Change in Balance n Brighten foundation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Laura L'occitane Earle

Registered Shopper
I remember reading some time back that Laura Geller had sold her company and after that read some reviews for BnB that mentioned it has changed for the worse, and is much more powdery now. This seems to be a common dilemma for me, finding a hero product I adore only to have it changed for the worse or disappear altogether.
I am wondering if anyone knows when the change occurred. The last 2 TSVs I bought were the Tuscan sun and Decadent sweets - can anyone tell me if these were the good old formula or the nasty new powdery stuff. Previously to this I bought almost every TSV and have a stash of BNBs but also give them away to sisters and friends. I just want to know if I should bother testing the BNBs in the aforementioned sets or flog them ASAP.

I bought the Bella Vita TSV before that and my B & B was powdery in that. Not sure what date that was.

I bought the last two TSVs &, to be honest, I haven't found any difference at all between the B&B in those & the old ones I have. I use Porcelain. I couldn't understand what the complaints were about.

I've noticed from the one after Bella Vita, I think it was the very first one in the New Year. I have the Bella Vita too, but put the B&B in a drawer so haven't tried it. The New Year one was suspiciously white in Porcelain so I started on it straight away to see if the formula may have changed and I may need to send it back within 30 days, and found it more powdery than usual. I have been using it since and probably got used to it, it seems okay so far and I'm about half way through the pot.

The problem is that while Laura is still the face of the company, that's all she is now. She has no say in any business decisions. IIRC, she didn't want to close her studio in New York, but she had no choice. She signed the contract, so she has to go along with anything the new owners say.

I agree with another poster, it's annoying when something you've loved for a long time changes. Yes, Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic, I'm talking about you!

I bought a TSV that had the 'fair' shade in it towards the end of last year and noticed that it was really powdery. The previous TSV (which I think I bought in the summer of 2014) had the shade 'medium' and that was the usual non powdery consistency. I don't use that much because it's too dark for me now. I bought another 'fair' from Beauty Bay a few months ago thinking that the one i'd bought from Q was a 'duff batch', but the Beauty Bay one was just as bad. I won't be re-purchasing as the powdery version isn't what suits my skin...such a pity as I have been a real fan of the BnB over the years.

I am the same, Lilac tree. I have been a fan of BnB for about 8 years and loved the way that it was so quick and an almost no make up look. I really don't know what to replace it with. And there is another part of me that is really annoyed at the way you find a good product and then it gets taken over and basically destroyed in the name of cost cutting and money making.

I've not experienced any change, but then I'm still on the one I bought 2+ years ago, and my reserves are only slightly younger than that. I did buy the Bella Vita TSV, but it was a gift. Personally, I think B&B is a little powdery even in the ones I've got. If newer ones are more powdery then that would put me off. I switched from Bare Minerals to B&B because it was easier, and gave a more flattering finish on the skin. I found the BM looked drier and, as a consequence, made me look older.

I've never liked liquid foundations or anything heavy - my skin feels as if it can't breathe. So if not Laura Geller's Balance & Brighten, what next? I'm a little worried as this was my perfect solution.

I haven't noticed it being more powdery but the last one I bought was very dark. I use the medium and am dark olive skinned and it was too dark, almost muddy on me. It put me right off.

I bought a TSV that had the 'fair' shade in it towards the end of last year and noticed that it was really powdery. The previous TSV (which I think I bought in the summer of 2014) had the shade 'medium' and that was the usual non powdery consistency. I don't use that much because it's too dark for me now. I bought another 'fair' from Beauty Bay a few months ago thinking that the one i'd bought from Q was a 'duff batch', but the Beauty Bay one was just as bad. I won't be re-purchasing as the powdery version isn't what suits my skin...such a pity as I have been a real fan of the BnB over the years.
I think that they changed the formula for the worst deliberately and then introduced Spackle as a solution to the problem and making more money in the process.

I have moved away from B&B as I thought it looked powdery & dry on my skin.I don't really put this down to any change in formulation but who knows? I have generally moved away from LG makeup.

May I ask what you are using instead of LG, Silver fox? Although I have a small stash, I meed to be thinking about me next hero foundation. I do like the idea of a baked product.

I do still use B n B but also like Judith Williams Magic Make-Up, maybe with a quick dab of B n B on the nose for extra coverage.

Latest posts

Back