What rules and regs would you enforce if you were in QVC Personell department?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd zap the ones behind the scenes who put different colour descriptions on screen, that are not what the brand ambassador would call them, causing confusion.

I'd also zap the camera man/woman or whoever directs the cameras that show a still shot of a product, when an item is being shown in a different colour, and I don't get to see it properly.

I'd zap Richard Jackson, Debbie Flint and Jill Franks, just because I could.

I'd zap the two ladies from OPI who would rather talk about how many awards they have won, and what magazine OPI have been in lately, rather than insist the colours are shown on the model's hands, so I as the customer, get to see them, - and no, a sample on a plastic finger thingy does not cut the mustard.

I'd zap any presenter who keeps talking over the guest - however, the zapper would be broken very quickly due to overuse, especially if Sara Griffiths was presenting.

The zappers are a great idea - how quickly can they be installed?

I would also zap :-

Chloe every time she said "absolutely incredible indeed" looked at the monitor or mentioned her mum
Me hall every time he said "listen!"
Claire every time she says "mummy" and talks all girly
And Debbie Flint, just because she's Debbie Flint.

Not a wig, I don't believe - here's what she put in a blog not long after starting with QVC:

Thanks for that, but its generally a give away when wigs are worn that hair is never naturally pushed back off the face and is separated above the forehead - where you can see the hair underneath peeping through. Sorry, but I'm someone who can spot a wig a mile off, and even more so when a lady of colour is a wearer.

Can I add to my original list? Apologies if these have already been done, but I'd also zap..

*any female presenter who, during the beauty hours, tells you "I've been using this product since......" and then says EXACTLY the same thing during another hour featuring a different brand, but same product (thus prompting the age-old question: blimey, love, how big a face do you have?)

*any presenter who tells you to "buy 2 - or 3 - or 4" of the product - "and put them in your present drawer" (I know where I'd like to put them, and trust me it isn't..... "in my present drawer")

*Dale "I love myself" Franklin, when he smirks into the camera and acts flirty (thus proving there may be snow on the roof, but there's still a fire in the chimney....'scuse me, I'm just off to ring the Fire Brigade..)

*Dale "I love myself" Franklin once again, (a) in case the first zap wasn't enough and (b) on the grounds he may spontaneously combust with the hot air generated by all those adoring females who rush to the TV when he's on (in yer dreams, Dale, just keep taking the tablets...)

*Pippa, who seems to be wearing a black fright wig (or hair extensions giving a similar effect). Before zapping her, I would allow her to find out whether the role of Morticia in the remake of "The Addams Family", which she auditioned for recently, is hers.

QUOTE=thatu;802394]I'd zap DBF.
I'd zap Micael.
I'd zap the garden gnome.
I'd zap Julia when she's wearing a size small.
I'd zap mecharlie on any food or teddy bear show.
I'd zap anyone who wears their hair long and lank without any shaping.
I'd zap any item of clothing with a hint of an embellishment.
I'd zap all beauty hours after the obligatory one per day.[/QUOTE]

I'd zap Gill Gauntlett for wearing that gold top she had on yesterday which was surely borrowed from Jill Franks before she cut the shoulders out.
I'd zap Anne Dorrington because that hair is weird and she looks like a man.
I'd zap Claire Sutton's mummy talk as well.
I'd zap Charlie Brook because no one but no one can really be that smarmy - well maybe Catherine Huntley could give him a run for his money.
I'd zap Chef Michael so I could eat all the sausages yum yum.
One more, I'd zap Beverley Cressman who has a voice like those aliens on the old Smash adverts - "and they smash them all to pieces ha ha ha ha"

CC

I'd zap that blonde lady who sells the grippy things to fit on the soles of shoes.
She only took over this product last winter, and stamps about on the huge block of ice saying
'Each one has thousands and thousands and thousands of gripping surfaces!'

Nope. They don't. The product has a coil, no spikes. Coils have a single surface.

Not quite sure why this annoys me so much. Pedantry, probably. But I got so annoyed one day I wrote QVC a complaining email. Got their standard pat-on-head response. Then a week later blonde woman was mashing her coils again and chirruping 'thousands and thousands and thousands...'

:mysmilie_10:

I'd zap that blonde lady who sells the grippy things to fit on the soles of shoes.
She only took over this product last winter, and stamps about on the huge block of ice saying
'Each one has thousands and thousands and thousands of gripping surfaces!'

Nope. They don't. The product has a coil, no spikes. Coils have a single surface.

Not quite sure why this annoys me so much. Pedantry, probably. But I got so annoyed one day I wrote QVC a complaining email. Got their standard pat-on-head response. Then a week later blonde woman was mashing her coils again and chirruping 'thousands and thousands and thousands...'

:mysmilie_10:

Aaah! Q's ever open ears and eyes to the customer. Thanks for the laugh Crinkly.

Latest posts

Back