STILL Christmas in 'Flippin July & the so-called 'Gems Logo'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
:mysmilie_51:Just switched on and seen that Gems are on the 2nd day of the ruddy Christmas in July event! When will it end? I wouldn't mind, but prices look about the same to me, if not even higher. This is just ridiculous, I think Steve Bennett & Co. have had a rush of blood to the head and taken leave of their collective senses lately. Last week, there was a big build-up, saying "we've got a big surprise later on", "Steve & Sarah Bennett are going to make a BIG announcement in 10 minutes", etc. etc.on and on.. And what was the ruddy outcome? The unveiling of a coat of arms for Gems TV, which is now on their website! Er, great...but (a) it's somewhat pretentious and self-congratulatory (b) does it signify anything in the REAL world? (c) what's in it for the customers, who keep them in business buying their jewellery? and (d) we're told that the Bear on the coat of arms represents Worcestershire.......er, why - when their company is based in Warwickshire? Am I missing something here, or is it all a bit silly and pretentious?:mysmilie_10:

I can't watch Gems, some of the female presenters may as well put there knockers on the table for all to see, their tops are that low. I only briefly, and I mean briefly, catch a look (at the channel, not the chesticles) when messing with my Sky remote pressing up, up, to see whats on during ad breaks, to hear them at Gems ranting to an excited fever pitch so high whilst selling a £14.99 silver ring, that I'm sure they must have paramedics on stand by, how they're still going is anyone's guess (could have something to do with the chesticles) because the one piece of "jewellery" I bought years ago was nothing short of tat.

shopperholic, yes, they have been well on display over the past weeks! Main culprit = yes, Adina, that means you!. Unfortunately, Gems lost the only 2 presenters who could be relied on not to screech and shout - Fiona Egan and her partner, Scott Worsfold. Very sad, as Scott was a brilliant presenter, very funny and witty but also full of knowledge - he was good to listen to, even if you didn't want to buy. Steve Bennett should have moved the earth to keep him on side, but you got the feeling Scott had had enough of it. Sadly, the latest crop of presenters are not in the same league and several good 'long established' presenters - like Rae Carpenter and Ruth Linnett - get moved to Rocks, the American channel. Seems they are more anxious to keep the US channel on side, and Gems gets what's left (exception to this is Liv Edmunds, who is crazy as a box of frogs but a laugh and keeps the volume down).
I can't watch Gems, some of the female presenters may as well put there knockers on the table for all to see, their tops are that low. I only briefly, and I mean briefly, catch a look (at the channel, not the chesticles) when messing with my Sky remote pressing up, up, to see whats on during ad breaks, to hear them at Gems ranting to an excited fever pitch so high whilst selling a £14.99 silver ring, that I'm sure they must have paramedics on stand by, how they're still going is anyone's guess (could have something to do with the chesticles) because the one piece of "jewellery" I bought years ago was nothing short of tat.

Last edited:
shopperholic, yes, they have been well on display over the past weeks! Main culprit = yes, Adina, that means you!. Unfortunately, Gems lost the only 2 presenters who could be relied on not to screech and shout - Fiona Egan and her partner, Scott Worsfold. Very sad, as Scott was a brilliant presenter, very funny and witty but also full of knowledge - he was good to listen to, even if you didn't want to buy. Steve Bennett should have moved the earth to keep him on side, but you got the feeling Scott had had enough of it. Sadly, the latest crop of presenters are not in the same league and several good 'long established' presenters - like Rae Carpenter and Ruth Linnett - get moved to Rocks, the American channel. Seems they are more anxious to keep the US channel on side, and Gems gets what's left (exception to this is Liv Edmunds, who is crazy as a box of frogs but a laugh and keeps the volume down).

I agree, from what I seen of Scott he was ok, him leaving is definitely their loss, hope he's gone on to better things.........wouldn't be hard though eh.

shopperholic, you're right as usual - I understand he's doing his own private stuff, running a training business and also freelancing as a presenter/facilitator. Having watched for an hour today and seen Christmas in July for the 3rd day(!) - and they are trying to sell £2,999 plus jewellery, words simply fail. Of course we all pay £2,999 for one Xmas gift, don't we? Buy one for the kids' teacher, put one in your present drawer, etc. etc. etc.
QUOTE=shopperholic;808017]I agree, from what I seen of Scott he was ok, him leaving is definitely their loss, hope he's gone on to better things.........wouldn't be hard though eh.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back