Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ideal World Welcomes Celebrity Paul Ross as Guest Presenter

Well known for his appearance on many TV and radio shows over the decades, Paul canít wait to take centre stage and present his favourite products to you!

Weíre sure you are as excited as we are to welcome our new guest presenter Paul Ross to the Ideal World team. With decades of experience in the industry and after appearing on many TV shows including ITVís This Morning and The Alan Titchmarsh Show, Paul will bring some showbiz to the home of television shopping.

Paul canít wait to get started on the show and deliver fantastic offers straight to your front room. ďIím utterly thrilled to be joining the top team of presenters on my favourite shopping channel. Itís been my guilty secret for ages! Iíve been a viewer and buyer for many years too and love their market beating offers on stonking products. Iíd love viewers to join me at the weekends when Iíll bring them my fresh shopping selectionĒ.

Read More

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ho... Dear

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ho... Dear

Oh HOCHANDA...

It is absolutely dire and more amateur than the majority of the local TV channels that have launched... loved The Craft Channel wishing them luck on Facebook, they must have been laughing their asses off when it went on air yesterday - certainly showed them how NOT to do it next month!

A lot of people are jumping to their defense on Facebook about not knowing about some problems until you go live - that is absolute nonsense. You don't have to go live to know you haven't acoustically treated your studio space which is just a glorified open plan office... they even have bare breeze blocks on show. You don't have to go live to know text sizes on graphics are too small (unbelievable they still haven't sorted this out).

No website to order (although remember how many years it was before Ideal and C&C launched theirs) even though the gothic presenter is telling people to checkout their baskets. No mention of delivery times or money back guarantee. They haven't really made it clear to viewers when they're live (9am - 9pm). Many products available cheaper elsewhere.

The sets are dark and drab, hardly creative and inspiring plus the area that is just blinds in front of a real window is the biggest TV no no ever... yesterday the 'Queen of Crafts' was constantly washed out as the sun came in and out.

As for the presenters... not one who has a good history of actually being able to sell on TV - Matt has to be the most awkward presenter to watching and everyone loves Lee Clark but he was booted from several channels including most recently Ideal World and Create & Craft because he doesn't pull in the sales. Also, people are loving the more laid back approach, no heavy pushing from presenters but again that doesn't sell so don't get too use to it.

It's surprising that the production quality is so bad as they've poached a lot of experienced crew from Ideal World / Create & Craft - not that it shows. Although not helped by their equipment, they are mixing different types and models of cameras (hence no 2 shots match in colour) and remote operated cameras are such a bad idea for shopping TV unless like QVC you buy the best of the best and have decent operators.

On a plus note, the VT's are pretty decent - have these been made by an outside agency or freelancer?

I don't appreciate the various digs at C&C they've made including in the launch show i.e. "don't have to pay for calls" "more than just card making" - let's not forget it was Paul Wright & Val Kaye at the helm of C&C when they brought in premium rate numbers, hard selling, heavy repeat of same lines etc. Let's be honest, the only reason Paul & Val have had success previously is because Ideal World went up in flames and the insurance kick started the channel which had pretty much flat lined in the first year or so on air. Don't take any notice of their passion for this venture, it's even stated on the Crowdcube page that they expect to sell the company within a few years.

Then what will they do? Start another craft channel?

I really thought HOCHANDA were going to be the ones to watch out for...
      Thanks Totally Loopy Lou , Craftalot thanked for this post

2. Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
      Post Thanks / Like

I see Hochanda TV have got themselves a new presenter...none other than DIY Charlie ... from numerous channels...

› See More: Ho... Dear
      Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Post Thanks / Like

I watch on freeview and the picture is fine, the sound has improved. I don't have issues with the lighting either as I can see what I need to even if the sets aren't as brightly lit. As for hearing other conversations - they need to take more care to switch the mics on and off.
      I find it easier to watch online in the evening as there's no buffering but during the day it's dire. I think some of these issues must be down to signal strength and location which isn't necessarily their fault.
      As for hours of the same thing.......... it's a one day special and I seem to remember we got several hours in a day of the TSV on QVC and C&C can have endless hours of one die company after another.
      As for the mix of programmes they need to see what will attract people and what won't........... if it was endless papercrafting everyone who isn't in to that would be moaning.
      We've asked for more variety and that's what they are trying to provide and it is down to personal preference - I'm not a dog or cat person and avoid all those shows but I don't moan about them being on as I don't have time to watch all day.

As for amateurish well we could say the same about most new presenter when they first joined the other two channels - so no difference IMO.
      I do however think that smutty innuendo, in jokes with the crew and gallery, talking about their personal lives particularly when it's nothing even remotely connected to the products, talking over guests etc, is unprofessional. If push comes to shove I'd go for amateur over unprofessional.
      I'm enjoying the programmes I choose to watch and if 3 channels mean more of us can watch shows we actually like the style of then that's got to be good. I'm watching hardly any C&C and that's nothing to do with style but all down to the content as I'm not a fan of the 3 or 4 main companies that they seem to be focusing on.
      Last edited by carrots; 31-08-2015 at 09:13 PM.

5.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Hochanda went wrong a short time ago, the channel completely fell off air during a live demo. When it eventually came back on, the same demo was on, but the live graphic in the corner was removed. And now they seem unable to play out any promos or videos.

7.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

If it was the 4-5 show it played on the website except for the promotional video for the club. I was watching online as it was the Cameo demo.
      Flying Pigs

9.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

Someone forgot to put a shilling in the meter
      Likes historymystery liked this post

11.    Gemporia / Amaozon Prime

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly this is already reminding me of The Outlet Channel. It needs a lot of work and improvement. I don't understand how a group of people with so much experience in shopping television can produce and happily put something like this out there. I am not looking for negatives or deliberately being horrible, I'm concerned and quite disappointed. I hope they manage to iron out the issues quite quickly and open up a viewer feedback system.
      Likes historymystery liked this post

13.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopatdrop View Post
      Sadly this is already reminding me of The Outlet Channel. It needs a lot of work and improvement. I don't understand how a group of people with so much experience in shopping television can produce and happily put something like this out there. I am not looking for negatives or deliberately being horrible, I'm concerned and quite disappointed. I hope they manage to iron out the issues quite quickly and open up a viewer feedback system.
      I seem to remember seeing several issues that were posted about on their facebook page being mentioned and dealt with on-air.
      So I think it's possible for anyone to put something on their facebook page and it will be read even if it's not acted upon. But they have mentioned several times that they appreciate the feedback they are getting.

15.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
      Oh HOCHANDA...

It is absolutely dire ...
      A good, thorough, accurate analysis there. I think the VT is agency work.

17.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Well they have admitted to going live too soon but apparently it was down to a freeview channel becoming available - it could have been a case of take it now or wait to see if you get another slot some time in the future.
      I don't blame them for that considering the mish-mash of times and channel numbers that the Craft Channel have announce and the fact that they won't have freeview for the launch expect for those watching HD.............. I will only be able to watch online so I only hope that I can come Monday when they launch.
      I think both channels really need to be given enough time to get things sorted out........ other channels have had years to get to where they are now and they weren't without their problems in the beginning. But then some people do love to be negative.

19.    Sponsored Link

•   Alt

Advertising

advertising