"And the Utterly Pointless Comment" Award goes to....Peter Simon!! - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam82 View Post
    Vibrapower is that all they sell and fashion trash ?
    Sometimes they sell vacuum cleaners and car cleaning kits, and those exercise bike things. And of course the Thomas Kinkaide masterpieces!
    Likes historymystery, shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    Muttley, I know..the colour of those smoothies makes me want to gag, and like your Mum I tend to avoid looking too closely! Nothing wrong with a home-made chicken and salad roll, but the way IW carry on you could be forgiven for thinking that all you need for optimum health is whatever comes out of the Nutriblaster. This is the danger of these people, acting as "experts" in every field, food, fashion, health & well-being, you name it Sadly, without responsible TV promotions, some people will believe that these blenders are a Magic Bullet and all you need to keep healthy, which is totally wrong.
    Yep, the advice they give is right out of order! It can lead the gulable up the garden path!................oh hang on a minute while I just get off my Sit N Cycle! My Nutriblast is ready.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    Muttley, I know..the colour of those smoothies makes me want to gag, and like your Mum I tend to avoid looking too closely! Nothing wrong with a home-made chicken and salad roll, but the way IW carry on you could be forgiven for thinking that all you need for optimum health is whatever comes out of the Nutriblaster. This is the danger of these people, acting as "experts" in every field, food, fashion, health & well-being, you name it Sadly, without responsible TV promotions, some people will believe that these blenders are a Magic Bullet and all you need to keep healthy, which is totally wrong.

You are absolutely right about the "experts". Some of the products they sell (which oh my God we absolutely could not live without) they say are just JML products which have a very small display in BHS or Robert Dyas. If they were that good they would be sold more widely. When it comes to health products this can be serious when they make allegations about how good the product is. On a more humerous note, the other day I was watching Mikey Boy Mason selling a mattress and he had a quote fron The Sleep Council! (probably why their product is so brilliant). I have never consulted them when buying a mattress although to be fair I never knew they existed.
    Likes historymystery, shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
    You are absolutely right about the "experts". Some of the products they sell (which oh my God we absolutely could not live without) they say are just JML products which have a very small display in BHS or Robert Dyas. If they were that good they would be sold more widely. When it comes to health products this can be serious when they make allegations about how good the product is. On a more humerous note, the other day I was watching Mikey Boy Mason selling a mattress and he had a quote fron The Sleep Council! (probably why their product is so brilliant). I have never consulted them when buying a mattress although to be fair I never knew they existed.
    He probably meant "The Style Council" the group from the nineties, looks like Barra Boy is still living in them.

Likes historymystery, Muttley liked this post