaining about the original issue it was supposed to have been repaired for.

Hmmm. I'm a bit wary of these now. Don't get me wrong, I love mine as it works and it's fast whether for heating or cooling, and I love the remote. BUT, mine was one of the recalls that promised a new 2 year warranty from the date of repair. I had to ring Dyson last week about mine getting extremely hot and emitting a burning smell and was more or less told tough.

The woman I spoke to told me that although it's still in (the new) warranty until this coming May, it was technically OUT of warranty so they won't be doing anything about it unless I pay!

Wonderful CS and NOT what I'd expect from this company or for an item of that price.

I'm especially miffed as I'm complaining about the original issue it was supposed to have been repaired for.

I hope you're not leaving it at that? Speak to trading standards and see what they have to say but I would have thought you have a claim under the sales of goods act or the consumer rights act which replaced it. Under the new law you have an automatic two year warranty for everything. Under the previous act you have rights for a number of reasons but in particular if an item is not of satisfactory quality. As it developed a fault once, the item was clearly not satisfactory or fit for purpose. http://findlaw.co.uk/law/consumer/sales_of_goods/after_you_buy/sale-of-goods-act.html

Latest posts

Back