How stupid and gullible do you think viewers are?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This morning Carmel was tying herself in knots trying to explain why they are able to sell sleeping beauty turquoise even though the mine has been closed for years making it rare and highly sought after .

Apparently ,Tjc did a deal with someone who owns it 10 years ago for the supply ,and that person was not to know what would happen to the mine ie being closed, so has to honour their contract.

It still doesn't explain how there seems to be huge amounts of the stuff being able to be sold in themed hours and days on TJC. Carmel explained the shows are few and far between but that isn't the case.

This morning alone there were bangles with around 10 fair sized stones in both silver and gold overlay. That doesn't say to me the stone is rare. It's marketing.......Same with Tanzanite.

Last edited:
It's a laugh, isn't it when they do this! I suppose a few people have made comments on the website, and the presenters try to pre-empt even more people thinking the same, by coming up with one of a variety of cock-and-bull stories. It's quite an education listening to what they say, what reason they come up with that there are about 5,000 tons of the stuff on every week, and selling quite cheaply at that. If it was truly rare, it would have been stockpiled by someone and TJC would not be selling it off at the prices they do, so again it's an insult to the viewers intelligence, like so much rubbish they spout. I quite like the Sleeping Beauty Turquoise pieces on selly telly, but because I already have an antique ring with what looks like SB turquoise in it I haven't sported out for any (there are no 'veins' in the turquoise stones of my ring, just plain blue turquoise, so I guess it is what passed for SB turquoise 100-odd years ago!). Funny thing, I took a few things to be valued recently, and when the jeweller had valued this particular ring, I mentioned how the lack of inclusions made it look like the modern-day SB turquoise that they sell on shopping telly. He just gave me A LOOK over the top of his specs and said words to the effect "and I bet they've told you how rare it is, haven't they, because that's what they say about everything". Obviously not a fan of shopping telly!! And of course Gems are selling it as well, so how rare is rare these days?

This morning Carmel was tying herself in knots trying to explain why they are able to sell sleeping beauty turquoise even though the mine has been closed for years making it rare and highly sought after .

Apparently ,Tjc did a deal with someone who owns it 10 years ago for the supply ,and that person was not to know what would happen to the mine ie being closed, so has to honour their contract.

It still doesn't explain how there seems to be huge amounts of the stuff being able to be sold in themed hours and days on TJC. Carmel explained the shows are few and far between but that isn't the case.

This morning alone there were bangles with around 10 fair sized stones in both silver and gold overlay. That doesn't say to me the stone is rare. It's marketing.......Same with Tanzanite.

Latest posts

Back