Adina

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

falcon

Registered Shopper
could Adina wear a top that covers them up?

if she continues to get over excited, it'll be a whole different channel šŸ˜

falcon, you must have been watching at the same time as me!! Gordon Bennett (or Steve Bennett, whichever you prefer..) she does love to put herself on display, doesn't she? When she leaned forward, I watched out for my eyes. She's always been rather prone to letting it all hang out, and there's a line between low-cut and exposure, which I think she crosses too often. Obviously, you expect the female presenters to wear evening dresses - in the evening slot Rachel Hatton often looks quite beautiful, in my view, in low-cut tops or dresses but she doesn't overdo it, and she has the perfect figure for it, whereas Adina...well, she's rather matronly, and I'll leave it there! I find Adina rather puzzling. Her hair often looks as though she's spent the night on a park bench, I can't stand her style of presenting, where she never finishes a sentence, snuffles and gulps and changes subject in mid-conversation, also hate her habits of rubbing her nose and/or scratching her head before handling the jewellery (I don't want that piece, thanks!). I think she's similar in one respect to Claire Sutton of QVC - she likes the attention, and is from the "I'm so lovely, and I want you to REALLY look at me" school, hence the silly giggling and attention-grabbing dress (or almost a dress). Quite honestly, I thought the look was really cheap and tacky the other night, and think someone at Gems should have been kind and told her.

could Adina wear a top that covers them up?

if she continues to get over excited, it'll be a whole different channel ��

GEMS memory: Dropping a pendant down my top and taking about ten minutes to fish it out. Very embarrassing on live tv!

Well there you go!

she overdoes it completely.

only seems to have 4 tops:

one she has on today's show.

the over the top one last night.

the flowery one.

the one that only covers her right shoulder.

Last edited:
Oh yes, I remember this quote on the Gems Presenters' Page! Yes, it really does speak volumes, doesn't it? Put them away, we've all seen them by now! As I said before, I find her a bit of a strange character, attention-seeking and contradictory (going on about hubby and kids one minute, then leaning further and further forward the next). Probably a few comments in the playground next day!

GEMS memory: Dropping a pendant down my top and taking about ten minutes to fish it out. Very embarrassing on live tv!

Well there you go!

She's an attractive woman, and could look lovely in some more appropriate clothes (containing a bit more fabric(!) - and preferably not all black, which she seems to wear most of the time). Some of the other Gems presenters - like Lynn Jinks, Rachel Hatton, Liv Edmonds and Ruth Linnett - wear outfits that are often very simple designs, but which are in lovely colours, fabrics and styles that are flattering to them. Those one-shoulder dresses are awful unless they are very well-fitted to the individual's body, they look old-fashioned, and she's constantly pulling at the top to keep it up, which is not a good look on TV. Cheap and nasty. It's such a pity someone behind the scenes at Gems doesn't have a gentle word with her, tell her to cover up a bit more, stop putting it on display because we've all seen it by now, and wear some more flattering designs and colours.

she overdoes it completely.L

only seems to have 4 tops:

one she has on today's show.

the over the top one last night.

the flowery one.

the one that only covers her right shoulder.

Last edited:
I don't watch Gems, they make QVC look polite, calm and collected. As for the chesticles on show, Claire "cleavage" Sutton had her boobies on show more than usual when doing a Sketchers show a few weeks back, every time she bent down (and she bent down a lot, just in case we missed her boobs the first time) and I honestly thought they were going to make a guest appearance and hit the floor...........oh the shame.

:mysmilie_14::shopperholic, love it! Claire Sutton and Adina are obviously from the same "let it all hang out" presenting school! I've seen Claire displaying her assets(!) and I'm sure Adina's WILL hit the desk one day, or her top will just split right open. If you didn't see her on the night that falcon & I did, well...what can I say? It needed 2 desks, not one, to contain it all, plus a camera with a larger lens!! All jokes aside, I still can't believe someone behind the scenes didn't say something (I'd make a joke about the other person needing to be well behind the scenes, in order to get out of the way, but that's a bit obvious!). Surely the presenters themselves, or someone behind the scenes, has a look before they start their stint? Agree with what you say about some of the presenters TALKING QUIETLY (Not), but if you like loose gemstones, do you ever watch their Gem Collector channel instead? Alex McKay often presents Gem Collector and he's great, no shouting, no hysterics, just calm and friendly and he's so knowledgeable about the gemstones. I often watch him not to buy, but just to pick up more information about the gemstones themselves, and he really interacts well with viewers, if you are looking for a particular gemstone, certain price, etc. just e-mail him direct while he's on screen and he'll try his best to find it and put it on during the hour or the next hour. Ace presenter, I wish he also appeared on Gems as well.

PS: Adina's just finished her shift, and new female presenter has come on. This one looks really classy, beautiful electric blue blouse, what a difference.

I don't watch Gems, they make QVC look polite, calm and collected. As for the chesticles on show, Claire "cleavage" Sutton had her boobies on show more than usual when doing a Sketchers show a few weeks back, every time she bent down (and she bent down a lot, just in case we missed her boobs the first time) and I honestly thought they were going to make a guest appearance and hit the floor...........oh the shame.

Last edited:
ah historymystery, the one you're referring to is Kate McCarthy (formally Gilbert)

she is classy

Me and my mum love it when she is on. We have previously thought that she was going to explode with excitement! I love the half finished sentences; I have always assumed she is getting info in her earpiece and she keeps veering off in a different direction. And we always laugh at the clothes, lets just say she appears to have a limited wardrobe! The off the shoulder top isn't really appropriate. And I love the over excitement and what looks to be like cheap cr&p; but I am no jewellery expert. I just like to wear a little bit of it!

Gawd, I hope she doesn't explode! That 'ain't going to be pretty if it does happen!! I thought it was going to happen the other night, when everything was hanging out, shall we say....but phew! narrow escape. What I can't understand is why she doesn't vary her wardrobe a bit more - it can't exactly be a badly-paid job, and she's been with Gems so long I guess she must be selling well, so presumably earning commission or getting a dress allowance? The other regular evening presenter, Rachel Hatton, usually looks really attractive - love or loathe Rachel's presenting style, at least they aren't on display half way across the desk, and she does wear some classy outfits.

Me and my mum love it when she is on. We have previously thought that she was going to explode with excitement! I love the half finished sentences; I have always assumed she is getting info in her earpiece and she keeps veering off in a different direction. And we always laugh at the clothes, lets just say she appears to have a limited wardrobe! The off the shoulder top isn't really appropriate. And I love the over excitement and what looks to be like cheap cr&p; but I am no jewellery expert. I just like to wear a little bit of it!

falcon, you're right, but Adina could help herself by not wearing such plunging necklines - especially without proper, (cough) support in the bodice area, which might help! You'd think that if she finds it difficult to buy off-the-peg, on her salary she could afford to have a few things custom-made, wouldn't you? I honestly don't think she's unaware of it - she comes across as more attention-seeking and giggly than even some of the Q presenters - as I've said on previous posts, she very much reminds me of Claire Sutton of Q in that respect. Full of herself (and talking of full...........there should be a H & S warning given.....)

Rachel's probably lucky she isn't as "well endowed" as adina

Latest posts

Back