QVC France Live

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I notice there is a list of ingredients in the Ultrasun products but we don't get that information in the UK. Maybe it's a legal requirement in France but it would be good if they gave us the same details.

I notice there is a list of ingredients in the Ultrasun products but we don't get that information in the UK. Maybe it's a legal requirement in France but it would be good if they gave us the same details.

It's one of my bugbears that the QVC website in UK has a very poor level of information compared with other QVC websites. I think it's more laziness than anything.

Interesting to see that Elizabeth Grant is one of QVC France's brands. I wonder if QVC are going to wrestle EG from Ideal World here now?

will the no nonsense french pay high postage costs.......... i doubt it

I couldn't see any p&p charges on the French website............. I may have missed them of course but I did look at a few items. Hmmm.

They have a nice feature we don't have - an instock indicator.

They only show the postage when you go into the basket - look for frais de livraison.

They also warn customers that if they don't confirm what's in their basket, it will be cleared out after 30 minutes.

What is VERY interesting - if you add multiple items to your basket - I "played" with a diamonique ring and a pair of holster sandals - the delivery charge doesn't change! So it looks like QVC can do capped postage... for our thrifty French cousins... but not for us!

It reinforces the impression I get that QVC in the UK needs a serious overhaul.

X

They only show the postage when you go into the basket - look for frais de livraison.

They also warn customers that if they don't confirm what's in their basket, it will be cleared out after 30 minutes.

What is VERY interesting - if you add multiple items to your basket - I "played" with a diamonique ring and a pair of holster sandals - the delivery charge doesn't change! So it looks like QVC can do capped postage... for our thrifty French cousins... but not for us!

So start a new venture in another country that is fair and keep to old ways in established country to save losing face.

Well how very odd. Personally I want to know my frais de livraison from the item page not faff about putting it in a basket etc etc. so I can see what it is. Also, if it is a fixed cost, you would think it would be clearly stated on the Livraison page!! Goodness they **** it up even on a new venture.

Well how very odd. Personally I want to know my frais de livraison from the item page not faff about putting it in a basket etc etc. so I can see what it is. Also, if it is a fixed cost, you would think it would be clearly stated on the Livraison page!! Goodness they **** it up even on a new venture.

If they are charging postage per basket - how could they do that on each product, though?

I added 3 different items from 3 different departments (jewellery, fashion and shoes) and the postage charge did not change... it was 6.95 euros whether I had one, two or three items in it.

I would say that, once you get used to it, it is no different to a lot of sites. But I do agree, that when they are doing the hard sell on the telly, you could be lured into making a single purchase (especially by phone) for one product and get hit with a P&P charge for each separate item that you buy.

In UK up front P&P is so important to us because of the disingenousness of hiding the fact that they are really no cheaper than elsewhere on far too many products.

QVC's main competitor in Europe may be HSE and they use a daily shipping charge (I think). I don't know whether HSE24.dr ships to France but maybe the HSE model has influenced the combined basket P&P on QVC France.

Well I only tried it with one small beauty item and the f de l was Euros 3.something. So perhaps it caps at 6.95 then. Hey ho, I shall leave it at that though cos it won't be affecting me! I am just sitting here waiting for my 3 double wicked world journeys YC candles which have been received by courier and should be en route. Yay!

QVC's main competitor in Europe may be HSE and they use a daily shipping charge (I think). I don't know whether HSE24.dr ships to France but maybe the HSE model has influenced the combined basket P&P on QVC France.

Wish it would influence QVC UK - and soon!

Wonder if they post to Spain. Thinking for Nail Varnish that Q won't send from Uk.

If you look at the frequently asked questions, no 17, it says that you will not be charged more than 6.95 euros in a single day up to 23.59, for postage. I think QVC customers in the UK will be very cross when they know this!

Latest posts

Back