Who Is this new presenter on tonight

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Adam82

Registered Shopper
Who on earth is this bimbo presenter on rocks and co tonight ? This channel is getting worse and worse just shut it down. Awful I'm afraid ladies and gentlemen, too many jewellery channels, no wonder mines are running out of rock gems.

Probably one of the others has got the boot and this is her replacement - presenters on that channel come and go like crazy. The only ones who have stayed the course are the dreadful, patronising Cherry, who is the daughter of one of the owners (surprise! surprise!), and "The Shriek", aka Vicky. They have parted company with so many presenters in the past, even an ex-Gems man, Alan, who was a very competent presenter, very calm and good to watch (so he had to go, of course!!). All they had, the last time I watched, were the shouty, hair-flicking, squeaky-voiced bimbos. You're right - it should be closed down, it's like car crash telly.
Who on earth is this bimbo presenter on rocks and co tonight ? This channel is getting worse and worse just shut it down. Awful I'm afraid ladies and gentlemen, too many jewellery channels, no wonder mines are running out of rock gems.

I totally agree with both posts. Used to love watching Alan, anyone know what he is doing now? All I can say is, if John Scott goes, I for one wont bother tuning in, and I really doubt the channel would last very long without him.

Am I right in thinking they only have one male presenter?

Maybe they feel that blokes cannot pull off the ''shocked face'' when they try to imply that a £200,000 ring has been brought down to £199 (but of course that's just for ''entertainment purposes'' :wink:)

mr tom, yes you are right. John Scott is the only "survivor", and I only watch him for a few minutes because he gets on my nerves at times with his excessively camp act! Mark Rigby and Alan Miller were the males who "disappeared" some time ago - Alan was a darn good presenter, no shouting or hand waving tactics and very knowledgeable - he'd worked at Gems before - and Mark wasn't bad, either. I think you're right, the females are acting all the time, faux open-mouthed amazement and bug-eyes, and this seems to be what they want, rather than a calm personality and actual knowledge of what they are selling! The bimbos know nothing, and often the bits of info. they give are completely wrong. The other jewellery channels must be laughing their heads off at some of the things they say. :headbang:

Am I right in thinking they only have one male presenter?

Maybe they feel that blokes cannot pull off the ''shocked face'' when they try to imply that a £200,000 ring has been brought down to £199 (but of course that's just for ''entertainment purposes'' :wink:)

mr tom, yes you are right. John Scott is the only "survivor", and I only watch him for a few minutes because he gets on my nerves at times with his excessively camp act! Mark Rigby and Alan Miller were the males who "disappeared" some time ago - Alan was a darn good presenter, no shouting or hand waving tactics and very knowledgeable - he'd worked at Gems before - and Mark wasn't bad, either. I think you're right, the females are acting all the time, faux open-mouthed amazement and bug-eyes, and this seems to be what they want, rather than a calm personality and actual knowledge of what they are selling! The bimbos know nothing, and often the bits of info. they give are completely wrong. The other jewellery channels must be laughing their heads off at some of the things they say. :headbang:

whenever I have watched it, it comes across like they are desparate for me to believe that ''don kogen'' is a god of buying gems.... but not after this current batch goes. It has to be right now! (until the next auction)

What they never tell you is what happened to the Diniz Brothers, Tony & Tenner, who were the "gem Gurus" - mentioned all the time, far more than Don Kogen ever was, and Tony, in particular, frequently appeared guesting on the shows. According to John Scott, Tony Diniz had quite a cult following. Both Diniz Brothers had quite a high standing in the gem world, apparently, and Tony Diniz had been commissioned to source the gemstones currently used in the Miss World Crown, amongst other prestige gemstone commissions. But nothing's mentioned or heard of them now, nor about Gavin Lindsell, who was also heavily involved with gemstone sourcing for Rocks & Co. It may be there was some falling out there, but nobody seems to last on this channel, it's the TV channel equivalent of a revolving door. Only the occasional hair flicking, shrieking blonde presenter remains.

whenever I have watched it, it comes across like they are desparate for me to believe that ''don kogen'' is a god of buying gems.... but not after this current batch goes. It has to be right now! (until the next auction)

Last edited:
Gosh sake stop complaing about low prices presenters, honestly we not made with money. STOP doing high end jewellery we won't buy high end jewellery on shopping channels.

Adam, I agree - this constant harping about how "ridiculously low" their prices are, and telling you that you "just must" buy a piece of jewellery costing about five grand, because it's a bargain, is a joke. If I was going to spend five grand on a piece of jewellery, for sure I wouldn't buy it via a TV screen, and I'd want to negotiate a bit more off than Rocks & Co, give you! We know the high end stuff doesn't sell - I flick over to Rocks about 3 times a day top whack, for just a couple of minutes, and I see the same high-end stuff coming back again and again; they tell you they only have one of that high-end item, and each time it appears they imply it's been sold, but the same supposedly one-off piece appears again and again! Either it didn't sell, or people keep returning it for a refund!

Gosh sake stop complaing about low prices presenters, honestly we not made with money. STOP doing high end jewellery we won't buy high end jewellery on shopping channels.

Last edited:
Ohhhh received mine and I've just been to Madagascar lol is that the place ....now I bet you're all green with envy :mysmilie_17:

Very pleased with it all and as I said will enjoy every minute until next year ........I've just used the soap and I sat there thinking ...where's that lovely smell coming from :giggle: ,ohhhhh nice love it

Latest posts

Back