Bid Shopping aquired!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ryan91

Registered Shopper
So according to Wikipedia the Bid Shopping portfolio has been aquired ; Sit-Up, Bid TV, Price Drop, Bid Plus, Shop at Bid, Screenshop, Pricedropper, Speed Auction and Ocean Tree Trading.

I did a bit of google searching and it appears to be someone called Grant Miller - Grant's LinkedIn page also mentions how "My new company Bid Shopping Limited will re-launch this business and expand the products and spin-off sites too".

It also mentions it will be online and expand into selected TV broadcasting in the near future.

Interesting but he has a problem he has lost the freeview slot and Virgin will not issue a slot to a company who is not established so he is going to have to trade with a lot less views than the old company had.

Interesting Andy Hodgson & co didn't buy the business back instead of going into the stupid online games channel.

What you haven't mentioned Ryan is Grant Miller owns the Daily Sport which probably will explain where this channel will go.

The company is registered at 20-22 Wenlock Road N1.

I can't see anything on ofcom to suggest they have applied for a broadcasting licence yet.

Interesting but he has a problem he has lost the freeview slot and Virgin will not issue a slot to a company who is not established so he is going to have to trade with a lot less views than the old company had.

Interesting Andy Hodgson & co didn't buy the business back instead of going into the stupid online games channel.

What you haven't mentioned Ryan is Grant Miller owns the Daily Sport which probably will explain where this channel will go.

The company is registered at 20-22 Wenlock Road N1.

I can't see anything on ofcom to suggest they have applied for a broadcasting licence yet.

It will really be interesting to see what happens with this as time goes on! If it does start of solely online, I wonder if it'll hark back to the earlier days .... more focus on the interactivity between viewers and presenters/assistants etc.

I hope it also goes back to the funner style rather than the misleading hard sell it became at the end.

Nonetheless, looks like I'll need to brush up on the presenting skills and look out my old speed auction presenting video haha!

It will really be interesting to see what happens with this as time goes on! If it does start of solely online, I wonder if it'll hark back to the earlier days .... more focus on the interactivity between viewers and presenters/assistants etc.

I hope it also goes back to the funner style rather than the misleading hard sell it became at the end.

Nonetheless, looks like I'll need to brush up on the presenting skills and look out my old speed auction presenting video haha!

To be honest, I really no longer care. This business will be forever scraping the bottom of the barrel simply because 0f the people running it and the way they are running it and the lack of imagination or innovation in what is already a crowded/shrinking marketplace.

So according to Wikipedia the Bid Shopping portfolio has been aquired ; Sit-Up, Bid TV, Price Drop, Bid Plus, Shop at Bid, Screenshop, Pricedropper, Speed Auction and Ocean Tree Trading.

I did a bit of google searching and it appears to be someone called Grant Miller - Grant's LinkedIn page also mentions how "My new company Bid Shopping Limited will re-launch this business and expand the products and spin-off sites too".

It also mentions it will be online and expand into selected TV broadcasting in the near future.

The link to the new owners has been removed from Wikipedia from what I can see

I would like to see some kind of bid channel coming back as I really enjoyed watching them and despite all their foibles got some really good (and bad) buys! Trouble is, Shopping channels are a dying form, unless you're a big co like QVC or sell a niche products...jewellery or craft stuff, I think there's little point starting up..Suprised IW are still here tbh!

Yes shopping TV, in my opinion, is on borrowed time. We only have to Google and we'll get what we want from a shopping channel cheaper. Amazon are the way to go, fast free delivery, excellent customer service and most of all the products are cheaper. People don't want the added cost of TV air time, staffs wages, commercials, presenters, like I say, it's just my opinion. Bid TV were the worst, they had more fines off the Advertising Standards Authority than I've had hot dinners.............and I've had a lot of hot dinners.

Latest posts

Back