Closing Down Sale

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Chad

Registered Shopper
This is what it's saying on the channel. What a shame, it was an honourable thing to set up this channel in the hope of helping some very poor people.

yes due to lack of sponsers supplying products, the website will continue, but of course lack of sponsors, means a charity cant afford to keep a channel going.

it seemed to go downhil fast, with the auctions not lasting.

hope kathyrn goldsmith and alex the presenters, can find more work, kathryn maybe with some proper training, could be a good presenter, she is young and enthusasti.

I never really knew what to make of the channel.Some of the items seemed vary good value in fact too good and it was hard to see how the charities would benefit.

The only surprise is that it lasted so long...

If there was such a heavy reliance on donated products, why did they not attempt to line these up or realise before they went on air that companies were not as charitable as they assumed they would be.

Also, why when they went live for 'Snatch It V2' and they sold so little did they then decide to employ a number of people to go live 12 hours a day - those people only informed they'd lost their jobs a matter of hours before they had to go on air with the Closing Down Clearance.

Another channel to add to Steve Bennett's very long line of failed channels.

is this why they have basically ran on 2 presenters, kathryn goldsmith, like i say with a bit of training, could fit in well at another channel, she is young and could maybe entice viewers of a age range to buy stuff.

steve bennett, has said the equal world website will continue.

a lot of this stuff in there closing down sale, ive never seen on air before.

The only surprise is that it lasted so long...

If there was such a heavy reliance on donated products, why did they not attempt to line these up or realise before they went on air that companies were not as charitable as they assumed they would be.

Also, why when they went live for 'Snatch It V2' and they sold so little did they then decide to employ a number of people to go live 12 hours a day - those people only informed they'd lost their jobs a matter of hours before they had to go on air with the Closing Down Clearance.

Another channel to add to Steve Bennett's very long line of failed channels.

I don't know Steve Bennett but in common with most successful entrepreneurs he has had a few failures along the way. That shouldn't detract from the absolutely phenomenal success he has had and the fact that he has probably employed hundreds of people in his businesses, made himself a ton of money along the way, and now wants to put a bit back and help some of the poorest people in the world. Perhaps Mr Insider you can enlighten the forum with your own personal success story which clearly involves never having made any mistakes or suffering any failure? How many jobs have you created? How much money have you donated to charity? How much of your own time and money have you dedicated to lifting people out of poverty?

Last edited:
Chad, well said. Some very pertinent comments and I agree it's easy to sit back, never try any new ventures ourselves and just snipe and criticise about what others do and if they fail at it. But it takes guts to put yourself (and your own money) on the line. Hopefully, like most of us, he's learnt from what went wrong, but I feel sure his intentions were good. A pity the venture didn't succeed. When you think of the 'sharks' that are daily appearing on our screens from certain other shopping channels, who seem to have no compunction at trying to mislead members of the public, reading out only part payments of prices as though it's the total price, etc. it makes your blood boil that they are even in jobs, while possibly some of the Equal World staff have no job security at present.

]I don't know Steve Bennett but in common with most successful entrepreneurs he has had a few failures along the way. That shouldn't detract from the absolutely phenomenal success he has had and the fact that he has probably employed hundreds of people in his businesses, made himself a ton of money along the way, and now wants to put a bit back and help some of the poorest people in the world. Perhaps Mr Insider you can enlighten the forum with your own personal success story which clearly involves never having made any mistakes or suffering any failure? How many jobs have you created? How much money have you donated to charity? How much of your own time and money have you dedicated to lifting people out of poverty?[/QUOTE]

Nice concept but poorly resourced and marketed. It was doomed to failure very quickly. I can think of a million of other ways to alleviate those in poverty. I have to say this venture in a shrinking shopping channel market was about the crappiest way to do it.

i hope the presenters i see on equal world get more work, and the crew.

presenters are youthful, maybe need more experience, but would rather see some young passionate presenter present, than some of the dinosaurs other channels have.

Always disappointing to learn that a channel is closing. This one had hope, but needed to promote the channel a lot more elsewhere and explain the concept a lot more. They were always implying that overheads were an issue, so I guess it makes sense to remove it from sky. Maybe they should buy some air time on The Mall etc to help keep the message out there.

Needed to have products and brands people recognised and wanted to buy. Looked at their shop, it was full of rather overpriced tat.

Poor presentation of products seem to be stuck behind the desk all the time as if they are scared to show the bottom half of there body. They needed to be more active with the selling of the products. Especially that Alex lady seemed to be glued behind her desk. Not surprising they are going.

Latest posts

Back