Ok so who is watching?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sharonk

Registered Shopper
And what do you think?

I think it seems relaxed and calm but if you compare to c&c the filming isn't as focused and the sound is a bit like they are in the bathroom.

Gutted I've got to go to work now because I would like to watch some more.

Wish they had managed to get the web site up and running for the launch. By last night the cameras were filming from better angles and even overhead. Things can only improve!

I am no expert with regard to what type of 'filming' technique is used on the tv but I do know there is a type called 'film'. This is a brighter and fresh/airy type of filming compared to the warmer more homely and clearer (IMO) type of filming. Looking at the launch show yesterday I wonder if they are using this different type of 'film' method to produce their shows?????

Whatever they were doing it did not work. Bleached out white demos/samples were next to useless.

These are just my observations on the launch day:-

1. Barbara G did a brilliant job, as did Lee. Professional personable people who know their trade.

2. The set in the kitchen for the launch needed a bit more impact. I know they are just starting but I think the kitchen 'set' should have been completely ready even if the team working on it had to have been up all night. Some greenery, swanky aspirational kitchen equipment (oh and by the way you could see the filming crew in the oven door refection).

3. Card samples that are shown need to be tilted forward otherwise the studio lights bleach them out, on C&C they were always titling the novices cards down a bit (so that at home we could actually see them).

4. Early days but the links from one programme to another were dire. Voices were heard when they shouldn't have been and shots of presenters and their guests in their positions in the studio not knowing what was happening, when they thought they were off air, was amateur.

If I had been in charge I would have delayed the launch by a couple of weeks to iron out all these things, more rehearsals and more training (if studio staff were new to the job).

Anyway, I do wish Barbara lots of luck in this new adventure, possibly in a months time things will have sorted themselves out and with everyone being less new it should come together.

I had a look and there seems to be a variety of things on offer. I'm not a crafter but was interested in the new channel.I saw sewing advice with live response to a viewer question and this morning a stamping show.Reminds me very much of A level art,block printing and screen printing. Quite interesting but I don't have the patience these days for craft.Its not on Freeview yet so the audience will be less i should think.i didnt recognise any presenters.

1st watch this morning. It is a rubbish name, I have to say & it all looks a bit amateurish compared to C&C but I'm sure they will improve.
The 'Freedom' club is £6.97 a month for free p&p when you buy & 20% off items marked 'Freedom'. That is pretty steep unless you are a very frequent buyer. Think I'll stick to e bay & the odd C&C purchase when they have free p&p or other reductions.

On Sky the picture looks like it's being relayed via the Moon. Strangely on the internet it's picture perfect. Camera angles and sound have improved a bit today. Hubby suggested they are using remotely operated cameras from the production room, rather than live peeps on the floor. If so, it doesn't work any where nearly so well.

So will the people who appear on here who used to appear on C&C still be on C&C or are they considered to have " jumped ship"

I've been watching on Freeview it's 39 (just 3 a long from C&C) the picture was fine for me although the sound was dire - too quiet and a lot of echo - today the volume is better but there's still an echo - curtains would help with this!!!!!
The details are too small and the camera position of the guests means it looks crowded on one side but this can be sorted easily. The camera work today is an improvement on yesterday and I'm sure it will get better as they go along - C&C and QVC weren't slick operations when they first started so comparisons aren't fair.
Better deal on the P+P and the one day special price compared very favourably with the place I buy my dies (only 54p more) which is a big improvement on C&Cs die prices (unless you are buy £100+ bundles that is) but I'm not sold on the club as yet.
I like the fact you can cancel it anytime you want, make 2 separate orders of a single item in a month and the club will only cost you £1.07 a month - any show with 20% discount on items would then be a real saving. Shame about the website as that's also important for having a browse to see what's available.

I think all-in-all it's a good start, and very watchable.

I have to say it's all rather amateurish and maybe needed a bit more rehearsal and run through!!?? The picture and camera work is not great and the sound is appauling - I normally watch the TV on about 20, however I have had to turn it up to 36 just to be able to hear presenter/guest and if they raise their voice or laugh it almost males me jump and the cat scarpered!! Let's hope it gets better.............................:doh::confused:

I am no expert with regard to what type of 'filming' technique is used on the tv but I do know there is a type called 'film'. This is a brighter and fresh/airy type of filming compared to the warmer more homely and clearer

A 'film' type would be more like you see blockbuster type movies filmed in - the total opposite of bright/airy. Quite dark/moody with certain colours quite punchy.

I think Hochanda have used a technique so far as 'rubbish' :mysmilie_19:

Their idea of hobby and craft is so broad they are currently broadcasting an hour of Pyrex dishes with DIY Charlie from Bid, who I guess is their version of Ideal World Joe.

The good old Halogen cooker air fryer was being sold this afternoon. The sound is terrible ,like an echo chamber.

This is the problem. Either it is a Hobby, Arts and Craft channel or a jack of all trades channel. Crafters won't watch if that's the case because who can be bothered to keep switching on if its not crafts and becomes more like Ideal World.

Well it's easy to knock something but you also need to look for positives.
I don't watch any channel all day so using a programme guide to find the things I will watch is not a problem - to me it doesn't matter if it's what I deem as craft because I don't watch sewing, knitting or cooking shows, but I accept that many people watch them even if they are not my crafts.

My picture if fine (when it's on) the sound has improved greatly, I saw some great close-ups when watching Kleshna - showing an improvement in the camera work. They did run through everything in the kit but it wasn't right at the start and that didn't bother me as I was enjoying watching and didn't mind waiting.
The grey sets may not be great for tv but it's the latest trend in decorating - it just shows some trends shouldn't be followed but as for those saying the sets are empty and need dressing - I'm watching for what they are selling not the view of the wall/shelves behind them.
C&C had no website when they first started but we are now used to having one, I hope the issues are sorted soon as I'm itching to have a browse.
I didn't think Kay was washed out on the show I saw but I did think at times she was talking too fast - perhaps a hangover from C&C where they get so little time to actually demo and need to go quickly.

I hope they get the signal problems sorted and the website working or this could be a very short-lived experience for all concerned.

I saw it for the first time yesterday, the ex QVC guest "locknlock" Haribin???? was demoing a halogen oven with a male presenter. I saw about 20 minutes of it and found it very amusing with the interaction between them, and the presenter trying to eat things but Locknlock kept moving him along the countertop to see another demo.

The picture was OK, but a very dark and dismal set.

I saw it for the first time yesterday, the ex QVC guest "locknlock" Haribin???? was demoing a halogen oven with a male presenter. I saw about 20 minutes of it and found it very amusing with the interaction between them, and the presenter trying to eat things but Locknlock kept moving him along the countertop to see another demo.

The picture was OK, but a very dark and dismal set.

Malcolm strato?

Latest posts

Back