Leg magic

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lisle

Registered Shopper
I'm waiting for a Leg Magic machine to arrive. I've read some of the reviews on the QVC web site and one person said that they could only manage three repetitions at first and had to build up to 100 over time.

On the tv demos, some poor bloke in the background must do at least a few thousand over the length of the programme and makes it look no effort at all. I'm wondering if he has a secret electric motor to keep him going?

Obviously if it were no effort then there would be no point in actually doing it apart from the calorie burning but I'm slightly concerned that I might do four and keel over with exhaustion.

Also one reviewer lost 4 inches from her hips. Being about the same size a Julia R, I'm now worried that size small will swamp me if I overdo the Leg Magic and I'll miss out on all the synthetic Christmas party frocks.

Has anyone got one? Any good or I have I just wasted a load of money?

My future mother in law has one!

I had a go on it a few weeks ago. Got to admit it made me giggle at how silly I looked doing it...but I could certainly feel it. I don't think it's designed to just keep going for ages on. I did it for about a minute and that was enough.

Would imagine it's the sort of thing to just do a minute or so a day on. Am actually quite tempted by one myself.

Must admit I was looking on ebay though, as I didn't fancy QVC's prices.

Well actually, I got mine for £21.99 from eBay hence the panic as there's no "30-day no quibble guarantee"!

i tried this in john lewis and it was superb. i walk a lot but still found that it worked muscles that i never knew i had. the one in john lewis looked a bit chunkier though than the one on qvc.and it cost the full £60 but they do deliver for free and it only takes a couple of days.

if you can do 10 reps at first you are darn good. enjoy!

I've got one and I can highly recommend it.....for hanging shirts on after you've ironed them - brilliant, it is!

I also think the swiss exercise balls make a great places to put jumpers on whilst you fold them. :59:

Seriously, the Leg magic is pretty good. I got into the habit of doing a minute on there and 10 minutes on a twist and tone disc and it did make a difference. Unfortunately, my routine was thrown out of the window after I hurt my ankle.

Might have to get the Leg Magic back into action!

Never buy into any of these fitness machines myself. Have the rather cliched vision of the item standing in a corner unused, taunting me.

I bought one a year or so ago and saw real results when I used it regularly, for a couple of months.

Sadly I abhor any form of exercise and havent used it for months, I am just not disciplined enough to maintain any fitness regime, Id much rather sit on my a*se with a bottle of vino :drink: Im afraid.:LOL:

Why oh why do we all get sucked into buying these machines which we are definately going to use everyday - this lasts for a couple of weeks or months if we are lucky then they end up in the corner of the room as a clothes horse or worse in the garage!! I think I have bought them all - my hubby has a job to get into the garage now.

Why oh why do we all get sucked into buying these machines which we are definately going to use everyday - this lasts for a couple of weeks or months if we are lucky then they end up in the corner of the room as a clothes horse or worse in the garage!! I think I have bought them all - my hubby has a job to get into the garage now.

I could not agree more, as we speak I have 2 (yes 2) pilates machines, 1 orbitrek, 1 ijoy ride, a nordic ski, a swiss ball, a mini trampoline, and numerous keep fit videos, I do actually use them, but it is a horrendous weakness of mine

I know - everytime another product comes on the tv you convince yourself that this time you REALLY will keep it up.......

We've had a gazelle glider stuck behind the lounge door for 2 years now. Its a PITA and we should get rid of it. We seem to fall for the old "this time we really will use it every night" every time - pilates performer, mini trampoline, old style gazelle glider, that Brenda Dygraff stepper thingy (whats it called again??) etc etc

I also have the gazelle in the spare room, the brenda stepper thingy in the bottom of the wardrobe, the abs/pilates type machine in the lounge, a ab swing, mini trampoline, 6 second abs + many more in the garage.....

Maybe we should have a competition to see who had the most unused fitness equipment?

I'm waiting for a Leg Magic machine to arrive. I've read some of the reviews on the QVC web site and one person said that they could only manage three repetitions at first and had to build up to 100 over time.

On the tv demos, some poor bloke in the background must do at least a few thousand over the length of the programme and makes it look no effort at all. I'm wondering if he has a secret electric motor to keep him going?

Obviously if it were no effort then there would be no point in actually doing it apart from the calorie burning but I'm slightly concerned that I might do four and keel over with exhaustion.

Also one reviewer lost 4 inches from her hips. Being about the same size a Julia R, I'm now worried that size small will swamp me if I overdo the Leg Magic and I'll miss out on all the synthetic Christmas party frocks.

Has anyone got one? Any good or I have I just wasted a load of money?

Hi Lisle, I have the Leg magic and can highly recommed it. I do 200 reps on it 4 times a week, but I do them in four lots of 50 at a time. You can fell your inner and outer thigh work immeditely, as you go in and out. It gets your heart pumping and you can really feel it in your legs as you are doing this.

I would say start of by doing 10 and see how your legs feel and keep building it up, you should feel it working straight away. Its trial and error really on what you can manage. Its just me personally, I do 200. Hope this helps.

I think with having all this exercise equipment maybe ladies you get fedup with them, because they do take up a lot of roomdont they and then each time you have to take them out your cupboardsand set them up. Luckily for me we are having a gym room built so all my equipment will be in there, cant wait. I have some of mine in my living room and I work out 4 times week without fail, but I am looking forward to having all the equipment in one room all layed out for me, so no yanking and pulling things out cupboards. I like the leg Magia as at the moment that is in a tidy corner in my kitchen and no real effort to get on for a couple of minutes.

Hi Lisle, I have the Leg magic and can highly recommed it. I do 200 reps on it 4 times a week, but I do them in four lots of 50 at a time. You can fell your inner and outer thigh work immeditely, as you go in and out. It gets your heart pumping and you can really feel it in your legs as you are doing this.

I would say start of by doing 10 and see how your legs feel and keep building it up, you should feel it working straight away. Its trial and error really on what you can manage. Its just me personally, I do 200. Hope this helps.

I love leg magic too, I think it's a great piece of equipment that really does work if you use it regularly and do it properly.

I agree with Dazzler that you should build up the reps, you'll see yourself progress really quickly too. Adding 10% on each week is a good way to make sure you keep progressing.

Another tip I would add is to only use the handle bar until you get used to the machine, don't use it once you have found your balance. You'll use more muscles trying to balance yourself so burn a little more calories and also help strengthen your core muscles too. Make sure you don't lock your knees either, keep them slightly soft.

I love leg magic too, I think it's a great piece of equipment that really does work if you use it regularly and do it properly.

I agree with Dazzler that you should build up the reps, you'll see yourself progress really quickly too. Adding 10% on each week is a good way to make sure you keep progressing.

Another tip I would add is to only use the handle bar until you get used to the machine, don't use it once you have found your balance. You'll use more muscles trying to balance yourself so burn a little more calories and also help strengthen your core muscles too. Make sure you don't lock your knees either, keep them slightly soft.

Thats a brilliant Tip Philosophy Girl re -dont use the handle bar, I will try that tomorrow. I bet it will make it harder but more calorie burning.

I've decided to move the leg magic into my kitchen so I can have a go on it in the morning whilst I wait for my OatsoSimple to cook in the microwave.

I was managing 1 minute at a time before but it's been a while since I got on it. Maybe I'll see what I feel comfortable with and build up

Latest posts

Back