Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ideal World announces
    UK Launch of Moppy by Polti

Ideal World is delighted to announce the arrival of Moppy by Polti a brand new cleaning system designed to make your cleaning life easier. Making its UK debut live on Ideal World TV at 10pm on Thursday 22nd June, Moppy will launch for the exclusive price of 99.99 (usual price 129.99) to celebrate its arrival!

With its double clean function as a dust sweeper and also as a hygienic cleaner, Moppy removes dirt and bacteria from all surfaces including floors and vertical surfaces too. Using the hot steam charged cloths, which are easy to remove and wash, Moppy is 99.9% effective at removing 4 main types of bacteria, including E.Coli due to the unique material of the microfiber cloths - making your cleaning routine thorough and quick too.

Lightweight and portable, this cordless floor cleaner has extra manoeuvrability with its 360 degree rotation. Combined with its flat and flexible shape and head, Moppy can reach virtually anywhere! And its ready in ten seconds too for a speedy clean when you need it most.

Read More

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Default Ok so who is watching?

And what do you think?

I think it seems relaxed and calm but if you compare to c&c the filming isn't as focused and the sound is a bit like they are in the bathroom.

Gutted I've got to go to work now because I would like to watch some more.

› See More: Ok so who is watching?

Post Thanks / Like

Wish they had managed to get the web site up and running for the launch. By last night the cameras were filming from better angles and even overhead. Things can only improve!
      Flying Pigs

3.    Sewing Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

I am no expert with regard to what type of 'filming' technique is used on the tv but I do know there is a type called 'film'. This is a brighter and fresh/airy type of filming compared to the warmer more homely and clearer (IMO) type of filming. Looking at the launch show yesterday I wonder if they are using this different type of 'film' method to produce their shows?????

Whatever they were doing it did not work. Bleached out white demos/samples were next to useless.

These are just my observations on the launch day:-

1. Barbara G did a brilliant job, as did Lee. Professional personable people who know their trade.

2. The set in the kitchen for the launch needed a bit more impact. I know they are just starting but I think the kitchen 'set' should have been completely ready even if the team working on it had to have been up all night. Some greenery, swanky aspirational kitchen equipment (oh and by the way you could see the filming crew in the oven door refection).

3. Card samples that are shown need to be tilted forward otherwise the studio lights bleach them out, on C&C they were always titling the novices cards down a bit (so that at home we could actually see them).

4. Early days but the links from one programme to another were dire. Voices were heard when they shouldn't have been and shots of presenters and their guests in their positions in the studio not knowing what was happening, when they thought they were off air, was amateur.

If I had been in charge I would have delayed the launch by a couple of weeks to iron out all these things, more rehearsals and more training (if studio staff were new to the job).

Anyway, I do wish Barbara lots of luck in this new adventure, possibly in a months time things will have sorted themselves out and with everyone being less new it should come together.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a look and there seems to be a variety of things on offer. I'm not a crafter but was interested in the new channel.I saw sewing advice with live response to a viewer question and this morning a stamping show.Reminds me very much of A level art,block printing and screen printing. Quite interesting but I don't have the patience these days for craft.Its not on Freeview yet so the audience will be less i should think.i didnt recognise any presenters.

6.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

1st watch this morning. It is a rubbish name, I have to say & it all looks a bit amateurish compared to C&C but I'm sure they will improve.
      The 'Freedom' club is 6.97 a month for free p&p when you buy & 20% off items marked 'Freedom'. That is pretty steep unless you are a very frequent buyer. Think I'll stick to e bay & the odd C&C purchase when they have free p&p or other reductions.

8.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

On Sky the picture looks like it's being relayed via the Moon. Strangely on the internet it's picture perfect. Camera angles and sound have improved a bit today. Hubby suggested they are using remotely operated cameras from the production room, rather than live peeps on the floor. If so, it doesn't work any where nearly so well.
      Thanks London thanked for this post

10.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Is this available on Freeview please? I've never heard of it.

12.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

So will the people who appear on here who used to appear on C&C still be on C&C or are they considered to have " jumped ship"

14.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

I've been watching on Freeview it's 39 (just 3 a long from C&C) the picture was fine for me although the sound was dire - too quiet and a lot of echo - today the volume is better but there's still an echo - curtains would help with this!!!!!
      The details are too small and the camera position of the guests means it looks crowded on one side but this can be sorted easily. The camera work today is an improvement on yesterday and I'm sure it will get better as they go along - C&C and QVC weren't slick operations when they first started so comparisons aren't fair.
      Better deal on the P+P and the one day special price compared very favourably with the place I buy my dies (only 54p more) which is a big improvement on C&Cs die prices (unless you are buy 100+ bundles that is) but I'm not sold on the club as yet.
      I like the fact you can cancel it anytime you want, make 2 separate orders of a single item in a month and the club will only cost you 1.07 a month - any show with 20% discount on items would then be a real saving. Shame about the website as that's also important for having a browse to see what's available.

I think all-in-all it's a good start, and very watchable.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say it's all rather amateurish and maybe needed a bit more rehearsal and run through!!?? The picture and camera work is not great and the sound is appauling - I normally watch the TV on about 20, however I have had to turn it up to 36 just to be able to hear presenter/guest and if they raise their voice or laugh it almost males me jump and the cat scarpered!! Let's hope it gets better.............................
      Likes historymystery liked this post