"And the Utterly Pointless Comment" Award goes to....Peter Simon!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Muttley, a Thermo-nuclear blaster, if you please. And why aren't you liquidising your lunch - good grief, there's a garden full of grass out there. Something in the newspaper this morning warning about not overdoing the liquidiser stuff, and using it to replace eating whole fruit and veges. Not good for health or digestive system if overdone (which I think we all knew, anyway). But still IW will seemingly be proclaiming it as the answer to all bodily ills and telling us you can put "everything" in it.

This thread should help me lose a bit of weight, it is putting me off my lunch. And no, it is not something green made from a nutriblaster!

Last edited:
I have literally just near wet myself laughing, the faces on him on that Vibrapower Disc :mysmilie_8: looked like he was having a Mastercation! It was hilarious! :mysmilie_13:

Last edited:
Muttley, a Thermo-nuclear blaster, if you please. And why aren't you liquidising your lunch - good grief, there's a garden full of grass out there. Something in the newspaper this morning warning about not overdoing the liquidiser stuff, and using it to replace eating whole fruit and veges. Not good for health or digestive system if overdone (which I think we all knew, anyway). But still IW will seemingly be proclaiming it as the answer to all bodily ills and telling us you can put "everything" in it.

Historymystery, my lunch today was a chicken and salad roll (home-made). Love to see what the machine would make of that! I must admit that I don't eat as much fruit and veg as I should (definitely could do better), and that these machines seem an easy way to get the vitamins easily but I think I will stick to eating proper fruit and veg. Also, whenever me and my mum go anywhere like Pret a Manger, they have these smoothies there and they are always a vile shade of green! She really hates to look at them and, in her words, "I bet that gives you a good clear out"!

This thread should help me lose a bit of weight, it is putting me off my lunch. And no, it is not something green made from a nutriblaster!

Me too, IW should hire him out as their own weight loss brand and call it "Peter Slimons, loose weight or your money back!" :mysmilie_14:

shopperholic, The image of Pete conjured up by your words is such that I feel the need to......lie down in a darkened room...I feel an attack of nausea coming on....
I have literally just near wet myself laughing, the faces on him on that Vibrapower Disc :mysmilie_8: looked like he was having a Mastercation! It was hilarious! :mysmilie_13:

Muttley, I know..the colour of those smoothies makes me want to gag, and like your Mum I tend to avoid looking too closely! Nothing wrong with a home-made chicken and salad roll, but the way IW carry on you could be forgiven for thinking that all you need for optimum health is whatever comes out of the Nutriblaster. This is the danger of these people, acting as "experts" in every field, food, fashion, health & well-being, you name it Sadly, without responsible TV promotions, some people will believe that these blenders are a Magic Bullet and all you need to keep healthy, which is totally wrong.

Muttley, I know..the colour of those smoothies makes me want to gag, and like your Mum I tend to avoid looking too closely! Nothing wrong with a home-made chicken and salad roll, but the way IW carry on you could be forgiven for thinking that all you need for optimum health is whatever comes out of the Nutriblaster. This is the danger of these people, acting as "experts" in every field, food, fashion, health & well-being, you name it Sadly, without responsible TV promotions, some people will believe that these blenders are a Magic Bullet and all you need to keep healthy, which is totally wrong.

Yep, the advice they give is right out of order! It can lead the gulable up the garden path!................oh hang on a minute while I just get off my Sit N Cycle! My Nutriblast is ready.

You are absolutely right about the "experts". Some of the products they sell (which oh my God we absolutely could not live without) they say are just JML products which have a very small display in BHS or Robert Dyas. If they were that good they would be sold more widely. When it comes to health products this can be serious when they make allegations about how good the product is. On a more humerous note, the other day I was watching Mikey Boy Mason selling a mattress and he had a quote fron The Sleep Council! (probably why their product is so brilliant). I have never consulted them when buying a mattress although to be fair I never knew they existed.

You are absolutely right about the "experts". Some of the products they sell (which oh my God we absolutely could not live without) they say are just JML products which have a very small display in BHS or Robert Dyas. If they were that good they would be sold more widely. When it comes to health products this can be serious when they make allegations about how good the product is. On a more humerous note, the other day I was watching Mikey Boy Mason selling a mattress and he had a quote fron The Sleep Council! (probably why their product is so brilliant). I have never consulted them when buying a mattress although to be fair I never knew they existed.

He probably meant "The Style Council" the group from the nineties, looks like Barra Boy is still living in them.

Latest posts

Back