Adina, please get on with it!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Been watching the Paraiba tourmaline hour on Gems tonight, and Adina has been dithering around, as usual. She starts a sentence, stops, corrects herself, garbles and stammers, goes off topic..and so it goes on and on. If I wasn't interested in the gemstone, I couldn't bear to watch when she's on. I wouldn't mind, but there was only one of each piece of jewellery (all rings) - how difficult can it be to present an hour like that with high-end pieces, not the pressure of a high-quantity auction? I wish she'd get herself organised - she shows 2 rings and you think she's going to auction each of them in turn, but she then puts them to one side - then 2 minutes later she's picked them up again and is auctioning each of the same rings!! Why bother spending time showing just those two particular rings, why not just get on with the show? Then she tells you she's running out of time - get organised, woman!!! It may be a coincidence, but at least she wasn't "letting it all hang out" tonight - maybe she's read some of the comments on here?:mysmilie_454:

How annoying is that when you're trying to buy something, I'm not watching but I hear yeh. :mysmilie_13:

I just flipped back, and she's still waffling....classic comment : "this is a 9 carat Csarite". No, love, it's a 1.17ct Csarite set in 9 CARAT gold - it says so on screen! Honestly, she's gabbling so much she doesn't check the accuracy of what she's saying.....she's a natural to move to Q. By the way, did you know Camilla Parker-Bowl has got one (ie a Csarite ring)? Yes, Camilla's changed her name to 'Parker-Bowl' according to our Adina... Suppose it could have been worse - Parker-Bowels for instance?

QUOTE=shopperholic;811521]How annoying is that when you're trying to buy something, I'm not watching but I hear yeh. :mysmilie_13:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I just flipped back, and she's still waffling....classic comment : "this is a 9 carat Csarite". No, love, it's a 1.17ct Csarite set in 9 CARAT gold - it says so on screen! Honestly, she's gabbling so much she doesn't check the accuracy of what she's saying.....she's a natural to move to Q. By the way, did you know Camilla Parker-Bowl has got one (ie a Csarite ring)? Yes, Camilla's changed her name to 'Parker-Bowl' according to our Adina... Suppose it could have been worse - Parker-Bowels for instance?

Nooooo! not Camilla?! Oh that's it then, I'll definitely..............not be buying one, anyway she can probably afford the best, her part playing Audrey Roberts in Corrie must bring a few bob in. :giggle:

I am a channel hopper and if I ever come across her I don't hang around because the waffle and hand gestures are very off putting.

Oh don't get me started on the hand gestures (impression of a starfish?). What's that all about? If she stopped dithering she could get through half a dozen more jewellery pieces in an hour. What with the lack of any coherent speech and constant hand waving, she gives you no information worth having, as most of it is mispronounced or just plain wrong!
I am a channel hopper and if I ever come across her I don't hang around because the waffle and hand gestures are very off putting.

She's by no means the only culprit. In a world where you would expect time to be money they all spend far too much time waffling & not enough time selling! Especially at the start of their shifts when they go on & on about what's coming up which means they always overrun until their last hour when they always manage to finish on time!

Particularly annoying if you've tuned in to watch a particular hour and 20 minutes later you're still waiting for them to auction something from that hour!

I watch online on mute most of the time....still doesn't stop me from shouting "oh, FGS get on with it!"

I always get the impression she is being given information through her ear-piece which may explain the chopping and changing. She seems to be so busy listening to her producer that she is not giving her full attention to the product. However I cannot say I have noticed that with any other presenter. Or I could be wrong and she could just be disorganised.

No, you are absolutely right, Muttley. I've been watching this channel regularly for years, and although all of them occasionally change tack after listening through their ear-piece, she is the only one who splutters, never finishes a sentence and goes off-topic. She's worked there for about 10 years, but has never mastered one of the skills of presenting - namely, to present as though you are only communicating with the viewer! If she presents a high-end jewellery hour (such as Paraiba tourmaline or Glenn Lehrer pieces) it's a nightmare; personally, I want facts and figures about the gemstones, not to hear some bimbo spluttering, starting and stopping each sentence and wandering down the byways of irrelevance. Oh. for the days of professional presenters, such as Fiona Egan and Scott Worsfold, who told you the facts..

I always get the impression she is being given information through her ear-piece which may explain the chopping and changing. She seems to be so busy listening to her producer that she is not giving her full attention to the product. However I cannot say I have noticed that with any other presenter. Or I could be wrong and she could just be disorganised.

Adina (or Edina?) is enough to drive me to drink. I've deliberately been tuning in lately, just to have a butchers at what she's wearing. Did she buy a job lot of those terrible black one shouldered efforts? Or does she wear the same one? Whatever the answer, she looks ghastly.

she's been wearing them for yonks and, like you, I wondered whether it was a couple of the same, or just the one dress? The one-shoulders are totally unflattering, but better than others where it all hangs out for want of decent support, if you know what I mean. For someone who has an attractive face, and could look lovely if she made the effort, her dresses and scruffy-looking hair let her down. She needs some hairstyling tips and a few decent dresses. Pity someone at Gems doesn't tell her. She could also do with a crash course on how to present a show - but as she's been there ten years or more already, I doubt that's going to happen.:mysmilie_51:

Adina (or Edina?) is enough to drive me to drink. I've deliberately been tuning in lately, just to have a butchers at what she's wearing. Did she buy a job lot of those terrible black one shouldered efforts? Or does she wear the same one? Whatever the answer, she looks ghastly.

Adina spends about 20 minutes of each show droning on and on. I just want the show to start and not listen to her babbling on. She drives me mad and I cannot watch her anymore - it is just too painful.

Adina on now,has managed to wear a top that covers them up. good on her. already fumbling her words though

Adina on top procrastinating form in the Turritella hour this evening, first item auctioned past the half hour but stopped quickly enough to start the next hour...Fire Opal bleuuuuggghhh! :mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51:

IF YOU HAVE TO WAFFLE DO IT WHILE AUCTIONING ITEMS AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janey, This is just typical of her - unless it's a stone I particularly like and want to see, I cannot watch her. What with the half-finished sentences, irrelevant babblings and going off-topic at regular intervals, it's too much like watching Peter Simon on IW for my liking. She seems unable to cope with the directions she gets in her earpiece and keep on track with the auctions at the same time - and she's been working there over 10 years!!! Although what directions she gets is beyond me, as she wastes so much time she must get through half the pieces other presenters do. She'll be going on maternity leave soon, and horrible though it sounds I can't wait for her to take a few months off. When you think of the really good presenters that have left this year - such as Fiona and Scott - it's even more annoying, especially as they seemed able to fit into working in different time slots, and she only ever does evenings. :headbang::headbang::headbang:
Adina on top procrastinating form in the Turritella hour this evening, first item auctioned past the half hour but stopped quickly enough to start the next hour...Fire Opal bleuuuuggghhh! :mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51:

IF YOU HAVE TO WAFFLE DO IT WHILE AUCTIONING ITEMS AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back