Leonie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MIKE040249

Registered Shopper
It's my wife who's the C&C fan in my house; she particularly likes Sarah Millsop. Often, Leonie is the presenter but my wife keeps asking the same question:

"Exactly what does Leonie actually DO from a craft point of view?"

Harsh or not?

It's my wife who's the C&C fan in my house; she particularly likes Sarah Millsop. Often, Leonie is the presenter but my wife keeps asking the same question:

"Exactly what does Leonie actually DO from a craft point of view?"

Harsh or not?

I'm not a massive fan but that's a bit harsh. She has been crafting for a very long time and does do shows on her tod where she crafts off the hoof.

Because she has been crafting for a very long time does not mean anything IMO
Surely like guests they also get time to prepare for shows/demonstrations and after all it is her job which she has chosen
So no I do not think it is harsh or very harsh

Because she has been crafting for a very long time does not mean anything IMO
Surely like guests they also get time to prepare for shows/demonstrations and after all it is her job which she has chosen
So no I do not think it is harsh or very harsh

It's harsh because she does do a lot - at least as much as a presenter can do whilst presenting as well.

Hi Mike

I thought I would pop on and answer you personally. At C&C we have guests and presenters. It's the guests job to demonstrate the product, inspire us and hopefully bring along lovely samples so we can see what can be made.
I am a presenter. A presenters job, is to literally present the show. This entails giving the guest someone to bounce off, allowing the guest time to set up between demonstrations, and also informing viewers how to buy and what we are showing. I am aware some presenters may want to get involved in the demonstrations - personally I do not like to do this with Sarah's show. The show isn't about me learning to make jewellery, it's about the viewers being able to pick up idea's from Sarah, and this is what I try and allow her to do.
Although I have been crafting for years, and still love to do so, as a presenter this quite simply, isn't my role. I would most definitely like more opportunities to do shows where I could actually get stuck in and craft - but this does not happen that often at all. Sometimes it may be beneficial for the show if the presenter also joins in, but a presenter has to be aware that they do not be-little their guest - or make the show into a personal class which becomes all about them.
I do indeed get time to prep a show, popcorn, but demonstrating isn't actually my job. As stated, I would like to do more, but often people complain enough about presenters thinking shows are all about them - I would feel taking over and demonstrating whilst my guest is trying to demonstrate would annoy people, and also be quite rude to my guest.
I hope this answers your question.
Kind regards
Leonie

Well said Leonie. I for one enjoy watching you. You make me smile in a world where there really isn't
always much to smile about.

Hello Leonie

Well, first of all, I'm very grateful to you for coming on here and addressing my original post. Many wouldn't, so total respect to you and thanks very much.

In our house, we watch a lot of craft TV. My wife is the enthusiast, I do as I'm told! However, even I, as someone watching casually, knows that Leonie is an extremely experienced crafter. We appreciate, too, the fact that you're in the presenter's seat and that this limits what you do, or can do. Perhaps it seems a bit of a waste that you, albeit not necessarily in Sarah's show (my wife's favourite by the way), cannot use your extensive experience more. I suppose you're really a crafter/presenter compared with other of your presenter colleagues there who are just that - presenters.

However, you have explained your position very clearly and I absolutely take everything on board.

Once again many thanks for posting and very best wishes,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you, I must admit a lot of presenters avoid coming on the forums (myself included), as some comments can be a little hurtful - however now and again I do have a nosy! I agree that sometimes it does feel a little bit of a waste when I do just "present", but at times a guest will enjoy working with a crafty person who they can bounce off. Mind you, that said, I think all the C&C presenters are skilled and offer different strengths. Often, I'm not going to lie, I do want to just get stuck in, nick the stamps, and run :)

Take care, and enjoy those craft shows.

Kind regards,

Leonie

Well done to Leonie for coming on here and posting, not many others would :)

Oh I miss Leonie. I hope she's back on our screens very soon. Hope she's heading towards The Craft Channel as they look more promising than Hochanda and all the past presenters from QVC crafts seem to be headed that way. Wish her well and continued success wherever she is.

Was wondering what happened to her, as I've missed her chattering, and bubbly personality. Best wishes to her for the future

She has left create and craft. I've just been on her blog. She is doing a countdown until she can return to our screens, she says this should be February....what do you reckon, Craft Telly or Hochanda?

Latest posts

Back