Alpha-H TSV 13/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ani

Registered Shopper
Last edited:
Oh disappointed with that then :( Dont like the Triple action cleanser and wouldn't use the eye cream.

I think an eye cream with SPF is a good idea, especially because the Alpha-H people always emphasize the importance of an SPF in your daily skin care routine. Up to know, from the cleansers I only know the Balancing one, which I like very much because it doesn't strip my skin, and I am looking forward to trying a differnet one. The Liquid Gold, well, has there ever been a TSV without it?

I was hoping for a Liquid Laser TSV to e honest, or one with one of the serums in it, but it seems to be like with Liz Earle, where I was hoping (and still am!) for a Superskin TSV ony to learn it will be a set with the regular moisturiser again.

Nevertheless, that's two TSVs for me, Elemis at the mere end of the month and Alpha-H in August. :)

This is my favourite cleanser but I doubt they will include a half litre cleanser in a TSV.
I've read the chat and how rude of DF to jump in out of the blue like a troll in a box inviting people to join her on Benrfit hour.

Sounds good, SPF in eye creams is hard to find so I'd like to try that.

I kinda wish they'd do a 4 or 5 item TSV like they've done in the past, a complete routine. These 3 item TSVs are always great value, but they don't feel as special.

I use alpha h spf 50 from another tsv all over my face including around the eyes and it works a treat

I use alpha h spf 50 from another tsv all over my face including around the eyes and it works a treat

I would use their SPF50 moisturiser, but the PUMP!!!!! It's completely disintegrated - I've got loads of moisturiser with its SPF50 trapped inside, and no way to get it out :mysmilie_51::headbang:

I'm even contemplating getting myself a hacksaw to break into the container!!

Last edited:
This is my favourite cleanser but I doubt they will include a half litre cleanser in a TSV.
I don't know why, but was thinking of 250ml cleanser, which is rubbish. Of course you are right, no 500ml cleanser in a TSV. Well then, maybe it will be the Balancing Cleanser then?

I could do with some more liquid gold, I wouldn't use the eye cream, but if there is a cleanser I might be tempted...

I would use their SPF50 moisturiser, but the PUMP!!!!! It's completely disintegrated - I've got loads of moisturiser with its SPF50 trapped inside, and no way to get it out :mysmilie_51::headbang:

I'm even contemplating getting myself a hacksaw to break into the container!!
Mine is still going strong. I posted some of Michelle's videos a while ago, one video was on how to manage those pumps. The thread is called Alpha H if you are interested

Mine is still going strong. I posted some of Michelle's videos a while ago, one video was on how to manage those pumps. The thread is called Alpha H if you are interested

I've seen it, thanks Marina :happy:

It doesn't really help with my gripe though - I seriously dislike the pump dispensers I've experienced on Alpha H products, and the set I bought back in December last year
Alpha-H 2 Piece 24 Hour Skin Hydration Essentials ... both in the same format dispensers.

The one that is knackered is this http://www.qvcuk.com/Alpha-H-Daily-Essential-Moisturiser-SPF-50-50ml.product.220152.html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-220152

It is so frustrating as there is still over 1/2 the contents in there and I just can't get at it!

It doesn't really help with my gripe though - I seriously dislike the pump dispensers I've experienced on Alpha H products, and the set I bought back in December last year
Alpha-H 2 Piece 24 Hour Skin Hydration Essentials ... both in the same format dispensers.

The one that is knackered is this http://www.qvcuk.com/Alpha-H-Daily-Essential-Moisturiser-SPF-50-50ml.product.220152.html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-220152

It is so frustrating as there is still over 1/2 the contents in there and I just can't get at it!

Why not order this one and send yours back? It may have the same problem or may not, but I didn't say anything. BTW this bottle can be opened with a knife or scissors where the 'head' is attached to the 'body', I have opened and reused many of those, albeit not alpha h bottles as never had one.

The one that is knackered is this http://www.qvcuk.com/Alpha-H-Daily-....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-220152

Why don't you open the creams and put the contents into another tub or something? By the way, in pharmacies they sell refill-tubes, maybe that's a possibilty?

Why don't you open the creams and put the contents into another tub or something? By the way, in pharmacies they sell refill-tubes, maybe that's a possibilty?

It's like getting into fort knox! It's not only the outside air they're keeping out - it's me!

All my experiences with Alpha H are that I love the product - but their pumps are all completely rubbish! In one of her videos, Michelle even addresses the complaints about the tube with a pump and explains how to use it. It's become a real issue for me in deciding which of their products I would repurchase. Liquid Gold is fine. Liquid Laser is fine as it is a pipette. Cleansers OK if in a squeezable tube. Pumps - err... no thanks.

I really am not joking when I say I'm contemplating using a hacksaw to break into the pot...

Lordy yes maymorganlondon, I sigh when I receive one of their products in anything other than a bottle or squeezey tube like the cleansers. I hate pumps anyway, they're so wasteful in any brand, at least with a tube you can squeeze every last bit out, those pumps leave so much product inside that you can't get to.

Lordy yes maymorganlondon, I sigh when I receive one of their products in anything other than a bottle or squeezey tube like the cleansers. I hate pumps anyway, they're so wasteful in any brand, at least with a tube you can squeeze every last bit out, those pumps leave so much product inside that you can't get to.

So... I'll be popping into a Wickes near me, to get a little hacksaw. I used to have one, but it disappeared during one of my DIY phases. It sounds ridiculous, doesn't it...? But it's ideal for this time of year to wear a moisturising SPF, and I can feel how much is left in the pot. The other tub (at the risk of tempting fate) is working OK. I knew the jig was up with the Daily Essential Moisturiser when I took off the outer lid, and the dispenser nozzle flew off like a jack-in-a-box making a bid for freedom. I can't get it back together again, and it never worked particularly well from day one... I should have realised my relationship with this little pot was doomed from the moment I opened it and lost the little "plug' to keep air out of even the aperture in the dispenser nozzle. :mysmilie_512:

I hack sawed into a pump a while ago for a pharmaceutical product only to discover that the pump was so efficient that there was only a tiny bit of product left in it. Took quite a lot of sawing to get in too!

I'm getting impatient about any news on this TSV, apologies for asking too early.

I posted before from Tom on Facebook that the TSV will include the new eyecream with spf, Liquid Gold and a cleanser.:)

By the way, also on Facebook they said that they are working on the Microcleanse to remove the microplastic in the formulation. That's good news!:)

Latest posts

Back