QVC France Live - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: QVC France Live

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boffy View Post
    will the no nonsense french pay high postage costs.......... i doubt it
    I couldn't see any p&p charges on the French website............. I may have missed them of course but I did look at a few items. Hmmm.

Post Thanks / Like

They have a nice feature we don't have - an instock indicator.

They only show the postage when you go into the basket - look for frais de livraison.

They also warn customers that if they don't confirm what's in their basket, it will be cleared out after 30 minutes.

What is VERY interesting - if you add multiple items to your basket - I "played" with a diamonique ring and a pair of holster sandals - the delivery charge doesn't change! So it looks like QVC can do capped postage... for our thrifty French cousins... but not for us!

It reinforces the impression I get that QVC in the UK needs a serious overhaul.
    Thanks candycane thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

X
    Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post

They only show the postage when you go into the basket - look for frais de livraison.

They also warn customers that if they don't confirm what's in their basket, it will be cleared out after 30 minutes.

What is VERY interesting - if you add multiple items to your basket - I "played" with a diamonique ring and a pair of holster sandals - the delivery charge doesn't change! So it looks like QVC can do capped postage... for our thrifty French cousins... but not for us!

So start a new venture in another country that is fair and keep to old ways in established country to save losing face.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post

Well how very odd. Personally I want to know my frais de livraison from the item page not faff about putting it in a basket etc etc. so I can see what it is. Also, if it is a fixed cost, you would think it would be clearly stated on the Livraison page!! Goodness they **** it up even on a new venture.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Well how very odd. Personally I want to know my frais de livraison from the item page not faff about putting it in a basket etc etc. so I can see what it is. Also, if it is a fixed cost, you would think it would be clearly stated on the Livraison page!! Goodness they **** it up even on a new venture.
    If they are charging postage per basket - how could they do that on each product, though?

I added 3 different items from 3 different departments (jewellery, fashion and shoes) and the postage charge did not change... it was 6.95 euros whether I had one, two or three items in it.

I would say that, once you get used to it, it is no different to a lot of sites. But I do agree, that when they are doing the hard sell on the telly, you could be lured into making a single purchase (especially by phone) for one product and get hit with a P&P charge for each separate item that you buy.

In UK up front P&P is so important to us because of the disingenousness of hiding the fact that they are really no cheaper than elsewhere on far too many products.

Post Thanks / Like

QVC's main competitor in Europe may be HSE and they use a daily shipping charge (I think). I don't know whether HSE24.dr ships to France but maybe the HSE model has influenced the combined basket P&P on QVC France.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I only tried it with one small beauty item and the f de l was Euros 3.something. So perhaps it caps at 6.95 then. Hey ho, I shall leave it at that though cos it won't be affecting me! I am just sitting here waiting for my 3 double wicked world journeys YC candles which have been received by courier and should be en route. Yay!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post
    QVC's main competitor in Europe may be HSE and they use a daily shipping charge (I think). I don't know whether HSE24.dr ships to France but maybe the HSE model has influenced the combined basket P&P on QVC France.
    Wish it would influence QVC UK - and soon!
    Likes Tangle foot liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if they post to Spain. Thinking for Nail Varnish that Q won't send from Uk.

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at the frequently asked questions, no 17, it says that you will not be charged more than 6.95 euros in a single day up to 23.59, for postage. I think QVC customers in the UK will be very cross when they know this!
    Likes candycane liked this post